Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What do you think CS should do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 165

PostSubject: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Cosmic Broken has gotten really bad with game balance. What would everyone like to see for updates?

As for my ideas,
1. Unnerf small-bot Sway (the overall nerf is okay, but the double-whammy small bots got made getting it almost a waste of a cart. Custom Sway is nice, but unless someone knows otherwise, a smaller medium bot would in theory still outperform an actual small one)
2. Stop giving non-SUP bots powerful debuffs (Who else here has been hit with Eve's Powerless shot and asked themselves "why did CS have to give her this?" Aside from bits, healing and misc effects, buffs and debuffs are the only reasons anyone would want to play a SUP bot. By giving the best secondary effects to non-SUPs, most SUP players mentality have pretty much become "be healer or don't run SUP at all")
3. Design a strong SUP bot (Continuing on my rant, SUPs get almost no respect nowadays, other than Melfi, Ravi or Trintia. One idea I have would be to have a SUP with a Mega Beam Gun-like core weapon that can remove buffs and cause Support Reject on hit. Another idea would be to make a Zero-type SUP, whose paths could go into either buffing team members or spreading debuffs everywhere)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Samui
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 724

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Waitress Reisha and Eris are SUP-type ZEROs as far as I remember.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2894

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Make it so debuffs that aren't from tunes or subweapons do not affect the type that counters the bot that can deal the debuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:42 pm

there's no problems with air eve having powerless to stop melee. oh no airs can fuck melee, isn't that the whole point?
problem is when artillery have powerless/shock to stop melee
airs that have disorder/charge delay to avoid being shot at when they are out of melee range.

sway is fine on small bots. Un-nerfed sway was really broken and shouldn't be in the game.

buff removal needs to be on more bots, supports need better weapons yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:12 pm

@Winty wrote:
there's no problems with air eve having powerless to stop melee. oh no airs can fuck melee, isn't that the whole point?

What I'm getting at with that example is that she doesn't need it to screw over melee LNDs, she flies high enough to never be threatened by them, so putting it on her is completely redundant; by having it, she basicly takes the role of anti-melee from SUPs.

@Winty wrote:
sway is fine on small bots. Un-nerfed sway was really broken and shouldn't be in the game.

Yes, unnerffed Sway was broken, but they destroyed it for small bots by nerfing them harder than mediums and larges. Small bots are supposed to be harder to hit, no?

Another idea: A (SUP) bot with a unique self-charging stationary bit that spits out a random tree-farmable item every 5 seconds or so. It would be great to bring on those maps where items can't be farmed.

Last edited by Rexir2 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:16 pm

Optimize the hell out of it.

Damage fallout past lock limit, Native resistance to weapons from the type that each type is supposed to counter, remove change attacks/debuffs that counter types that are supposed to counter you instead, reduce the range on a million weapons, introduce free yet good content that takes time to obtain and put such content as tradeable or on the shop for people who don't want to grind, put extremely old gara bots on the shop and obtainable through time consuming way (like crafting), introduce parts crafting and either make such parts tradeable or on the shop (welp I'm repeating myself), use crafting to allow people to increase the number of slots on a part, with all the money from people who doesn't like to wait, get rid of prots or at the very least make an item to restore the slots (crafting+shop makes money and everyone happy).

If crafting moes sounds silly, make it so they have NPC's on the map, and if you give the parts that they want or do a questline for them, you get them as reward, if you don't want to grind, buy them on the shop.

Powerless on Eve isn't redundant, because what powerless does isn't damage, is make it so they can't kill your team as easily. It's a team based game, just because she's high enough to not be affected by melee, it doesn't make powerless redundant. (Her weapons also happen to be shell based, unless it's Bikini Eve.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4536

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:35 pm

There are plenty of viable supports. Just because people don't play them doesn't mean they aren't there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:44 pm

@Rexir2 wrote:
What I'm getting at with that example is that she doesn't need it to screw over melee LNDs, she flies high enough to never be threatened by them, so putting it on her is completely redundant; by having it, she basicly takes the role of anti-melee from SUPs.

melee bots aren't supposed to be hitting airs anyway. Airs are meant to counter melee bots, as in, stop them from doing their job of mashing their way through teams. Eve/amlim can shut down a melee that is otherwise superarmoring it's way through a team to kill whatever it wants. It makes it so you can't just ignore the airs that are supposed to counter you by stacking enough HP/TGH to ignore their damage/stun. Look at like EX laz, hanna, etc...some of them don't even care about powerless unless it's amlim reapplying it every 2 seconds. These melees will just ignore airs if airs don't have a way to force them to stop. This kind of thing existing makes it so that when people blindly charge in without looking at the makeup of the enemy team and considering what they might get hit by, they are punished for it. By getting repeatedly powerlessed until they die. Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFOISIW1OVk

Additionally there are maps with small cielings and melees that have insane height climbing abilities(like brave BS axer, sylvia, sunny, etc) which could go up and smack airs anyway, which is shut down by powerless.

Basically powerless is there to counter the powercreep of superarmor/insane travel melees that don't care about old fashion airs that only do damage.

