Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:20 pm

I don't see how she's any different to any other right-click-harder shits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mechaRev
Popuko Running
Popuko Running

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:43 pm

@reVelske wrote:
And I'm sure auto-tracking was there to give more appeal to melee back when they are not as potent as they are today, I bet it'd be rather easy to screw up combos and even miss initial hit with those weapons without auto-tracking.

yeah, this needs to go or be toned down a lot, melee-tracking ends up being a nuisance for the most part

@reVelske wrote:
Some of ye olde day mechanics are just unnecessary for nowaday melees, endless stunlock being the prime one IMHO. A brief melee stun immunity at the end of a combo should IMHO fix a lot of the problems, but then there's Slow so it's hard to say.

what is goldveil?
But if anything goldveil is about as useless as it gets, it should be revamped and melee should inflict (?) gold veil from beginning to end of a combo more or less

@reVelske wrote:
both chain guard and CV would need some reworkings too.
Chain guard for the most part, c.veil I don't see how it'd happen without basically it losing it's meaning

@reVelske wrote:
Full Boost/Homing/Long Range for Air and Anti-Melee Gimmicks/Shielding/Bullet-blocking for Arts
where I wanted to get, I wouldn't expect melee to be fixed without fixing these things beforehand, no point in playing something that won't track nor stun or even take a few bullets before assploding
either fix the other types or buff melee-lands (or lands for the most part) in some aspects

@reVelske wrote:
But enough about retarded melees, let's give some credit to "good" melees that are designed to be fun to play through broad range of interesting mechanics and gimmicks, require decent amount of skill and finesse to play with success and isn't outright gay and "anti-fun": Trize! Now why can't we have more of this stuff rather than endless hold-w-right-click-harder bullshit?

yeah uh, I've seen more than one trize just go right to the enemy camp and right-click rack up some score and die, the end.
the whole ''skill and finesse'' falls into players if you ask me, diabolical etc, etc.., his ''broad range of interesting mechanics and gimmicks'' aren't exactly interesting but a tonned down version of other dumb gimmicks
he's less dumb than other melees out there, I'll give you that though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5542

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

justicia has a str base main which ish fun fck melee bow down to powerless bitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Some of the scum people are complaining about are posting in this very topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:09 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:
Justicia is best melee.
Yuuka is dabes melee. I will fite you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:15 pm

>saying triz is a skilled melee
>not saying daedalian sword and squealer swords are skilled melee

this thread I can't
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5542

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

Soundstorm wrote:
>saying triz is a skilled melee

this thread I can't

wow u never can't

fite me son
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:31 pm

my pc sux i fite u nd i looz
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:45 pm

@mechaRev wrote:
what is goldveil?
But if anything goldveil is about as useless as it gets, it should be revamped and melee should inflict (?) gold veil from beginning to end of a combo more or less

That's anti-free-bounce-stun from shit like Synoris BS2/Pepo/Sanae (actually I don't even recall Sanae causing gold veil, I might just be too pissed off with her to notice) that most melee barely ever cause, if at all. Or at least that's how I understood it, seeing how juggle/bounce stun is the only time I really ever see it being triggered.

Thank fuck stupid fish can't infinite tackle you to death against a wall anymore.

@mechaRev wrote:
Chain guard for the most part, c.veil I don't see how it'd happen without basically it losing it's meaning

As mentioned, some HP drain would suffice, or minor increase in damage taken. I'm just not a fan of how CV's potency increasing at such a significant rate as the game ramps up the stun on everything (then again so does Clearance and to a lesser extent HS), and the fact that melees have even less things to worry about whilst they herp derps harder.

@mechaRev wrote:
yeah uh, I've seen more than one trize just go right to the enemy camp and right-click rack up some score and die, the end.

I've not seen any, most rambo trizes just die a quick and painful death, if not by my hand :V , hence, it feels like a bot that requires finesse to perform well, and as you said, his gimmicks are all toned down versions of other gay nonsense, but to a point where none of them are "abusable" and require some skill to utilize properly.

Soundstorm wrote:

Except NO ONE uses Squealer sword, mostly because it's so ridiculously slow and unwieldy. Cart Step Dae sword build is just the machintlet/gigan bulk of yesteryears which doesn't require all that much effort to play. Play it nowadays? Now that'd be something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:51 pm

@reVelske wrote:
I don't see how Laz gallop is any more brain dead than, say, any of the heavy damage one-click-wonders like gigan bulk/sledge/machintlet (who has somehow fallen out of favour with CBEN and barely get used?

the gallop isn't the only thing she does. She ALSO has access to a stunlock melee weapon of some sort of another, I had one ride directly at me and pin me to a wall in place for several seconds as opposed to the "run in circles leaving trails of flame everywhere" thing most mounted melee laz do, and I'm pretty sure both of the those abilities are mounted melee. If she had only one of those two things it'd be different, but she just has both for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:57 pm

I think it's Azure Flame Garment. It shoots pillar explosion at your nearby target (oddly, it's a melee tracking) and grant her sth like immolation shield that cause dps to anyone who touches it, and as long as it's being touched.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:00 pm

I still have my classic squealer BD ggrappler BC sword bot because I treasure it for how fair it is. On that note, BC sword still has it's long animation after it's swing making it a perfectly balanced unspammable melee, even with dumb cart step boosters. My problem with playing it is that my PC is garbage, thus when I try to time it, either the target warps away (due to my bad frames) or I get stunned before my attack registers (also due to bad frames). I'll probably reuse it once I get a new PC in november - december, most likely an alienware.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:07 pm

@Winty wrote:
@reVelske wrote:
I don't see how Laz gallop is any more brain dead than, say, any of the heavy damage one-click-wonders like gigan bulk/sledge/machintlet (who has somehow fallen out of favour with CBEN and barely get used?

the gallop isn't the only thing she does. She ALSO has access to a stunlock melee weapon of some sort of another, I had one ride directly at me and pin me to a wall in place for several seconds as opposed to the "run in circles leaving trails of flame everywhere" thing most mounted melee laz do, and I'm pretty sure both of the those abilities are mounted melee. If she had only one of those two things it'd be different, but she just has both for whatever reason.

Her melee tracking is horrid and her damage output is not really that good IMO. Apart from being near a wall you're not pinning anyone soon with a mounted melee laz which is why a lot of them just run around in circles spewing flames everywhere (and why I switched to ranged but its also off as fuck that I want to switch to meld). I honestly havent seen much of her let alone be even threatened by one
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:12 pm

I have the meld laz and it's just...bad. But I think they made it that way so that she was "balanced" but man, it's just bad to hit anything with. Also her running animation puts me to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Samui
DO YOU?!
DO YOU?!

Male Posts : 807

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:26 pm

@dsp wrote:
@UncleBobbie wrote:
Justicia is best melee.
Yuuka is dabes melee. I will fite you

Astralyzer is dabes melee. He's a HERO!
Relating to topic:
He has the infinite Boost Run + CV gimmick for a main WP, he has a curvegun, his Final Kick barely aims right even if your opponent is right in front of you (still pretty fun if you have 40 STR though), and his Astral Rush was buffed to stunlock unlike its first release where it had a long cool down after a combo. Not sure if hes on par with Eris etc. but personally, hes fun, nothing else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 pm

CC+ made it so that anything can beat the shit out of eris. That aside, I always wanted astralyzer, almost as much as abyss hu. I'm extremely interested in male melee units (mechas aside) that use their fists / legs to attack.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 pm

But what if Eris has CC+ too? Ivis, Sylvia and her still feels like the most threatening melees around from personal experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:45 pm

@reVelske wrote:
But what if Eris has CC+ too? Ivis, Sylvia and her still feels like the most threatening melees around from personal experience.

She'll still be inferior to certain robots such as trizelion (endless shock cycle, assuming he gets the first hit and isnt glinted), corona (stunlock hell, she actually stunlocks more than eris), abyss jikun hu, etc. Eris can stunlock you but her final melee hit pushes you away, other melees can just right click mash on her forever until she dies.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:41 pm

@reVelske wrote:

what would eris do with CC when she already has super armor on her combo? like come on. CC doesn't change super armor melees, they already have it. It just allows things without super armor to try to mashfight them and apply actual gapless stun during one of eris's gaps(which she has if she tries to go for max damage).

eris, ivis(mainly bikini at this point due to just being even more ridiculous) and sylvia are still extremely threatening. Other newer things often work around strange gimmicks while those are just really solid. Then there's Hanna's stupid stunning projectile melee but that's something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:51 pm

CRIMSON CRUSADER IS MY WAIFU.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Unless Mount Laz melee got a huge cooldown buff, she can't spam her regular melee at all. But E key still exists anyway, so you can just alternate between them (regular melee and dash).

Meld doesn't need to alternate attacks as much, since it has a shorter cooldown on the melee. Meld Laz will deal powerless with her regular melee if you stun her during her combo.

I just don't like how some can loop their combo, and how there's things that can just melee beyond the boost altitude limit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:17 pm

@reVelske wrote:

Because her main weapon inflicts support reject and powerless. She counter anything with CV or a melee weapon. She truly is the best.

Soundstorm wrote:
I have the meld laz and it's just...bad. But I think they made it that way so that she was "balanced" but man, it's just bad to hit anything with. Also her running animation puts me to sleep.

Meld laz is actually incredibly good, be it melee or ranged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:37 pm

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Meld Laz will deal powerless with her regular melee if you stun her during her combo.
Mounted has the same thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:39 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:
@reVelske wrote:

Because her main weapon inflicts support reject and powerless. She counter anything with CV or a melee weapon. She truly is the best.

Soundstorm wrote:

Meld laz is actually incredibly good, be it melee or ranged.

not really
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2377

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:29 pm

@UncleBobbie wrote:
@reVelske wrote:

You mean she's gay as shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break   

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Melee in Cosmic Break
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum hosting | Video games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com