Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 3304
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:26 am

#em5 I wish my internet gets better soon ;_;
It keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes and I have
Nothing to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8630
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:32 am

Nancy wrote:
#em5 I wish my internet gets better soon ;_;
It keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes and I have
Nothing to do

HAHA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Finished Log Horizon. Really good anime Imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 25
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:27 pm

@Shai wrote:
Finished Log Horizon. Really good anime Imo.

I was on episode 4 or something. Guess I should pick it up.

Anything to avoid studyingggg



photo bomb on the next level:
 

more lovable sasuke uchiha:
 

carwash:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:14 am

Fuck this whole exam project. My client was supposed to send me the required information and details last weekend. Without it I can't really do anything for their website for my exam project. They didn't send anything, called them last Monday. He said he'd send it this Saturday. Which is already  really late for me, so I'm super behind. And again, I didn't get anything.

Not only do I have to do this alone, the amount of shit he wants in his website is so much that my teachers have to step in and decrease the amount of shit he wants in it because it would be too much for even two people to do. And now he ain't even sending the stuff I need, so I'll be behind even more. My god, you're getting a free website, can't you even take the effort to send me the shit I need so I can actually make it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8630
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:01 am

@Shai wrote:
Fuck this whole exam project. My client was supposed to send me the required information and details last weekend. Without it I can't really do anything for their website for my exam project. They didn't send anything, called them last Monday. He said he'd send it this Saturday. Which is already  really late for me, so I'm super behind. And again, I didn't get anything.

Not only do I have to do this alone, the amount of shit he wants in his website is so much that my teachers have to step in and decrease the amount of shit he wants in it because it would be too much for even two people to do. And now he ain't even sending the stuff I need, so I'll be behind even more. My god, you're getting a free website, can't you even take the effort to send me the shit I need so I can actually make it?

You school sounds really shitty why didn't you switch schools earlier ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:04 am

It's not the school, it's the client that doesn't do his part. I doubt they'll ever use them again for the exam project after this.

Though I don't think this school is amazing either. But this school is considered the best school this year they became #1 again. Tbh I don't even wanna know what the other schools are like if this one is considered the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8630
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:09 am

@Shai wrote:
It's not the school, it's the client that doesn't do his part. I doubt they'll ever use them again for the exam project after this.

Though I don't think this school is amazing either. But this school is considered the best school this year they became #1 again. Tbh I don't even wanna know what the other schools are like if this one is considered the best.

But where you live a best school means a school that does not treat people like humans and just tries to push them into the best college they can for their schools reputation and tell them if they want to have a future in life their only choice is to go to college. Actually that's anywhere. Also they have batshit insane expectations and expect you to work like a robot and not enjoy life at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:16 am

This is still high school tough. It works a bit different here. Compared to America, you could say that the second half of high school is like the first two years of university. Uni isn't something everyone goes to after they graduate. Most go work after high school here. If you graduate from here doing the highest study, you've got a pretty big chance of getting a job. Especially for IT. Unless you go into gaming design. Since a huge amount of students pick that, mostly with the wrong mindset.

It's kinda hard to explain 'cause the way school works is different from America. I spend a pretty long time discussing this with Joe as well. Us using different terms for it doesn't help either. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1918
Join date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:11 pm

my breakfast sometimes is just coffee and like, one or two bananas.
since no one in this house but me ever eats bananas.
pretty much goes for any of the fruit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 5490
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in the state of Country

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:21 pm

But fruit is toptier. I mean it's healthy food that tastes delicious

Sorry to hear about that Shai, hope you're at least almost done with all this BS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 3304
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:52 pm

I get college enroll ment next year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8630
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:22 pm

@Shai wrote:
This is still high school tough. It works a bit different here. Compared to America, you could say that the second half of high school is like the first two years of university. Uni isn't something everyone goes to after they graduate. Most go work after high school here. If you graduate from here doing the highest study, you've got a pretty big chance of getting a job. Especially for IT. Unless you go into gaming design. Since a huge amount of students pick that, mostly with the wrong mindset.