@Rexir2 wrote:
Yes, unnerffed Sway was broken, but they destroyed it for small bots by nerfing them harder than mediums and larges. Small bots are supposed to be harder to hit, no?

i have 36wlk custom sway on an S sized bot. It's FINE. The main difference between current sway and unnerfed sway was that before, mashing forward sway was actually faster than running forward. That's why forward sway was nerfed hard. Sway is no longer "mash this button forever to go through bullets" which is what unnerfed sway was. The didn't "destroy it", they just made it not utterly retarded. It still works. (get better)

Quote :
Another idea: A (SUP) bot with a unique self-charging stationary bit that spits out a random tree-farmable item every 5 seconds or so. It would be great to bring on those maps where items can't be farmed.
do you mean how school pepo has a subweapon that spawns item containers? Because I'm pretty sure that school pepo has a subweapon that spawns item containers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 pm

i will tell you the poin broken of this shitty games that break the law of meta.
1. art can fly like airs and unlimited re~boost. ( berzechan ).
3. art can run as fast like land unit and do shock dodge like sup unit. ( homuderp ).
4. charge delay debuff air type weapon that can fuck arts.
5. air unit now can over ranges art.
6. 100 HP instant heal bubble.
7. home~in / homming / auto tracking weapons. ( this game don't need aim anymore ).

remember the food chain picture at loading screen and the poin of weapon each type mechas.
1. art is the longest weapon ranges ( now is not because airs can do it too ).
2. airs is the longest boost gauges ( no more because artillery "berze chan fly longer with unlimited reboost ).
3. land the fastest unit in the land. ( no because homura ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm

air units always had long range weapons. Stop acting like this is new.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2162

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:04 pm

Sell their company or CB to a good developer that will manage the game and fire themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:09 pm

A reticle that works ; _ ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:11 pm

@Winty wrote:
Basically powerless is there to counter the powercreep of superarmor/insane travel melees that don't care about old fashion airs that only do damage.

That's what all the shock weapons that SUPs have do. And yes, I probably should practice my swaying more. Also, School Pepo can spawn containers? I should look into that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4947

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Just gib every eris and Resha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexir2
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:16 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
Just gib every eris and Resha

They already did something like that (1-slot Ah-chan)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:19 pm

@Rexir2 wrote:
That's what all the shock weapons that SUPs have do. And yes, I probably should practice my swaying more. Also, School Pepo can spawn containers? I should look into that...

There's a reason why players who use those kinds of melee score well. The supports can't keep up or can just get stunlocked during a gap in the shock. I've killed plenty of supports with shock bazookas as melee because I can dodge the shots and then hit them until they die. The ability to put out a way to stop melee -from a safe position/distance- is what is what is needed, and that's what powerless airs do.

the only supports that actually shut down melee are the bind/freeze supports, not the shock supports. And let's face it: bind/freeze stops EVERYTHING that it touches, not just melee.

anyway, here's my CB:

- remove artillery and supports and melee
- 3 damage types: shell, beam, blast
- airs get natural 50% beam guard
- lands get natural 50% blast guard
- lands can't use beam weapons, airs can't use blast weapons
- Use effective weapon against opposite type, use shell weapon against same type
that's it.
keep the carts and the tuning and shit
remove all statuses, fuck that shit

obv lands would have access to railguns and missiles and better bazookas and shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4536

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:21 pm

@+RedCobra+ wrote:
remember the food chain picture at loading screen and the poin of weapon each type mechas.
1. art is the longest weapon ranges ( now is not because airs can do it too ).
2. airs is the longest boost gauges ( no more because artillery "berze chan fly longer with unlimited reboost ).
3. land the fastest unit in the land. ( no because homura ).
All these are wrong and lies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:24 pm

> Remove all the statuses.

I would like to agree on this as well but that'd make clearance tunes useless. In any case, I'd prefer status attacks have weaker force, should only be used by supports and should have justified delay time. And clearance only activating when receiving attacks with debuffs.

Or, we can either have all status attacks have proc rates instead.

Last edited by Kuzuha on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:36 pm

clearance would still provide 20cost for all guard and 10hp if you removed all status. Obviously I'm changing the game to the point where certain things would need to be removed(all status-related carts like fast recovery, antislow, antiburn.) but that's pretty minor, I'm just presenting an idea of how a game would play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4947

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:37 pm

I say remove all the hyper armor shit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:41 pm

@Winty wrote:
clearance would still provide 20cost for all guard and 10hp if you removed all status. Obviously I'm changing the game to the point where certain things would need to be removed(all status-related carts like fast recovery, antislow, antiburn.) but that's pretty minor, I'm just presenting an idea of how a game would play.

In other words, a straight-forward (can't think of another word for it. sorry) gameplay? It's not a bad idea actually.

I also thought before that the un-nerfed sway was too good. OP lands tend to use it to their advantage. And had the idea that the Sway cart should only be available to low tier bots (since not all carts can be available, so why not sway too? )

Last edited by Kuzuha on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 pm

@Kuzuha wrote:
Sell their company or CB to a good developer that will manage the game and fire themselves.
i approve dis shet Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2894

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 pm

@+RedCobra+ wrote:
3. art can run as fast like land unit and do shock dodge like sup unit. ( homuderp ).
Homura doesn't have a ground speed bonus like LNDs. Stop pulling shit out of your ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:01 pm

On another note, I think it would be best if melee stun can be affected by TGH as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 pm

Why the fuck are ppl still spreading the rumor that homura can run as fast as land type?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think CS should do?   

Back to top Go down

What do you think CS should do?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com