Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let's talk about the beginner ruleset

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!

Male Posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:48 pm

@Winty wrote:
i don't see a reason to remove any melee in beginner ruleset. None of them are really game-breaking from what I've seen.

In addition, remember that E Hal was made for issuing more melee to fight par as Aila or Misty Void AM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

You want my two cents on this matter? You shall have it.

This whole beginner ruleset thing has completely missed its target demographic.

Face it, the whole fucking world knows that newbies, one and all, crutch off moeshit from thanks ticket events.

newbies do NOT HAVE THE PARTS TO BUILD BEGINNER VIABLE THINGS, NOR WOULD THEY TROUBLE TO
newbies do NOT EVEN KNOW THE RULES TO LIMITED ROOMS

beginner rules room is simply a place for veterans to masturbate in their self-righteousness that they are "playing fairly".

just, no.

The people who play limited rooms are all oldass players who have all the parts to bend the rules; there is no way honest-to-god beginners would consent to staying in a room where they don't have a cat's chance in hell.

You know what *would* make this a true "beginner's room"?
Anybody under rank 24 can use WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT (there *will* be a cost limitation, say 3000 imposed on the overall commando, minimum per robot 500)
Anybody OVER rank 24 or OVER 5 BR must comply with the limited robot ruleset.

Obviously, I am using rank 24/5 BR as an arbitrary dividing line for competency, but you get what I'm trying to say.

Last edited by Aethereal on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!

Male Posts : 1585

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:13 pm

Ae got a good point, because ever since the death of Beginner channel, there are only few other people who cares much on Beginner Ruleset, and this became only veteran's way of "playing fair".

@Aethereal wrote:
Face it, the whole fucking world knows that newbies, one and all, crutch off moeshit from thanks ticket events.

newbies do NOT HAVE THE PARTS TO BUILD BEGINNER VIABLE THINGS, NOR WOULD THEY TROUBLE TO
newbies do NOT EVEN KNOW THE RULES TO LIMITED ROOMS

The people who play limited rooms are all oldass players who have all the parts to bend the rules; there is no way honest-to-god beginners would consent to staying in a room where they don't have a cat's chance in hell.
You might as well call it "veterans-only, limited rules" room, and open it for rank 25+ only.

Then again, I think you are missing some of points that are possible for beginners to do easy stuffs right away with certain parts swap + vanilla tunes on these things that can easily be obtained within spending 20 RT or less. (i.e. Zero Saber + Evil Halberd, Crimrose with PBC or Compact Gatling[is it Beginner Ruleset?], or King Gigaton w/ boyTitan Zook)

Of course, if they ever have interest on these...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:18 pm

^
there is zero reason why a newbie would give up his comfy moeshit and rank restricted rooms to get fucked in the ass by a room where they obviously lack the resources and expertise to deal with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Female Posts : 3313

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:35 pm

beginner room should be full of LAZ, CRIM AND JIKUN FAIR AND SQUARE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:47 pm

beginner rules set is not existed, i do like to say it's C$ limit rule set instead of beginner.
1. alpha muchi + ex~mas laz rush does it need in beginner ?
2. also tonitrus homing laser core allowed and then again i found shino exline steal boost arm also alowed.
3. melfi rain arrow. ( ban this girl and force the newbies to use mediger and pulsadio ).

C$ should be introducing the most basic thing just like a beta game set instead of this current moe time and advances weapon.

beginner is beginner ( " learn to shoot, projectile type effect to each kind mech, learn to support, learn to tune their own mech, and use basic equipment ( " not advances"  ).

Last edited by +RedCobra+ on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:49 pm

and all this chattering about whats right and isnt right is what makes me abandon CF when its beginner ruled......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 pm

Are they still banning Fireflower statstick? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCream
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:13 pm

- Anko
- Exline
- Alcy
- Vanessa
- Buff Deva

B-but those are my CF regulars.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 am

I'd call the "beginner" title a matter of mislabeling, we all know that CS has 0 intention to make the newbies' lives easy and has every intention of making them wanting to roll gara.

It has nothing to do with the true purpose of a beginner room though, so stop harping on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:26 am

Didn't they change the name of the room from Beginner Ruleset to Limited Ruleset after the most recent banlist revision? If I remember correctly, the room was beginner friendly when it was first implemented. Shit went downhill after the first banlist revision, and then the most recent revision fucked everything up.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:30 am

There are no "beginner friendly" place in CB, the way it is designed automatically puts all beginners at a severe disadvantage. In the end of the day, it's up to the players to self-moderate and be supportive to the new players.

And the tier disaparity is even bigger in earlier iteration of beginner room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:01 am

I think that in the limited rooms most status effects should be removed, including tuned ones. Like slows, but compensate with removing shock as well so melees don't get completely fucked over.

I'd like it if CS would take a look at the limited list whenever a new gara is out to remove and add the new robots. 'Cause right now anything new is just banned, including their accessories. As well as getting a new list because of all the new robots that are banned which I feel like they shouldn't be.

Anything really high damage without tunes should be removed. Unless it's something that's hard to hit orso, Idk. Things that can heal your team insanely fast (100hp bubbles) should be removed.

I guess what I'd also like to see is having the weaknesses actually work. Art should be worried about melee, and not think ''Oh, I can just dash/slowturn/blowthemup before they reach me''. They should feel like melee are a problem for them, not because they're stupidly overpowered, but because they're their weakness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

Male Posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:39 am

I might as well drop my thoughts

my definition of a beginner rule set room is a place when you can use low tire parts and bots to fight opponents on the same level in order to make the game play more easy and fun and to add some sort of usability to some of the junk you may deem worthless in today's meta game

but nope what i stated above is far of from the bitter reality of this game mode many ppl have pointed fingers towards some broken parts that can shut any low tier unit with ease and they are already listed by winty above that sort of fuck up happens because of variety of reasons

1 CS way of nerf and game play balance can be illogical and unreasonable those guys do not bother to administrate the balance aspects of the game nor do they have a mathematical model that they can use to build up the balance chart along with cause and effect relationships

same apply to the parts that random way of beginner part selection put some ppl at a disadvantage while unfairly reward other players aka the old cashers ofc

it is is just like a mirror effect the normal arena and the beginner rule set rooms are one the same difficulty regardless of what you use an op moeshit or an old mech you will not be any comfy because CS use the same exact  fucked up balance logic

if you want to further understand how do they mess every thing up we must build our own balance and beginners part charts using past nerf and part logs so we can figure out if they are aiming to balance the game or just make it broken to further milk us i think winty can help

2 there is no rank system in this game CB have thousands of bots and parts and non of them fall under any rank that determine their quality and usefulness for example C A S SS that manner of sorting would have helped them make a better beginner rule set but nope let us mix random shit together  and tada it is the same epic failure

a protest in JP server have already started i am expecting more nerf and balance adjustments in the future because the staff in CBEN are just blind fools and will never listen to any balance recommendation we throw at them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about the beginner ruleset   

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about the beginner ruleset
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com