It's kinda hard to explain 'cause the way school works is different from America. I spend a pretty long time discussing this with Joe as well. Us using different terms for it doesn't help either. xD

See no it is still the same really. The last two years of high school are pretty much community college for where you live, but still shooting down perusing your dreams lijke any other school or institution, You yourself said it some one going into game design instead of IT work is bad. Why should it ever be bad to do what you want to do if there is a career for it. Is the game market getting smaller yes, Are video games selling a little less yes.Doesn't mean game design equals instant failure I know you didn't say that I am just saying. Instead students should be thought to pursue their dreams but also the dangers that come with it.

Every school pretty much teaches there is only one way to solve a problem. Which is wrong when it comes to reality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 25
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Today I watched the last episode of Zenkoku.

Then I proceeded to write a long post analyzing who the Captain and Vice-Captain of Usuzan are and how the Captain match of the second game of the semifinals is going to be like.

I think I'm the only one who cares this much about Saki.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 5490
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 20
Location : Somewhere in the state of Country

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

I saw Cpt. 'MURICA today. Ok movie, kinda liked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 25
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:21 pm

@milk wrote:
my breakfast sometimes is just coffee and like, one or two bananas.
since no one in this house but me ever eats bananas.
pretty much goes for any of the fruit.

That's too bad for them. Fruit is great.





i was telling my brother how another WMG i posted for UQ Holder was right on the money and then he masterfully started posting body imagery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:43 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
See no it is still the same really. The last two years of high school are pretty much community college for where you live, but still shooting  down perusing your dreams lijke any other school or institution, You yourself said it some one going into game design instead of IT work is bad. Why should it ever be bad to do what you want to do if there is a career for it. Is the game market getting smaller yes, Are video games selling a little less yes.Doesn't mean game design equals instant failure I know you didn't say that I am just saying.  Instead students should be thought to pursue their dreams but also the dangers that come with it.

Every school pretty much teaches there is only one way to solve a problem. Which is wrong when it comes to reality.
I said that most go in there with the wrong mindset. The majority that goes into game design here don't make it because they think it'll be easy. A lot think that because they enjoy gaming, they'll enjoy game design where all they'll have to do is do some designing. Which is wrong. They have really high expectations, both designing and coding is required. And there's a huge amount of competition because of how many choose to do game design. Pursuing your dreams is fine, most of them just have the wrong mindset when it comes to going into game design. I've seen quite a big amount of students along with friends drop their previous study to go into game design and returning because it was too much for them.

I don't think you should bother if you already enter with ''i like games this is gonna be easy''.


@Koiro wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Shai, hope you're at least almost done with all this BS
Yeah, I hope so too. Wednesday I'll have a conversation with him along with a teacher to fix this shit. Tbh I just wanna tell them that they can shove a dildo up their ass and can forget about the site, but that would be very, very unprofessional of me. c:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
avatar

Male Posts : 1319
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 21
Location : Team Manager for WoW

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:52 am

i finished a 105 page review packet on chemistry in two days

needless to say i gained nearly nothing of value from that busywork.

>editing lit paper

http://puu.sh/7ZgsX.png

holy shit how drunk was i when i wrote this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EXNova
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 707
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:26 am

@Shai wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:
See no it is still the same really. The last two years of high school are pretty much community college for where you live, but still shooting  down perusing your dreams lijke any other school or institution, You yourself said it some one going into game design instead of IT work is bad. Why should it ever be bad to do what you want to do if there is a career for it. Is the game market getting smaller yes, Are video games selling a little less yes.Doesn't mean game design equals instant failure I know you didn't say that I am just saying.  Instead students should be thought to pursue their dreams but also the dangers that come with it.

