Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

07.17.2014 Size matters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Diabolical
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2975

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:14 am

I find Lisel's gravity cannon to be a wonky weapon. There's been times where I took no damage at all even thought I'm in the centre of the blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:08 am

@Diabolical wrote:
I find Lisel's gravity cannon to be a wonky weapon. There's been times where I took no damage at all even thought I'm in the centre of the blast.

You just got lag shieded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:11 am

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
@fggt wrote:
Pretty sure you can't find 10 ppl standing in a line.

Pretty sure you can't find 10 airs in the same place. And even if you did, you aren't at 330 range, point being, too much ammo.

It's stupid judge thing by some number, the performance is what important. Yes it has 30 ammo, yes it has 250 range, so what? The fact that it still deals 2500~3000 damage total and 5~6 frags with ease means it's a broken shit.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:39 am

While i also thank the awesome update made on L weapons (not to mention the paladin sword!), what i'm really thankful for is the ETERNAL tune.

Now it's a sure win to place an Eternal tune on a Head slot (or a baculus AM2 for us suporters, to prevent weapon destruction). Not only do you get a 1:1 small HP bonus, you'll never have a broken radar/weapon. EVER!
And yes, i am still alive...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11216

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:42 am

I wanna tune Eternal on Melfi-chan and Elisa-chan HD, also on LRE l0l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1859

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:35 am

Melfi is known to have her HD broken regularly in UW. (personal experience)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:57 am

Hello from the CosmicBreak Service Team. (`・ω・´)

[07/18] Temporary Maintenance will be held from 0:00 (12:00 AM) Server Time today to fix a bug. We apologize for the inconvenience! Maintenance is scheduled to end in about 30 mins, at 0:30 Server Time.

(On main page did any 1 else notice that the face in line 1 of this comment is a link to a pic that says coming soon in the URL)

http://cosmicbreak.cyberstep.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/comingsoon.png

Thats the URL the link leads to if you havent seen it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:50 pm

@fggt wrote:
@fggt wrote:
Pretty sure you can't find 10 ppl standing in a line.

Pretty sure you can't find 10 airs in the same place. And even if you did, you aren't at 330 range, point being, too much ammo.

It's stupid judge thing by some number, the performance is what important. Yes it has 30 ammo, yes it has 250 range, so what? The fact that it still deals 2500~3000 damage total and 5~6 frags with ease means it's a broken shit.
Spoiler:

I never said it wasn't broken, but giving a weapon more than 2 times the original ammo when it already hits like a truck while lessening one of the things that hard balanced it, isn't that balanced either. And it's also stupid to ignore stats, considering that it's one of the main impacts on performance.

And most of the easy 3k damage with Lisel are from stupid people. Her performance wouldn't be as high if air users weren't retarded enough to spoonfeed her damage.

Most of the ammo buffs on weapons were required, yes, but they overdid it to the point that ammo is an ignorable stat while tuning.
But then, at least it frees us from chains that we put on ourselves. There's less reasons to think "wow, this bot is retarded, I shouldn't use it as often."
Because honestly, everyone complains but deep down, they also don't give a shit. Steel Burn AM3 is broken as hell, mostly because of how stupidly low cost, and then, zero shits given.

Just keep buffing everything that doesn't need retarded buffs to skyrocket ammo and force values, keep trying to "equal" everything by only increasing values. The faster you do that, the faster the game mechanics will break apart, because the game wasn't made to have such values, which we can see by how little tgh does right now. HP itself is already suffering from it, unless people use ex tunes all over the place, and some bots, which probably will never get buff, can't really support as many life tunes as recent bots can. And without life or ex tunes, right now it's pretty easy to die, and you can die as fast as 3 salvo to 3 bullets.

CS simply chooses the solution that pleases the most people. If they nerf bots, some will be angry, some will be happy. If they give retarded buffs, 99% will be happy in their delusion of balance.

And screens of score isn't performance.
But sure, she has the AoE helping her to hit shit, and Linear has the issue of THERE'S NO AIMING IN THIS GAME. But then, Linear now is incredibly forgiving, and when it comes to stock versions, it has more force than Lisel, limited only by how rare the 3s version is. The minimum ammo value of Linear now is 182, and that's -30% ammo reduction, and is 98 more ammo than before with the same tunes. It's 182 chances of hitting with a 53 force weapon.
It's 182 ammo to hit what? 8 times to outdamage your cost? If it's not tuned, it's 260 ammo to hit around... 12 times? To outdamage your score.
But nevermind, forget everything, it's balanced. Lets all enjoy it! : D
Not.

@StickyKeys wrote:
@Diabolical wrote:

You just got lag shieded.

That's not lagshield. It's simply the animations not being sent to the right place. It happens pretty often when there's corners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Female Posts : 4518

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:06 pm

> Eternal Tunes actually Cost Effective.
Lol. (15 Cost for 15 HP and Cannot be broken. Chibi Heads!)
> Titan Bazooka
lol 42 Force. and 8 fucking TGH. So that pretty much puts DesuCNs up to 30 TGH. o_o;
> Large Bazooka
Holy hell, time to put one of these babies with a Trintia.
> LL Bulk gat
rofl.
> Huge Gatling
Ahhhhh, man my Red Squealer is instantly usable now. rofl.

> Linear Cannon
oh shit these snipers.

> Plasma Gun
Seems a bit eh.

> Plasma Beam Cannon
wew. just... wew.

> Omega Blaster
It still useless CS. Unless you amp the force.

> Ballistic Lawnchairs
what is this, i dont even.... orz my desu on JP is now usable. along with my Contradict in EN. man... wtf.

> Negatron Rifle
FUCK FUCK FUCK. COURY, GIVE ME BACK MY GODDAMNED NEGATRON RIFLES

> 2 Way Missile
Its still costly as fuck. Mad

> Delta Vulcan
Its still useless at medium gunning range.

> Septuptle Launcher
haha more PS Camping.

> Blade Gun
yay.

> Beam Saber
o_o;

also..

wut? EN getting Ghost-chan? .... interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:14 pm

@rei_hunter wrote:
>
o_o;

also..

wut? EN getting Ghost-chan? .... interesting.

Judging by that little link i believe we have a 70% / 100% chance to receive her now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5333

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:58 pm

my mind was fck by the long paragraph's sorrow wrote.....and sorrow ppl spoonfeed her not bc they want to but bc lisel withdraw them with massive gravity fck without no escape.......u normally have to fck it and retreat which ish normally not easy to notice a lisel a mile away D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:32 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:
my mind was fck by the long paragraph's sorrow wrote.....and sorrow ppl spoonfeed her not bc they want to but bc lisel withdraw them with massive gravity fck without no escape.......u normally have to fck it and retreat which ish normally not easy to notice a lisel a mile away D:

The gravity pull isn't that wide. Actually, it's about as wide as the blast visual (while other bots will gravity wells have them pulling people from much further away than Lisel can). The part that deals the damage isn't the big ball that you see, but the smaller one inside, which CS removed the effects of.
I actually rarely see anyone being dragged into the damaging area by the gravity. Most of the time it's either direct hits or people fly into it.

Lisel can't hit miles away, unless you tune range, which in turn doesn't deal as much damage. Even if they are hidden, to be in range of Lisel, is the same as saying that you have been in the range of most arts on the enemy team for a while. And unless your team doesn't exist or you rushed to the enemy side, you usually can draw the line where arts will be able to hit you, which also means where the enemy Lisel might be. The moment you cross that line, you will be in risk of getting hit by a truck, be it a Lisel or not.

And when I say people spoon feed, they actually try to attack her, with airs. And even when they don't directly attack her, they get hit because they are attacking arts, and even when they get hit by her, they won't give up on attacking people right next to her.
People spoonfeed her with airs because they want to. One could blame that certain airs are broken, and that many people using arts are just retarded, but ultimately, the decision to attack arts with an air is the players choice.

Every time I use her, most of my damage is from airs that decide that their bot or lag is enough to not be hit by the blast. They only forget that arts are supposed to counter airs.
And this is been like this from a long time ago. Back when I used Desu with LL Blast, there was matches that I wouldn't need to move to get targets. I'd just sit in a high place that airs could see me, and soon I had airs rushing my bot, only to get hit in the face, drop to the floor and go back to their side of the map. Guess what they did after that? Attack other bots? Nope, they would come again, from the same exact direction only to repeat the cycle until they either gave up or died.
When it's low ranks, sure, they don't know as much, blablablabla. But when they are hexagons? They have no excuse to do the same shit over and over again.
Just pick another target, or if it's an important unit, try to get backup, because rushing alone won't get you much.

If there's anything right that Alpherior complained about, it was about people spoonfeeding us damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:35 pm

@Sakura1 wrote:

The gravity pull isn't that wide. Actually, it's about as wide as the blast visual (while other bots will gravity wells have them pulling people from much further away than Lisel can). The part that deals the damage isn't the big ball that you see, but the smaller one inside, which CS removed the effects of.
I actually rarely see anyone being dragged into the damaging area by the gravity. Most of the time it's either direct hits or people fly into it.

Lisel can't hit miles away, unless you tune range, which in turn doesn't deal as much damage. Even if they are hidden, to be in range of Lisel, is the same as saying that you have been in the range of most arts on the enemy team for a while. And unless your team doesn't exist or you rushed to the enemy side, you usually can draw the line where arts will be able to hit you, which also means where the enemy Lisel might be. The moment you cross that line, you will be in risk of getting hit by a truck, be it a Lisel or not.

And when I say people spoon feed, they actually try to attack her, with airs. And even when they don't directly attack her, they get hit because they are attacking arts, and even when they get hit by her, they won't give up on attacking people right next to her.
People spoonfeed her with airs because they want to. One could blame that certain airs are broken, and that many people using arts are just retarded, but ultimately, the decision to attack arts with an air is the players choice.

Every time I use her, most of my damage is from airs that decide that their bot or lag is enough to not be hit by the blast. They only forget that arts are supposed to counter airs.
And this is been like this from a long time ago. Back when I used Desu with LL Blast, there was matches that I wouldn't need to move to get targets. I'd just sit in a high place that airs could see me, and soon I had airs rushing my bot, only to get hit in the face, drop to the floor and go back to their side of the map. Guess what they did after that? Attack other bots? Nope, they would come again, from the same exact direction only to repeat the cycle until they either gave up or died.
When it's low ranks, sure, they don't know as much, blablablabla. But when they are hexagons? They have no excuse to do the same shit over and over again.
Just pick another target, or if it's an important unit, try to get backup, because rushing alone won't get you much.

If there's anything right that Alpherior complained about, it was about people spoonfeeding us damage.

.......................................... My minds being raped in so many ways due to your paragraphs, i think i am just gonna go cut some yards and get paid so i can charge for the gara next update

(Thx Ya killed my brain)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 pm

People too dumb for theorycrafting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:39 pm

@Relict? wrote:

Hey! I'm not dumb i'm just extremely lazy

Even lazier than my fat dog laying on the couch all day that only moves to get food or to poop/pee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:41 pm

@RaverX wrote:
@Relict? wrote:

Hey! I'm not dumb i'm just extremely lazy

Even lazier than my fat dog laying on the couch all day that only moves to get food or to poop/pee
Not that lazy, considering that you just made a post to complain about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:45 pm

God is a Cat Girl (I need a shorter way to address you -__-) made a good point. Even I acknowledge that me myself often get back to the same Lisel just to pew pew at her. It is a rule of thumb of
Art > Air, but sometimes I do that to bait them for LND to close in. It is also true that you rarely spot Lisel (even with BR you still need to distinguish them too), unless:

1. You saw Lisel user frag some1.
2. You mates got hit by the big shot.
3. You got hit by the big shot.

Also kudos for pointing out the real AoE of the blast dmg. Yes it's true smaller sphere (whitish a bit one) that deal the dmg. Just imagine a blast that lingers awhile like Jace's Ice Shot, but with FC's Nova gravity-sucking ability, but none of that dmg per sec, just instant dmg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:41 pm

>People theorycrafting this hard
Makes trill look like a fucking casual at theorycrafting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:22 pm

> see a ! on Weekly
> "Ooh, nice gold balls, I guess I haven't rolled in a while"
> Roll 5x, get superbunny
> Receive 5 Machintlet

Ah, right, that's why I quit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:27 pm

@colfenor1337 wrote:
God is a Cat Girl (I need a shorter way to address you -__-) made a good point. Even I acknowledge that me myself often get back to the same Lisel just to pew pew at her. It is a rule of thumb of
Art > Air, but sometimes I do that to bait them for LND to close in. It is also true that you rarely spot Lisel (even with BR you still need to distinguish them too), unless:

1. You saw Lisel user frag some1.
2. You mates got hit by the big shot.
3. You got hit by the big shot.

Also kudos for pointing out the real AoE of the blast dmg. Yes it's true smaller sphere (whitish a bit one) that deal the dmg. Just imagine a blast that lingers awhile like Jace's Ice Shot, but with FC's Nova gravity-sucking ability, but none of that dmg per sec, just instant dmg.

Well, she's just as hard to spot as any non stealth bot. Though it ends up depending a lot on the map. On some maps you can spot people through walls.

At least she doesn't act like Gigan, that can double hit with the same attack, making it deal well over 200 damage.

@Feign wrote:
> see a ! on Weekly
> Receive 5 Machintlet

Machinelet'rolled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 pm

@Feign wrote:
> see a ! on Weekly
> Receive 5 Machintlet

Machinelet'rolled.
In case anyone doubts me...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:46 am

holy crap. this should go to random thread haha xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:30 am

@fggt wrote:

Spoiler:

I never said it wasn't broken, but giving a weapon more than 2 times the original ammo when it already hits like a truck while lessening one of the things that hard balanced it, isn't that balanced either. And it's also stupid to ignore stats, considering that it's one of the main impacts on performance.

And most of the easy 3k damage with Lisel are from stupid people. Her performance wouldn't be as high if air users weren't retarded enough to spoonfeed her damage.

You speak as if everyone is simply stupid in this game. What do you even mean by spoonfeed? You say that air shouldn't go 1vs1 against her and got hit? Nor targeting other guys around her and got hit too? So that air should just stay in the back and waiting for food to come to its mouth? You are an art, you has broad radar, you has 34~38 fly, you has 320 lock on range to set gravity trap and you can't do anything except sitting in a place waiting for some stupid air to come and shoot at it?

So what will you do as a pro air? Staying far behind shooting alone guy and jetting away when lisel come in sight?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11216

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:44 am

wow, poor feign. I can really relate to that D=
(from all the gras that I rolled and that featured gaychinlet I got at least one of them ;-; )

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Female Posts : 4518

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:05 am

wow.

5 machinelets.

Well at least you can build 3 rampard machinelets... and scream "TORNADO PUNCH" at w/e.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 07.17.2014 Size matters   

Back to top Go down

07.17.2014 Size matters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Events and Updates :: Cosmic Break English-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum