Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Private Server Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Axanael
[SKELETOR]

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:40 am

If you made a private server (which will, based on most likelihood, never happen), beyond the obvious game balance issues, the simplest way would be to make most things basic things accessible via UC and RT, where anyone can grind it out for UC or receive RT through payments to the server owner, which would go towards server maintenance and other things. There would also probably be ranks, such as donator ranks or subscription ranks, as thanks to keeping the server running, they may get certain aesthetic things or a monthly chunk of RT or something. The actual hardware would not be too difficult, considering one can get a Minecraft server that supports thousands of users by paying certain providers a sum of money. The main issue to be addressed would of course be UC vs. RT ratios, which would have to be balanced out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1124

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:48 am

There's just too much crap in the game to even go about balancing this mess. the most feasible option would be making a (spiritual) sequel using an engine that isn't shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:01 am

In the end it would SURELY be the same sh*t again.
*NOTE: when i'll say "you" it means "you UNNAMED guy that opens said private sh*t"*

1)Server Upkeep is NOT for free, and "you" must give ppl a good reason to pay.
Ex:I only roll garas for AXIS as they're one of the few reason i still play/use premium(as in "the only bots that appease my thirst for GOOD looking/SRW style robots").
So would "i" donate to a private server? SURE 1 time to get all existing AXIS/some moes; and that's it.

2)Donators don't get the sh*t they want?(as in tangible -moe/bot- they want) Then why would they PAY!? And IF i have shelled $$$ i want the private server to give me what i paid for; IF it's back to garatroll ppl will simply call you C$-2 and be done with your sh*tty little private server.
Ex:Example of server that works with donations. https://www.molten-wow.com/ BEST private server of WoW -expecially if you like old expansions- AND it gets THOUSANDS of players; with "donators"(real $$$) getting EVERYTHING they want. Inb4 someone objects"it's A MMORPG", 'cause ALL servers are of the OPEN WORLD PvP kind...so many of said donors will simply:
A)Get max tier PvP gear
B)Get max*or almost max* tier weapon/s
C)Start mauling everything in sight
And the situation of the server/it's playerbase is what i said up here...removing everything to "make it fair" would have donators($$$) leave, sinking the server in a year or less.
|
->"Making it work in CB": Here's the $$$ == Here's the moe/bot(3s)--->Here's my UCz(LOTS of'em) Here's the moe/bot(2s)--->I want to drop it(10% chance that specific mission/enemy in Arcantus/BOSS WILL drop specific moe/bot) Here's the moe/bot(1s) and BE GLAD it's not 0s.It IS a world truth that ppl will "work better"(in CB play/pay more?) IF they have a clear objective and NO a SCAMgara is NOT a clear objective.

3)For ppl not shelling $$$ variety IS also needed; except for a select few that use the same sh*t for months...BTW why do they do that? "'Cause it's effective-60%-" ,or "'Cause this is what the garaTROLL gave me-40%-".
In a private server setting it would be: "Cause it's effective-60%-", or "WAIFUUUUuuuuuuuuu-40%-"...so yeah "Cause it's effective" usually is the main reason(And this without counting that many moes/locked parts bots usually fulfill both "Effectiveness"/"Waifu"lness).
Ex: After last years shop update i saw a 1000% increase in Fencers/V.Eagles/Albatreos+Dugdriver
'cause they're the strongest unit in shop now; unless you're some kind of "collectionist"/you need some parts you sure as hell won't be buying anything else *expecially for $$$*.

4)CB events (taking DeadEU as example) are poor at best.
Ex:Tried the "lumberjacking" event once-> got bored -> never cared again. 'Cause it's stupid, apart giving advantage to specific bot/moes(the ones with quick, wide swings) it was incredibly boring.

Let's face it, it would take the ability to add new modes/new missions/new stuff to do(NOT sh*tty events) and private servers sure as hell can't(UNLESS said private server owner isn't a TRUE coder able to code said stuff...THEN it would be perfect.  geek )

tldr: a private server would be lucky to last a year.(With 10/20 ppl playing after initial sense of "f*ck you C$)"

@VeryMelon wrote:
There's just too much crap in the game to even go about balancing this mess. the most feasible option would be making a (spiritual) sequel using an engine that isn't shit.

NOT happening CB is one of those one-of-a-kind game, instead of "Fantasy MMO/MMORPG with elvez/fantasy sh*t 999999" that's the only reason it STILL survives up to now(and IF the title screen numbers are correct***counting Jp/betas*** that's 7 f*cking years "2007/2014").
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

Male Posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:05 am

@VeryMelon wrote:

while i do agree that the engine is shit you must also know that developing a new one that provide the same game features and they are complex like tuning etc etc is extremely difficult not to mention graphics and it will turn a portion of the commu from gamers to developers!

that won`t happen because it is highly unlikely that there are ppl here who have the knowledge and resources necessary to accomplish something like that not to mention source code issues witch would they run into eventually and it is a fucking huge problem oh and don`t forget about copyright issues too

in short to fix the engine issue C$ would need to release a CB2 with every thing revamped in it . but what are the chances that CS would do this? knowing how they manage this game is highly unlikely so long the old shity engine do it`s job to milk money out of us for profit you don`t need to be a genus to know that they don`t invest back to improve there game oh wait the money go to improve the onigiri engine my bad

the private server idea may be used when the CBEN actually shut down and so our best bet to balance this game is to blend it with C21 and make it into one game and using the ideas i just presented in this thread it is a challenge to do but i am sure that there are ppl who can go around it some how considering that large portion of C21 infra structure is actually inside CB

and for ppl who are concerned about updates they can be copied directly from the jp server to the private server to be available for every one that is a kinda difficult but worth it in many ways and if CB servers were wiped out of existence by CS then we would have to make our own updates the programs they use to make this stuff is pretty known btw and ppl can learn how to use it easily so how about the possibility of designing your own bots and weps crafting blue prints anyone ?

that is much better than making a new engine that isn`t guaranteed to provide the same results
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:54 am

Again, impossible idea, even if i'd like it just for the MASSIVE PvE boost.
C21 "charm" is that it's 200% more difficult than CB (BOTH in engine and in gameplay) in C21 EVERY bot gets an Aura option(thanks to a catridge) and a SEPARATED "transform" button...that's why C21 bots ported in CB (usually)feel like downgrades; CB is like "C21 easy mode" and ppl like that(+the boobs of course Laughing).

Also copyright, since you'd have to wait for BOTH CB(all vers.) & C21(all vers.) to get closed tongue

P.S: Without counting that C$ STILL owns BOTH brands in all cases who would have enought $$$ and interest to get/BUY both?...True, private servers are doable...untill you receive a "C.&D."  tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Female Posts : 3313

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 am

Ps gib me sups
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:20 am

@Garmraid

C21is not the cornerstone idea to balance CB and i know that completely merging the 2 games may be impossible to achieve but i do know that there are some hidden C21 stuff inside CB and the idea is to activate the stuff the smart developers have scraped inside the game files and make use of it some how

i am also sure that making an open world in CB is not that extrema to accomplish if you put into consideration how tiny the game world of CB is

as for copyright it can be bypassed if someone hosted the server in a remote location far away from CS influence

the final thing i want on the private server beside the availability of all items is the trade system it would farther contribute to the game economy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Female Posts : 4520

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:21 am

honestly though?

Donators would get uber broken shit, it's going to be the same as CB-EN, although usually a lot cheaper than what they throw at CB-EN. Maybe if they paid 3,000 or so USD for 3s Eris + Multitude of Silver Ball Bots and Materials..... that could work right? lol. inb4 RT is implemented for Donator Points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/reihunter
Charz
Forum Lurker

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:30 am

if they removed the gara then this would be acceptable if i can directly buy or trade what i want then it won`t matter if the donators got the RT so long there are reasonable UC choices as well and as i stated before they donators won`t take massive advantages over the population only some benefits
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:46 am

@rei_hunter wrote:
honestly though?

Donators would get uber broken shit, it's going to be the same as CB-EN, although usually a lot cheaper than what they throw at CB-EN. Maybe if they paid 3,000 or so USD for 3s Eris + Multitude of Silver Ball Bots and Materials..... that could work right? lol. inb4 RT is implemented for Donator Points.

That would TOTALLY kill the game, NO ONE in their sane mind would shell 3k $ for ONE bot they want and some extra sh*t, the max i can shell for ONE moe/bot i want is 100/120 rt(aka 10/12$). tongue 

P.S: Seriously do you even know how much are/how much can you do with 3k $, or do you come from those kind of family that have so much moneyz that they use 100$ or so to light their cigars?  Laughing (Ofc i'm joking, or at LEAST i want to believe that it IS a joke  Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4550

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:55 am

You know, it's a private server. Meaning if you think a bot will a be broken, it can be rebalanced. Balance is barely an issue nor is money seeing as how people vomit money at the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:04 am

And what about the updates? If you guys are serious about building such a server and found good solutions about how the game works, what about the fresh content that CS pumps out weekly?

If you have found any way to get said content without going through legal means such as legally publishing the game or buying the rights to use such content, please tell me, so I can slap you with a suitcase full of money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:38 am

Well of 'course there would be ZERO updates, also this would be HIGHLY illegal and as soon as C$ finds out THIS would happen....so yeah folks, dream on Twisted Evil

Note: I saw so MANY private server close (mainly WoW ones...it's strongly hinted that the reason the one i posted isn't touched it's cause it's made by Ex-Blizzard employee; so there's a kind of "closing one eye about it" as long as they're NOT using the current game expansion tongue)

P.S: Yes ppl "vomit" $$$ at this game but not as much as anyone would believe/hope for, as soon as you slam your face against the gara you'll start to reconsider about it...(personal experience: charged a LOT last year for 1 gara and didn't get what i wanted; so after that i only charge premium and like HELL i'll ever charge again just for that SCAMmachine.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2790

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:00 am

Private servers often emulate many aspects of the game to avoid legal issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1124

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 am

I'm sorry, but CB doesn't have any "complex features". I've had ideas for way more complexity for a-game-that-is-not-CB2.

And really, ANY engine would be better than what we have. For these graphics? You could get 1000 FPS in any decent modern engine. But no, we have shit where rendering the UI constitutes 80% of used CPU power and terrible memory management.

As for the PvE vs PvP games viability, take a look at this.
Technically Warframe isn't an MMO, but still.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 am

Make-a-moebot-that-isn't-as-overpowered-or-shitty-as-CS-is-doing-to-us-right now. Fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Male Posts : 4550

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 pm

No one said ANYTHING about garapon, and no one cares about your boohoo gara woes. People throw $200 at this game. That is quite of bit of money and could definitely help sustain a private server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:16 pm

That 200$ won't go directly from point A to B (Garapon to donations). Garapon is an instant gratification incentive to spend money. Donations, not so much. If people can get away with not paying anything, they will.

So.. even if CS closed down and you had the entire audience funneled to the private server, if your donations are actual donations (Donating for the sake of donating, and not points or anything), you would get a tiny fraction of what's currently being funneled to CS. Since the actual audience of paying customers ranges from 10$ to 1000$, it's really hard to say what fraction you'll get cause you could get one person donating 1000$ as opposed to one person donating 10$.

For the grand opening, maybe you'd get a lot of donations because HYPE and faith that your dev team will do the job right. From then on out, it's really unreliable to think you will get enough donations to sustain the server without some kind of incentive. At this point, in my opinion, the best incentive is constant attention and consistent updates and balancing from the dev team that's working on the server. You can avoid P2W with aesthetics and such, but the best incentive to donate is just demonstrating reliability from beginning to end imo. You'll get 'purer' donations this way and actually retain an audience genuinely invested instead of constantly luring the audience with a carrot at the end of a stick.

Disclaimer: Take words with a grain of salt. This is mostly from my experience with RO Private servers. So the communities are vastly different but I think the principles are the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Axanael
[SKELETOR]

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:00 pm

@That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
No one said ANYTHING about garapon, and no one cares about your boohoo gara woes. People throw $200 at this game. That is quite of bit of money and could definitely help sustain a private server.

https://mcprohosting.com/plans.php
https://ggservers.net/minecrafthosting.html

Reminder that Minecraft, also running on JAVA, has easily accessible private hosting options that could easily be maintained on less that $200.00 USD a month.

The fact that each featured garapon sees at least quadruple digits worth of RT charging, hosting would not be an issue.

The whole point of a private server would probably be reduced lagging issues due to not only bad hosting services but also due to high ping players, along with rebalanced gameplay.

Money is clearly not an issue if the prices are this ridiculous and people continue to throw money at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
moh

Male Posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 am

@Axanael wrote:
@That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:

https://mcprohosting.com/plans.php
https://ggservers.net/minecrafthosting.html

Reminder that Minecraft, also running on JAVA, has easily accessible private hosting options that could easily be maintained on less that $200.00 USD a month.
(...)

Java-based server is a very bad idea. Learn from MaNGOS and TrinityCore developers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yutsuku.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Private Server Discussion
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com