Every school pretty much teaches there is only one way to solve a problem. Which is wrong when it comes to reality.
I said that most go in there with the wrong mindset. The majority that goes into game design here don't make it because they think it'll be easy. A lot think that because they enjoy gaming, they'll enjoy game design where all they'll have to do is do some designing. Which is wrong. They have really high expectations, both designing and coding is required. And there's a huge amount of competition because of how many choose to do game design. Pursuing your dreams is fine, most of them just have the wrong mindset when it comes to going into game design. I've seen quite a big amount of students along with friends drop their previous study to go into game design and returning because it was too much for them.

I don't think you should bother if you already enter with ''i like games this is gonna be easy''.


@Koiro wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Shai, hope you're at least almost done with all this BS
Yeah, I hope so too. Wednesday I'll have a conversation with him along with a teacher to fix this shit. Tbh I just wanna tell them that they can shove a dildo up their ass and can forget about the site, but that would be very, very unprofessional of me. c:

I spent 4 years of high school getting ideological bullshit crammed down my throat, and the only thing I came out of it with was an intense disrespect for authority. I left my school, went to SDSU for a couple of semesters, hated every single one of my profs, and immediately bailed on higher education as a whole. I am 18 years old and make more than my parents, combined (not hard, my folks were pretty much deadbeats), and I work in the IT industry and I love every minute of it.

I have an awesome job where I spend 12 hours a week in the office, and get whatever else needs to be done finished at home. I've pretty much got free reign, my boss is a total hipster and doesn't care, and the non-profit I work for is one of the most prestigious in the area. I've got a futon in my office, there's a PS4 in the break room, and I couldn't be happier with life. My work pays for my cellphone, home internet package, my clothing, and basically anything else I can even vaguely connect to my job.

I guess the message here is, school doesn't mean much of anything anymore. Realistically, cultural indoctrination and debt are the only things higher education produces in mass quantities. You can get just as far with determination, a decent work ethic, and some basic smarts as you can with a degree from a prestigious university and enough debt to cripple a third-world country.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 25
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Today I had a fat tire.

Maybe I wasn't made to guzzle beer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnTi90d
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3282
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 1003
Location : U.S.S.A - United Socialist States of America

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Fat Tire, Magic Hat #9, Blue Moon and beers like them are rich and heavy with grains. They aren't meant to be inhaled quickly like regular swill. If you want a beer that's lighter, easier on the gut and still a decent brew, try Stella Artois.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 25
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:54 pm

@AnTi90d wrote:
Fat Tire, Magic Hat #9, Blue Moon and beers like them are rich and heavy with grains. They aren't meant to be inhaled quickly like regular swill. If you want a beer that's lighter, easier on the gut and still a decent brew, try Stella Artois.

Ohhh, okay, thanks. I doubt they serve Stella Artois over at the sandwich shop (one free sandwich with french fries / onion rings this week, yeahhh) since I only really recognized Blue Moon, Fat Tire, and some other Belgium pale ale (everything else was like Heineken, Budlight, or some awful brand) but I'll probably buy some at Superiors / CVS. I was in a rush, though, since I didn't want to lose my spot in line. Goddamn the free giveaways start at 11 am, and there were already people in line by 11.14, which is when I reached the place.
Some nights I need something to help me get through these awful readings for my classes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AnTi90d
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3282
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 1003
Location : U.S.S.A - United Socialist States of America

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:01 pm

Demonoid is back!
Demonoid is back!
Demonoid is back!

.. and, after several years.. people are still trying to get my Final Fantasy 11 Soundtrack, Moral Orel Soundtrack and some of my translated Japanese SNES roms.

I never thought it would come back.. but, here it is.. and people are flocking back. I think it's based in the Philippines, now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8630
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 25
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Just drink bud light its cheap and it is good enough for BT so good enough for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EXNova
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 707
Join date : 2014-01-14
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:14 pm

My aunt is a doula, and requested the use of my kitchen because she's having her house treated for termites. I went into my fridge, saw a bucket of what looked like blood with a biohazard symbol on it, and immediately called my aunt. Long story short...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_placentophagy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?   

Back to top Go down
 
Most random thing you've seen or done today in real life?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum