Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Any guides for Marill March Trill?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VietPho
Always Drunk

Male Posts : 1772

PostSubject: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:49 pm

I used my code promotion key for this Character because she's a Medium Artillery Type. However, I am unable to get into top 10 of my matches at the Union Wars Sad

I chose this girl because I thought I could just launch long range missles on enemies.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vietpho.net
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:19 am

VietPho wrote:
I used my code promotion key for this Character because she's a Medium Artillery Type. However, I am unable to get into top 10 of my matches at the Union Wars Sad

I chose this girl because I thought I could just launch long range missles on enemies.

First off, the explosives in the shop are either the LL launchers she can't use, Grenades which are short ranged (you NEVER want to be in short range with Maril), and the single lamest bazooka in the game. You need to play for a while hoping for a good Rocket Launcher type weapon to drop before you'll really see her (or any art, actually) leverage their explosives specialty.

Her best strategy is to get behind cover, stand still and press the right mouse button six times to charge her sound balls. Next you jump up, lock onto an enemy while jumping, and hit the right button again to launch the sound balls. Lastly, drop back down behind the cover and repeat.

The soundballs aren't amazingly strong compared to, say, Destructor's or Snailbot's anti air missiles, and the manual loading of the balls makes her hard to use. Where she shines is that the sound balls track flying targets better than a pro with a laser. There's just no running from them. She can decimate even a pro hopper, where most other weapons would miss all over the place. Sadly, they're untyped damage... but this means they don't get blocked by any of the Guard Cartages and have equal effect on all bots.

That's about as much of a guide as I can write, good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:23 am

The Maril March is a very good bot which requires some thought before you equip her with anything.

Her internal weapon is the sound-balls, which have fantastic homing and good damage. Tapping right click will charge them up, then another right click when locked on will launch them. This weapon will make air units think twice about approaching you. It takes time to charge, so it isn't smart to use them when someone gets close. As an arty, you'll make best use of some sort of Bazooka as your primary close/mid ranged weapon. Aside from that, there are many different combinations of weapons that would make her effective; even a shield could be effectively used.

Sound Balls - Powerful, strong homing. Require time to charge up.

As with all arty type bots, you're not going to be the fastest thing out there. Keep your distance and always be well aware of your surroundings. Stay with your teammates and keep the skies clear with your deadly music.

Smile

*edit

Feign beat me to it~
Back to top Go down
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 am

imma add a little...

point being M size ART are capable wearing wide selection of parts, from Psyco formula AM to Sturbanger AM, gonna give you wide selection of strategy and Tune Ups. Even you kinda lacking some heavy weapon (especialy most scarier Rocket and Bazzoka are LL size), you can make it up with good mobility (yea, marill have good mobility compared most ART) and Part selection.
Like... if you want be missile launcers, you can arm your Marill with Howitzer AMJ (L size sub weapon Howtizer missiles) , Build Arm BS ( S Size sub Weapon Anti Air Missiles) and... the Missile LGJ (L size sub Weapon normal Missiles). hmm... i dont think still enuf capacity... but adding Misside AM isnt bad idea tho...

The soundball itself... even not as good as explosive (as Feign sez, it counted as Bullet Type), it have homing ability as good as lily rain psybeam and travel speed as fast as breaker bullet. the downside only you need load the ball before shoot.
If you really want use this sound ball, im recommended you get the original marill instead, despite only can lock for 1 target, the original one can load to 8 ball , Compared to Trill variant can lock 2 target with 6 ball (3 ball each).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 am

Thanks for the response guys.
I figured out how to use her sound balls like how Feign described: Hide, Loadup, Shoot, Hide and repeat.

@Couorius

I've equiped her with a Howitzer AMJ. This thing only has like 25 or 50 missiles though.

Can I get the Missle LGJ and the build arm bs in the store?

Hmm.

So the original Trill can shoot 8 balls @ 1 target and the March Trill can lock 2 target with 6 balls (3 each).

8 balls all in attacak onto 1 target seems like a better startegy to me.

BUt I am trying to decide if I should stick to March Trill because she's the character i chose to use my free beta code on Sad

I kinda wish I had chosen that LOUD flame girl.

Are there any top players who are using this March Trill?

Is there a specific character and build people are following for this game right now that guarantees pure ownage?
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 am

Maril is a pro anti air. Ehhh, well, destructor CN with all internal weapon, is quite good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Provis

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:07 pm

While shooting 8 sound balls instead of 6 may be seem better, keep in mind you'll have to charge 2 more. Two beats don't take a second of time but I dunno if anyone here's experienced it but sometimes they fail to charge. However, lets assume that there's no lag and they do charge. I don't know the stats of both Maryls but I'd say both are pretty even (aside from the pulse gun thing, which I promptly replaced with box missiles).

Let's say you fire off 8 balls at one target, there's no guarantee they'll all hit. If you see your mech get hit by one and you're fast about it, it's possible to dodge the last 2 or so coming at you. Robots with high TGH will also take less damage from consecutive damage reductions.

Now we consider firing 3 balls at 2 targets. Keeping in mind there's less load time, it may be easier to catch at least one person. Once one hits you, the other two general follow too quickly to dodge too since they come in smaller and usually denser packages. Still, its harder to not shoot random terrain and random targets but that applies to any ranged sub weapon since you can't really aim the thing.

All in all, I'm pretty sure the overall DPS would be higher firing at two targets instead of just one but you'll get less kills. If you can successfully connect with all 8 balls, then of course the former has an advantage but whiffing would mean much less damage. Risk vs reward?

About sound balls vs *insert internal weapon*, I'd go with sound balls. I just prefer burst and cover rather than steadily pounding the foe. I find howitzer missiles laughably easy to dodge though. You can see it coming easy if you spent less time staring at your robot's _________.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:51 pm

I agree with Provis' analysis. Three large soundballs hitting two targets will overall do much more damage, and add to your score, more than eight lesser soundballs hitting one target. I'll say it's unlikely even with eight that someone will dodge them... We're talking about AA Missile Homing along with Breaker Bullet Speed here. The main difference is the toughness reduction, after the fourth or fifth sound ball, the other's are hitting for 1s and 2s on anything with decent toughness.

Against single, slow, low Toughness enemies, Regular maril March far out-damages Trill... In more realistic scenarios, though, Trill is better.

Also, I would not recommend putting a bunch of different homing subweapons on an Art... Each time you switch between weapons, they lose their lock and have to reacquire their targets. With Maril, an extra Howitzer or Missile Barrel is fine, as you can have Soundball as the secondary subweapon and do the following:

Hold E and right click behind cover->Let go of E, jump out, aquire lock and launch Howitzer->Hold E while still out, aquire lock and launch Soundballs->Let go of E, Aquire lock with Howitzer again and launch->Jump back behind cover to reload soundballs.

A much more complex dance than without a Howitzer, but it does get you more shots per charging time.

VietPho wrote:
Is there a specific character and build people are following for this game right now that guarantees pure ownage?
As mentioned before, the stuff in the shop is pretty much suck right now. A quick check of CBJP indeed confirmed that the Bazooka and Rocket Launcher are both shop items there, but not currently in Final Beta... Either have patience or buy two Steel riders, which come with the Large Sized Bazooka and equip those suckers on Maril... Froglander Arms to hold them, along with using a Cannonballer BS should save you enough points to put them both on the level 0 Trill.

Last edited by Feign on Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Provis

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 pm

I see. I dunno if it's lag or just me not being notified but it feels like a I miss a lot. The hit sound pretty much always goes off once per barrage for me so I have no clue whether I hit with all of them or just one. Against aerial targets, if they're moving perpendicular to your aim and are still visible (aka not across the map) I find I miss a lot. It's easy to say 'wait till they aren't flying sideways' but a good air unit never flies in one direction for long and the balls aren't instant hit (like anything in CB). Oh well, I should save my missiles for air units and spam the balls on distant ground units more I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:55 am

I'm gonna give on this character because she's too slow walking
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 am

oh, and another thing about the 6 vs 8 sound balls,
trill's sound balls hits for more individually (trill's balls hits for 16 damage unupgraded each, while the other one hits for.. not sure i think 14 or so).

Feign wrote:
With Maril, an extra Howitzer or Missile Barrel is fine, as you can have Soundball as the secondary subweapon and do the following:

Hold E and right click behind cover->Let go of E, jump out, aquire lock and launch Howitzer->Hold E while still out, aquire lock and launch Soundballs->Let go of E, Aquire lock with Howitzer again and launch->Jump back behind cover to reload soundballs.
or, as an alternative, set the sound balls as your main:
right click behind cover to charge up balls, move out, hold E -> lock -> launch howitzer, release E -> lock -> launch sound balls, back to cover.
basically the same tho, just lesser use of the E button, bad thing probably that the howitzer and sound balls would hit almost the same time, getting tgh damage reduction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:49 am

I will give her a try again later with that Missle + sound ball technique
Back to top Go down
Provis

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 am

VietPho wrote:

I don't think any 'heavy' artillery unit is fast. The only fast one that comes to mind is the Cannonballer. You could just slap zookas on a land unit and call it a day but you'll do less damage, have less range and a more narrow firing radius. If I'm nailed while alone by some random melee unit I'm arguably dead but that's a mistake I can easily fix. After all, there is no perfect unit so you'll have to give some things up to gain others.

Another question, about Maryl's arm pulse gun. I heard that the non-TRILL deals 30 instead of 10 but what other differences are there? Just curious. If someone could link me to a trustworthy source of info that would be nice too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Courius
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 928

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Provis wrote:
VietPho wrote:

I don't think any 'heavy' artillery unit is fast. The only fast one that comes to mind is the Cannonballer. You could just slap zookas on a land unit and call it a day but you'll do less damage, have less range and a more narrow firing radius. If I'm nailed while alone by some random melee unit I'm arguably dead but that's a mistake I can easily fix. After all, there is no perfect unit so you'll have to give some things up to gain others.

Another question, about Maryl's arm pulse gun. I heard that the non-TRILL deals 30 instead of 10 but what other differences are there? Just curious. If someone could link me to a trustworthy source of info that would be nice too.

seriously... i slap all Steel Rider Part on her... and 1 Propeler BSJ , 22 WLK and you said it slow? for ART type it already damn FAST!! mine izuna even only have 19 WLK without her Negatron Rifle.

still about How-Fast-Art-Can-Be... how about hoverion? he have good wlk despite being Heavy ART

About Marill AM ...

non trill AM2 deal better damage, but not in Rapid Succesion like Trill AM3, it pretty slow that make me dump that AM after 1st trying...

comparison... the Marill AM2 (normal one) are normal Gun, while Marill AM3 (Trill Version) are Sub Machine Gun. you can make your victim orga... i mean... Stunned over , over , over and over due rapid strike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toughambition
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Do the cartridge upgrades give any bonus? I tried to put one in but, it seemed like nothing changed after I added it.

Edit:
Never mind, I got this answered. You have to click the bd piece to notice the changes.

Last edited by toughambition on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:13 am

Maril March Triil.

I don't change much of her part, just pvp like normal ART, stay behind, don't rush etc etc. if air unit is in the range of your Shockwave weapon (Maril March AM3), use it. the shockwave for some reason give more damage to air bots. as simple as that ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:47 am

I hope we get a 2015 Marill March remake Smile
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:04 am

maril will never get a remake as she is relegated to NPC duties.

nvr4get
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2952

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:13 am

VietPho wrote:
what was even the point of this post
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant

Female Posts : 2852

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:17 am

Diabolical wrote:
VietPho wrote:
what was even the point of this post

It's not necro if the one who necro'd is the OP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
Cat Fish
Cat Fish

Male Posts : 7867

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am

I never thought noodle was around in 2010 lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Esequienes?
Genuine Drunk
Genuine Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:28 am

He has been in this game and in this forum longer than most of the rt fags here he has a lot to teach you guys Laughing

Maril march trill was the best version of the 2 her 6 sound balls were bigger and charged faster than 8 and had more force and could aim at multiple people. The only maril march that is bazaareable is the pink hair one that was given as a code. At first I thought maril march was a guest character form another media thats why it only appear 1 time but it was not the case CS just forgot about her but for some reason they mention her in Lala's weapons description and her name apears in one of rinka's weapon shaped as a guitar. My theory is that Maril march was just a musical idol just making a appearance in the cosmic ark then she left to continue her concerts thats why she didnt came back to the cosmic ark again. I still have my Maril March from 2011 just waiting for the time beginner rule rooms becomes active again...

Maril march with black hair is the nicest looking one I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5210

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:02 pm

Esequienes? wrote:
He has been in this game and in this forum longer than most of the rt fags here he has a lot to teach you guys Laughing

Maril march trill was the best version of the 2 her 6 sound balls were bigger and charged faster than 8 and had more force and could aim at multiple people. The only maril march that is bazaareable is the pink hair one that was given as a code. At first I thought maril march was a guest character form another media thats why it only appear 1 time but it was not the case CS just forgot about her but for some reason they mention her in Lala's weapons description and her name apears in one of rinka's weapon shaped as a guitar. My theory is that Maril march was just a musical idol just making a appearance in the cosmic ark then she left to continue her concerts thats why she didnt came back to the cosmic ark again. I still have my Maril March from 2011 just waiting for the time beginner rule rooms becomes active again...

Maril march with black hair is the nicest looking one I love you

he might have been longer but he just *** ********* *** * * * ******* while trying, but he does try to improve just needs to learn to listen/STARE hardur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VietPho
Always Drunk

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:09 am

Lol. I was a UC player back then and quit after 8 months or so to play competitive Starcraft II.

Technically I've only played CB for 2 years (I returned in November 2014 until now).

But year I remember having a lot of issues with Marill March Trill at the time.

I remember using Destructor CN on that snow map and stand on that one cliff to shoot over to the enemy power spot. Those were the days ^^

Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:28 am

Competitive Starcraft?  Is that why you can afford to spend so much RT all the time? If so, I'm impressed. pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any guides for Marill March Trill?   

Back to top Go down

Any guides for Marill March Trill?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Gameplay Questions/Discussions-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum