Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What if you were a GM?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Mon May 26, 2014 7:33 pm

@Thranduil wrote:

I'll write Piroko's biography, just wait.

There are still people who remember him as a player, you know.

I was personally around for his ascension when he eagerly discussed what he could/would do as a new GM on our old IRC channel.

Of course his past history as a player had to cease with his new administrative responsibilities, but then his link to why he cared about the game in the first place was gone, so the (probably) indifferent Ramune we know now is nothing of the former person we knew him as.

He's just another guy working for C$ now. He can't afford to care, not when it's his paycheck on the line.

Remember, we like(d) and love(d) the game, not the fucking asshats that populate it.

Piroko become a GM because he about the game, and now he's basically a lackey whose sole job is to keep the status quo that means nothing in the bigger scheme of things, so far as CB is concerned.

Ain't reality a bitch?

p.s. I wrote stupid wishes in an earlier post too. If you really wanted to effect changes in a game though, you would have to be a significant stock-holder of their company's shares.

p.p.s Didn't Cakeskull join C$ as well? I have next to no info regarding him though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thranduil
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Mon May 26, 2014 8:21 pm

@Aethereal wrote:
p.p.s Didn't Cakeskull join C$ as well?

Well, if he can do this as his first post I had say so.

http://cosmicbreak.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1108&p=13617&sid=dc9191d253b2617796eabc139296b975#p13617

Back to top Go down
View user profile
spiketrigger

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Mon May 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Why of course they'd get indifferent and just be lackeys hating their job. It's what Japanese companies do. After all, it's like like the case with GREE: pushing out shitting paywall mobile cardgames for everything when they shouldn't, and pushing said card games in North America only for it to fail time and time again, but pushing them again in the same way expecting a different result.

Do you know the meaning of insanity?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5541

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Mon May 26, 2014 10:40 pm

@spiketrigger wrote:
Why of course they'd get indifferent and just be lackeys hating their job. It's what Japanese companies do. After all, it's like like the case with GREE: pushing out shitting paywall mobile cardgames for everything when they shouldn't, and pushing said card games in North America only for it to fail time and time again, but pushing them again in the same way expecting a different result.

Do you know the meaning of insanity?

I believe....ur a lie godai @topic i believe what u said shouldnt be allow just bc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sora
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 419

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I would improve the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 12:11 am

Chocolat wrote:
I would improve the game.

That's the dev's job.

GM's tend to more in-game related work like events and stuff and bugging the devs to fix bugs. If the devs ARE the GM's, which isn't usually the case, however, then yes, they do debug the game and apply patches as well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 12:17 am

You have no say on balance, design and development of the game as a GM, plain and simple, stop treating it like you'd be right there at the heart of CB development able to influence it in any way whatsoever.

Last edited by reVelske on Tue May 27, 2014 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Female Posts : 4520

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 12:53 am

But you do however voice the players opinion to the Devs no?

It takes a bit of time though, but they can make those happen.

Also, cakeskull is Official cb forums mod because they didnt have enough GMs to handle it. lol. I'm pretty sure Miso and Tempura are replaced already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 1:16 am

In case it's not obvious, JP barely gives two shits about EN's opinion, why would they need to anyways? Besides, the "opinion" of the populous is "give us more broken autoplay sluts for us to waste gazillion of our parents' hardearned dollars on so we can feel like we are good at this game", and CS is gladly complying regardless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2790

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 2:35 am

I say that that wasn't funny because it's not funny looking at all. It doesn't look goofy, weird or retarded like most things that people actually use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 2:37 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
But you do however voice the players opinion to the Devs no?

Bugs, yes (only if they're critical to server stability). Opinions, no.

When was the last time you ever heard of a player enacting change of any sort through a GM?

The only precedent that comes to mind is 7/19, and that only happened because the majority of japanese players were dissatisfied enough to quit. I'm sure quite a few did, in fact.

If you think anyone in the C$ administration gives a flying fuck about CBEN, let me state the case plainly; the answer is "No."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 2:50 am

During better times, EN actually try adjust garas to suit individual's request (provided that they are reasonable), hell, even I got the exact weekly gara I requested. Buuuuut... those were more peaceful days. Now? Good bloody luck.

Also let's not forget the racing map's removal from arena, I'm not sure if JP requested the same thing but from my understanding, the petition was actually taken seriously.

Point is, there was a time when CS cared to some degree. Balancing were made (laser nerf, ivis removal, middle baz/slice gun disabled for support so we can't have facerolling Bugsy hopper), requests were met, opinions were listened to. But those days are long gone. Because you motherfuckers wanted to reward CS for bad business decision, you motherfuckers want nothing but locked part autoplay sluts, you motherfuckers want to turn this game into a brainless fuckfest.

Good job, folks. CS is what it is now because of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aethereal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 3:16 am

@reVelske wrote:

Considering it is feedback from CBJP that devs care about, if their market strategy devolved into marketing autowin sluts every gara, I'm not too sure exactly how much blame actually falls to EN, if any.

However, there's this whole "nature vs nurture" thing to consider as well.

JP servers being relatively lag free, the lag melees that plague EN would simply not be viable there, and more manual weapons would obviously be usable (i.e. linear cannon) on a regular basis.
People who can play with manual aim *can* flourish there; that's the most important thing.

CBEN became what it is now because of it's hamster-powered servers, which meant manual simply isn't practical and autoplay/laggy crowddivers reign supreme. Braindead "one-click-I-win" faggots become the norm.

Same game, but different level of service means the difference between a game we can admit fair and square that we lost when we do, or just fucking /rage because the other side is fielding more autowin fuckmuppetry.

You'd think with all the profits they get off us at least a portion of it would be dedicated to improving our servers, instead of becoming some shareholder's next car payment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 4:03 am

Feedback and opinions would be mostly from JP, but revenue from EN would surely also play a role in their decision making. If this was any other more mature community, they'd have very quickly put away their wallets or took it to a different game when they see any signs of degeneration and questionable business model, as any responsible consumer would. But sure, unfortunately Japs tend to have a much higher tolerance for bad business models and that is certainly of no help to us.

Manual weapons have always been very usable, laggers or not. I seldom find myself rendered helpless via opponent's lag, sure it's annoying, but if it's something that kills me, it's something that could've easily done the same without lag, autoplay would've fared just as badly against them, if not worse. Besides, if laggers were really as potent as we make them out to be, they wouldn't have been typically taken out in the first two rounds of clan tournies everytime. That aside, even for laggers themselves, manual weapons are still quite viable. I connect to US server at 350+ms, which is probably as bad as you can get without actually TRYING to lag, and I've perform fairly well throughout my time on CBEN with non-autoplays or lag-abusable weapons/carts.

Also, I don't completely agree with hamster-powered servers. There's certainly been some incidents of unstable servers, but not frequent enough for it to really deserve as much flak as it did IMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 4:40 am

people bitch endlessly about server issues(and even have videos about it) but I've never encountered the issues people claim to have with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 4:42 am

@Winty wrote:
people bitch endlessly about server issues(and even have videos about it) but I've never encountered the issues people claim to have with them.

lol.

I encounter Client Problems especially when changing commandoes or exiting garage. Both crash and hang (Green screen of death) respectively.

But that's only for 1 account....
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 4:48 am

Region based issues. I once saw shit tons of people just froze the fuck up in arena whilst me and many others were able to move just fine, so, likely something to do with the actual server's ISP and undersea routing. Shit like that happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
@Winty wrote:

lol.

I encounter Client Problems especially when changing commandoes or exiting garage. Both crash and hang (Green screen of death) respectively.

But that's only for 1 account....

client problems are not server problems. The game's code(not server code) has been ass ever since they made it in java.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 5:29 am

@Aethereal wrote:
@reVelske wrote:

Considering it is feedback from CBJP that devs care about, if their market strategy devolved into marketing autowin sluts every gara, I'm not too sure exactly how much blame actually falls to EN, if any.

However, there's this whole "nature vs nurture" thing to consider as well.

JP servers being relatively lag free, the lag melees that plague EN would simply not be viable there, and more manual weapons would obviously be usable (i.e. linear cannon) on a regular basis.
People who can play with manual aim *can* flourish there; that's the most important thing.

CBEN became what it is now because of it's hamster-powered servers, which meant manual simply isn't practical and autoplay/laggy crowddivers reign supreme. Braindead "one-click-I-win" faggots become the norm.

Same game, but different level of service means the difference between a game we can admit fair and square that we lost when we do, or just fucking /rage because the other side is fielding more autowin fuckmuppetry.

You'd think with all the profits they get off us at least a portion of it would be dedicated to improving our servers, instead of becoming some shareholder's next car payment.

Last time i checked JP's arena (aka last Thursday), they are even worse than EN in term of meta. Ppl dont mind using broken stuffs at all. There's a reason why HEART appears so often in weekly, because of how much she is loved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   Tue May 27, 2014 6:31 pm

@reVelske wrote:
Region based issues. I once saw shit tons of people just froze the fuck up in arena whilst me and many others were able to move just fine, so, likely something to do with the actual server's ISP and undersea routing. Shit like that happens.

oh that freeze bug that pretty much makes you disconnect from the current arena. man that thing is nasty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What if you were a GM?   

Back to top Go down

What if you were a GM?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com