Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Static Mio
Newcomer
Newcomer


Posts : 1
Join date : 2012-02-10

PostSubject: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:29 am

1. What has changed since then, what's the current meta?

2. Is the US installer supposed to be in Japanese?

3. Does what I use still currently fit in the current meta?

-Railgun spammer artillery

-Rifle/Sniper spammer Haligarm

-Melee spam power taiga bot

-Classic seraph air
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
avatar

Male Posts : 1585
Join date : 2013-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:58 am

1. more garas
2. no
3. no, no, no, and maybe if you are using seraph hopper with slice gun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
avatar

Male Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:04 am

Run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 32
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:07 am

Find another game to play, it's for your own good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
avatar

Male Posts : 11413
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 31
Location : Back on the No-Tomorrow-Lane

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 am

Railgun might still work (not as good as it used to e though).

Seraph can still work (with the right setup at lest), but there're now some ART units with Anti-Anti-homig ullets (I'm not kidding).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Posts : 789
Join date : 2013-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:05 am

high speed weps are meta
non-homing weps still meta
remote shits are fcking meta

and now titanzook is META

@reVelske wrote:
Find another game to play, it's for your own good.
this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Female Posts : 4520
Join date : 2010-09-22
Location : Amatsu (Philippines)

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:41 am

IxionsagaDT wrote:
high speed weps are meta
non-homing weps still meta
remote shits are fcking meta

and now titanzook is META

@reVelske wrote:
Find another game to play, it's for your own good.
this.

Destructor CNs loved the update haha.

Oh and Gatlings are all better now. '-'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
duckov
Anime Addict
avatar

Male Posts : 189
Join date : 2013-05-07
Age : 24
Location : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 am

Oh if u didnt follow the updates in may they gave out thx tickets wchich contained only gold balls and 80% of the moes were actually usefull now u cvan get only 1 through legion peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Duckov
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 296
Join date : 2011-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:33 am

1. everything. if your garage is honest-to-god 3+ years old, you most likely don't have anything that stand a cat's chance in hell when measured against the current arena standards.

2. yes.

3. no. go away and stay away. If I sound rude it's only because I mean well; you're already free of this shit, why come back to remind yourself why you quit in the game in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Posts : 937
Join date : 2011-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:36 am

It's asking yourself if you want get cancer again when you already recovered from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5276
Join date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:59 pm

@rei_hunter wrote:
IxionsagaDT wrote:
high speed weps are meta
non-homing weps still meta
remote shits are fcking meta

and now titanzook is META

@reVelske wrote:
Find another game to play, it's for your own good.
this.

Destructor CNs loved the update haha.

Oh and Gatlings are all better now. '-'

Why would Desu CN like this update? CN weapon wasn't buffed, there was no buffs to subweapons. Why are you equipping main weapons to a bot that already has a decent main, instead of using the original which has a decent sub and no main. Why would CN like an update that gives even less reasons to use him? Why would you need a spare main when the buffs threw out of the window any reason to keep a spare main.

Only like, 3 gatlings are better, the others despite getting buffs, either are still shit or sunk even deeper into the sandpit of obsoleteness.

Railgun is still obsolete shit. Not only it got obsolete over time, CS even released another weapon to make it even more obsolete. And CS never update the hit register, so any issues that it had before, are even worse now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous
Newcomer
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:24 pm

>1. What has changed since then, what's the current meta?

Overall DPS is higher. Arts can defend themselves. Lands possess a lot of power for their size. Airs are mostly homing missile spam. Supports can heal multiple hundreds worth of HP in a few seconds.

Weapons that were effective then will still be effective now. We didn't get any more resistant to damage over the years.

>-Railgun spammer artillery

Which railgun and on which unit. Standard railgun is aged but will still hurt anything you hit it with. Saggitary 1 will still slap down anything you hit it with.

>-Rifle/Sniper spammer Haligarm

I'm sure you're referring to something like assault or raid rifle here. If you want to snipe, Use payload rifle now. Put a grapid and para on it. Assault and raid are still decent but that's about it.

>-Melee spam power taiga bot

Do you mean byakkou or something? Explain further.

Classic seraph air will work fine granted the weapon you have on it is good. Most artillery these days is homing. Common sense will keep you from getting mauled.

OP, if you could post your garage alongside anything in it that's tuned it'd be helpful. Don't bother posting statscreens of anything untuned, if you have an untuned unit I'll just assume it's stats are whatever the parts give it.

>Why are you equipping main weapons to a bot that already has a decent main, instead of using the original which has a decent sub and no main. Why would CN like an update that gives even less reasons to use him?

CN has one of the longest ranged bazookas in the game. Don't be hating.

Titan zook has 320 range. A stock DesuCN has 360 range. That only gets even further to 390 range with internals. Even his speed is higher than most bazookas, hitting like 340 with both internals, 300 stock, which as far as I know only a very small handful of bazookas start with that much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5276
Join date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:13 pm

That doesn't answer why are you giving it more main weapons, which is what the update was all about, main weapons (and like, 2 swords that doesn't matter for arts?).
Thanks for missing the whole point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous
Newcomer
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:38 pm

No, see, that's where you're being pretentious and you're talking about things you think you know about but you don't actually know, but you'd like to think you do. See, your line of thought here is "It already has a gun! It doesn't need another!" but you're actually completely wrong on that. I'm sure you'd like to think your one gun can do everything, but unfortunately that's dead wrong. See, like most arts that have a main weapon in the core, that weapon; it's typically for long range. I put a bunch of BBCode there to help illustrate that. Most built in weapons that arts have are for long range. Alba's missiles, Saggi's railgun, Desu's cannon, Sturbanger's missiles, Artilus's rails, you get the idea. And the list for this only gets longer if you start talking about things like the weapons these arts carry, which, again, are typically for long range. Scram launcher? Dugdriver arms? Linear Cannon? Oh, get that, they're all really good at long range. Now, get this, the downside to almost all of these weapons? They're either totally useless at close range or very hard to use, especially under fire (Getting stunned makes it hard to charge that railgun!). Get that! These long range weapons are bad at close range! Well damn, that's not cool! How do I fix that?

By getting a gun that works in close range. That's how. You're an art. You aren't going to be carrying a broadsword. You'll put on something like a bazooka, a blast zook if you're strictly anti air, maybe a cluster gun, or a (gatling) breaker. Something that can tear people apart in close range. Something that gets rid of your weakness at close range so that your unit as a whole can be better. It is not uncommon in the slightest to see units in this game carry multiple weapons that help cover up their weaknesses. People do this with mobility boosters on supports, bazookas on extreme range arts, extra defense on lands (hi kshield), anti air weapons on airs. It isn't uncommon.

But really, thank you, and I sincerely mean thank you, for trying to start something over a subject that is so utterly common sense, it should be common sense at this point. It means a lot to me.

Also CN is a direct fire weapon and standard can get screwed over by anti homing so there's that. Reliability > ease of use get pooped on kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5276
Join date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:53 pm

@Anonymous wrote:
No, see, that's where you're being pretentious and you're talking about things you think you know about but you don't actually know, but you'd like to think you do. See, your line of thought here is "It already has a gun! It doesn't need another!" but you're actually completely wrong on that. I'm sure you'd like to think your one gun can do everything, but unfortunately that's dead wrong. See, like most arts that have a main weapon in the core, that weapon; it's typically for long range. I put a bunch of BBCode there to help illustrate that. Most built in weapons that arts have are for long range. Alba's missiles, Saggi's railgun, Desu's cannon, Sturbanger's missiles, Artilus's rails, you get the idea. And the list for this only gets longer if you start talking about things like the weapons these arts carry, which, again, are typically for long range. Scram launcher? Dugdriver arms? Linear Cannon? Oh, get that, they're all really good at long range. Now, get this, the downside to almost all of these weapons? They're either totally useless at close range or very hard to use, especially under fire (Getting stunned makes it hard to charge that railgun!). Get that! These long range weapons are bad at close range! Well damn, that's not cool! How do I fix that?

By getting a gun that works in close range. That's how. You're an art. You aren't going to be carrying a broadsword. You'll put on something like a bazooka, a blast zook if you're strictly anti air, maybe a cluster gun, or a (gatling) breaker. Something that can tear people apart in close range. Something that gets rid of your weakness at close range so that your unit as a whole can be better. It is not uncommon in the slightest to see units in this game carry multiple weapons that help cover up their weaknesses. People do this with mobility boosters on supports, bazookas on extreme range arts, extra defense on lands (hi kshield), anti air weapons on airs. It isn't uncommon.

But really, thank you, and I sincerely mean thank you, for completely and utterly missing my point. It means a lot to me.

Also CN is a direct fire weapon and standard can get screwed over by anti homing so there's that. Reliability > ease of use get pooped on kid.


Your point was, range, range this, range that. Speed this, speed that.

But yeah, good luck sticking a high cost weapon, tuned, on a CN making full use of his zooka. Because if you aren't, you will be as well served with anything else.

And do you know why sub weapons are good on him? Because the ones that fit on him, are mostly long range subs, and his weapon is main weapon, good at closer ranges. And do you know what subs doesn't need to be used on their max performance? Tunes. And those sub weapons also tend to cost less than most long range main weapons. And less cost means more capa, more capa means able to get EIW, more stats, more blablablabla.

But well, if you can make a good CN build that uses another main weapon without skimping on anything, great for you, because honestly, I don't think anyone ever did one. I really never saw a single CN with a second main that wasn't shit. But if people can make it, well, that's great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous
Newcomer
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 pm

I'd like to apologize for being a dick.

>But yeah, good luck sticking a high cost weapon, tuned, on a CN making full use of his zooka.
Standard bazooka is 70~ cost and for close range fighting works fine without tunes. There are other surprising choices you can use. For instance, I had begrudgingly attached a handy mag mod to my Contradict and found myself amazed that I was hitting 16s with it.

>And do you know why sub weapons are good on him?
Sub weapons can be good on DesuCN. It's just there's not much reason to taking a subweapon unless it's something great like Hygerkun BS, which happens to amazingly compliment most direct fire arts. In my opinion, the only real reason to take a subweapon on an art (an actual weapon not like backstep or something) is if it's something that allows you to put out extra firepower without stopping to fire it. So weapons like Grand Dugdriver LG, Burst Missile lgj, etc are all very good subweapons for arts. They aren't your main weapon, but they compliment what you're putting out in a very good way.

Subweapons typically do cost less than main weapons, you're right, but they're usually not as reliable. That's because almost all subweapons are homing weapons. You don't control where they go, meaning they require experience and knowledge to make them a great addition to your arsenal.

>But well, if you can make a good CN build that uses another main weapon without skimping on anything, great for you, because honestly, I don't think anyone ever did one. I really never saw a single CN with a second main that wasn't shit. But if people can make it, well, that's great.
Extremely basic build, but it's there.
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 32
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:53 pm

I honestly see no reason in taking CN over regular unless you want to use core bazooka for farming purposes. Regular has better stats overall, better capacity and stun regain. CN Core bazooka is great, but the range is excessive as you won't be able to hit shit at 390 with only 340 speed, and you will have to manually manage the correct range to bother using the weapon rather than relying on lock on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5276
Join date : 2011-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:29 pm

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd like to apologize for being a dick.

>But yeah, good luck sticking a high cost weapon, tuned, on a CN making full use of his zooka.
Standard bazooka is 70~ cost and for close range fighting works fine without tunes. There are other surprising choices you can use. For instance, I had begrudgingly attached a handy mag mod to my Contradict and found myself amazed that I was hitting 16s with it.

>And do you know why sub weapons are good on him?
Sub weapons can be good on DesuCN. It's just there's not much reason to taking a subweapon unless it's something great like Hygerkun BS, which happens to amazingly compliment most direct fire arts. In my opinion, the only real reason to take a subweapon on an art (an actual weapon not like backstep or something) is if it's something that allows you to put out extra firepower without stopping to fire it. So weapons like Grand Dugdriver LG, Burst Missile lgj, etc are all very good subweapons for arts. They aren't your main weapon, but they compliment what you're putting out in a very good way.

Subweapons typically do cost less than main weapons, you're right, but they're usually not as reliable. That's because almost all subweapons are homing weapons. You don't control where they go, meaning they require experience and knowledge to make them a great addition to your arsenal.

>But well, if you can make a good CN build that uses another main weapon without skimping on anything, great for you, because honestly, I don't think anyone ever did one. I really never saw a single CN with a second main that wasn't shit. But if people can make it, well, that's great.
Extremely basic build, but it's there.
Spoiler:
 

And I think we are again missing the point here.

See, what Rei said was about CN being happy about this update. Now, handy zooka isn't part of that update.
And yeah, you can fit low cost weapons on him still, but the usefulness of that zooka is... doubtful.
His zooka isn't that great at long range, but being a zooka, it's nice at closer ranges, the range of the zooka is just... silly, it takes what? Over a second to reach that range? It's not great at hitting things that move at long range, despite having the range.

Though I do think we are suffering of a communication issue. I thought that it was self implied on my post, that what I meant by main was not farming weapons, it was weapons that you can actually main, because that's what the update was about. The buffed weapons are all high cost weapons, not something that you put on your bot to just farm or just keep on the side "in case of". Which is what that handy zooka looks to me. Mostly because, you already have a zooka, pre tuned even, just don't let the range fool you.

You could do something like, scram CN, or Ballistic CN, because you have that zooka to deal with anti homing and close range targets, but one problem is that you won't have the capa to make full use of both weapons, and you will be throwing the zooka as just a support weapon.
But when it comes to subweapons, there's a few things that make them complement the zooka, and the zooka complement the subweapon.

Starting by how you don't need to switch weapons. This can be a good deal when there's things like global cooldown. Sure the sub might have the lock delay, but they still pre lock on the enemy.
With certain subs, you can just spam the sub from far, and then when they get close you just put a zooka shell on their face. And since you don't have to switch, you can keep firing both (though you might need a little pause for the lock on some subs), and you will be constantly firing both at some scenarios. And both will help each other hit more often, complementing each other. Sub stunned an air? It dropped? The zooka has higher chances to hit that air since it will be on the floor for a little while.
Zooka dropped an air? Fire the sub and start firing the zooka again, and watch both weapons hitting almost at the same time.
Subweapons just have a really good synergy with his core weapon. While having another main instead might generate some "conflicts".

But if people prefer another main instead (farming weapons not included), just, go ahead, it's your bot. I just don't find it the best option.


There's other bots that use the main/sub scheme and they work great because it's a sub. Like Anko. If Anko's weapon was a main, it wouldn't be as useful.
But since it's a sub, on pump zooka builds for example, you can just go hop, fire the zooka, and that moment when you lift the finger to refresh the clip, you fire the sub (which will disrupt the enemy, making them easier to hit) and continue using the zooka. No need to switch weapons, no need to deal with cooldowns from the other main (if they exist), without big stops, just keep hopping and alternating between them as the sub has a considerable cooldown and can't be spammed.
Well, in text, it might not sound THAT good, but in game? It's really good, they work really well together.

CN is kinda like that, just that different weapons make it so it's not a copy.

Try a subweapon build, and you might notice that it's pretty cheap, in many ways. And of course, not a crappy sub (grandum BS is pretty nice on CN, and the downsides to it affect any bot that uses that BS).
Just don't use the core weapon as a long range weapon, because it doesn't really have a decent hit rate at long ranges against moving targets, only against the static ones.
I honestly don't know what was on their head when they put so much range on it.


And making a note and going a bit back. Sure, cheap zookas on arts? I don't see why not. But I'd say that things like Maxis get more benefit from that. I had middle zooka Maxis builds calc'ed before, just because I had the capa to get ton of stats, and still get a middle zooka to shit on anything that got close. Too bad that build was never actually made. My Maxis is still in the development limbo. And this latest patch really made it more unlikely to ever come true.


BTW, subweapon builds doesn't need all capa carts to get high stats.

I'd say that the reason to use CN is to get a subweapon, not a main. Like I said, if you want to use a main, use the original since it even has the sub, and has better stats for that kind of build. CN can have good stats, but not with expensive main weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8419
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:35 pm

i'm not sure why you'd want a second bazooka, seems like a slice gun would make a better mate to the core weapon. Or a negatron rifle i guess.
2zooks just seems silly to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anonymous
Newcomer
Newcomer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:49 pm

My mentality to using another weapon on CN is that the internal is both very high on the unit and in an awkward position (the center). I haven't used it enough to know the specifics to how it leads, but I can't imagine the weapon being stuck to the torso helps it in close range any. Also it has a rather slow fire rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Female Posts : 4520
Join date : 2010-09-22
Location : Amatsu (Philippines)

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:01 am

The purpose of CN is pretty much, alphaing with 2 Titan Bazookas (Yes, i've seen JP put two titan bazookas on Desu CN, and Jet Accel or that other BS that lets you lift off to max height)

(especially those titan bazookas that was already tuned with GRapids and a GForce... heh)

Spoiler:
 

^ welp.. something like this, but 2x GRapids and 1x GForce (And no, i did not tune this... i bought it off someone after the great Eris/Resha Meltdown for 12k)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
avatar

Male Posts : 2790
Join date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 am

Nice speed, muadib.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 32
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 am

Shoot Magic Into the Darkness: The Bot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two   

Back to top Go down
 
Hey guys coming back after about 3 years, got a question or two
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com