Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

shop mech builds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 165

PostSubject: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:11 am

Coming up with ideas for meta-level bot builds, using things from the shop, bazzar and UC garas (idealy, of course).

Spoiler:

The launcher is for targeting (for the radar) and shooting at AIRs (anti-AIR coverage; this build mains Falx AM). Other than that, it's a typical melee LND build.

Spoiler:

This one mains the Victorl AM, with the Gaderoga AM meant to blow away melees. As the name suggests, between its hp, tgh, guard carts and force barrier, it should be able to mitigate a LOT of bullet damage.

Spoiler:

The reason I chose Vulder AM was because of its versitility (decent main weapon AM that comes with a tec-based melee attack as a bonus). The melee sucks, but it can still be used for farming or if/when the gun runs out of ammo (or if an ART is right there, asking for it). Brickgale BS is self explanatory.

Spoiler:

Here's a gunner LND build. Before I made this one, though, I learned a valuable lesson in tuning. I couldn't effectively do this with the others because of limitations I put on myself (poor tuning choices, no-hand parts, etc). This build doesn't have those limitations.

What do you all think?

Last edited by Rexir2 on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:13 am

might aswell get 20/20 tec/str
8 tec won't help that rocket launcher at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:26 am

mechaRev wrote:
might aswell get 20/20 tec/str
8 tec won't help that rocket launcher at all
With a measly 15 force and 147 ammo, I'm not willing to invest stats into the launcher. At 20 tec, the damage will only go to 17 (it's not worth the damage lost on the Falx AM).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:03 am

In practice, has the anti-air benefits of the Rocket Launcher helped much?

There was a time when Rocket Launchers, and hopping Accel Sabers using them, were potent, but the current meta hoses low-damage blast weaponry a lot. Between Ablative Plating and significantly higher HP on airs now than before, getting hit by 30s is likely simply to provoke the air into attacking you rather than spooking it off like it may have before.

Granted, for *shop* options, there's not much better picking as a land. Rocket Launcher still does offer a big enough punch, and has rather low cost at that so it's easier to fit on things, and does get you more ammo than you'd get out of a plain ol' Bazooka with the same tunes (and better mobility to boot). Magnum type weapons would probably be more universally useful, and give you better damage against grounded targets before you get in range for your Falx AM. Unfortunately I don't recall much that is shop available for strong magnum choices - Combat Mag /Mod is pretty pricey, and Custom Magnum is only marginally stronger than the Rocket Launcher in your case.

The build concept is sound enough, and your calc is fully executed. My main concern ultimately becomes, in practice, does having that anti-air weapon actually help out? If it does, that's all it needs to do. If it causes more problems than it solves, though, I'd look into a different sidearm that more directly complements the Falx AM.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:15 am

@JadeCicada
Without something to give them a reason to run, I find that I become an easy target (AIR mentality: "hey, that guy is a LND; I'll kill him, since he can't reach me with his melee!").
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:38 am

But does it actually make them run, though? That's what I'm wondering. Even as an art player, let's say my Alba, who does basically twice as much damage as your Rocket Launcher does since mine is core-only (2x16 at 39 TEC compared to 1x15 at 8 TEC, also on a faster INT), if I shoot an air, it usually ends with the air shooting back, not running. When you don't do enough damage to actually spook the air, you go from "prey that can't fight back" to "prey that has some level of priority to kill so I can go back to prey that can't fight back". That amount of damage needed has greatly increased due to the better survivability of airs these days.

Traditional lands that can fend off airs do so because they can hit hard constantly. High powered magnums tend to do the job simply because of the sheer amount of damage they deal - they may not have the blast power behind them, but they have higher force backed by higher TEC stats (and also don't get hosed by Ablative). Again, though, not an option on a shop budget, unfortunately.

I understand all the reason why you have the Rocket Launcher - it's just exactly as I asked at the start, how has it actually been working out in practice? I haven't used a Rocket Launcher in 2 years, having migrated to Ballistic for general purpose and Scram Mod when feeling mean, so I have poor grasp over its current performance. I'm merely going by my experience with similar weapons that do more damage and still serve more often to provoke airs than spook them. If it works out for you in the long run, that's what's important. Better to have the option at all than to have nothing to defend with - the 140 cost can't make your Falx melee much better so it's mainly a matter of where that investment goes for a sidearm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:49 am

@JadeCicada
You have a point when it comes to priority, but then I'd be helping the team by drawing the gunfire away from them. From there, I could simply bring the AIR(s) in question to our ART(s), thanks to the k-shield protecting me from being stunned. (This is me trying to make the best of a bad situation)

As for the Rocket Launcher, its okay at best. The damage is decent, as is the overall performance. It does scare off some AIRs every now and then (usually the kind that are running low on hp). The only issues I have are the ones that outrange me (mialy type A, Thoarla AM3, Ramdiver AM2, Aqua Parasol, B Blast Railgun, etc), anti-homing AIRs (seraph crims, monigga airs, Ramdiver BS, etc) and bad homing (Armada AM2), all of which currently flood the arena. These typically don't run. Yes, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Also, I added builds for an ART and an AIR. And no, I'm not a big fan of alpha striking.

EDIT: Made some small changes to the builds, since I like my Wonder Bits (except for Anti-Homing Bits, I don't care for those).

EDIT: Added a gunner LND build. Is this meta enough?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:55 am

drop a small amount of hp to get positive STR for anti-homing bit and the build becomes a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:03 am

Winty wrote:
drop a small amount of hp to get positive STR for anti-homing bit and the build becomes a whole lot better.
Done. You know, we usually butt heads when it comes to this sort of stuff. This time, though, I'll make an exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1287

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:11 am

Told ☑
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: shop mech builds   

Back to top Go down

shop mech builds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum