Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 i love this game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:35 am

Oh, here's your clan fight breakdown:

i'm -fucking amazed- at how well my clan did. Lost one match when outnumbered against innovator, managed to beat them when we outnumbered them, managed to beat charlotte running buff devestator, also beat some clan called dark_rain who attempted to abuse lag - i actually saw THAT FUCKING FISH in clan fight, what the fuck.

3-1 overall.

Considering that we had me, utok, bean, 2 randoms, and 2 people from nyopi, I didn't expect things to go well. They went a whole lot better than my times playing for Tim, even back when that clan was more active last year. These people actually knew what the fuck to do, i could just rely on them to not be retarded! it was great.

Charlotte ran some retarded rush comp with like 4 lands or something. Hikaru attempted to use a powered laser, managed to get 1k damage and then killed himself on a cactus, I assume because he was out of ammo. That match looked pretty bad and they probably would have won but at the end they were back to their land heavy comp when we were under powerspot and I have exline out, so that just ended poorly for them. Exline is broken, please update beginner ruleset. Also they had buff devastator, buff devastator is broken, please update beginner ruleset. I didn't get to record this since my recording program locked on to the wrong client window.

I fed in the first match against innovator because I just underestimated the tracking on buff devastator missiles and died to it, was pretty sad.

I hope they fix clan fight to not require 8 people to play, that would be nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0P1FWZYOGQ


Theia is really well designed.
except for the fact where she does all the damage in the world at 24 tec.

Like here
she's got a pulse laser main, with a cooldown, so it's not "spam this forever" like air monica or illumis. That's cool, it gives you a reason to use other weapons.
She has a stunning, multi-target sub with a directional microdash built in, which feels pretty good to use and is reliable.
The stun sets up a free shot of her CBC cannon, which is a classic MLG style charge rather than a hold-charge, preventing ghost hit glitches. It's a heavy arcing, slightly slow projectile which has trouble against things that aren't below her, and a rather hefty CD as well as low ammo.
Her reboost dash thing, which gives a barrier at the end, has a cooldown to prevent mashing for free dashes all at once, which is good since I hate people who do that shit. The barrier seems to be shell only(or shell and beam?) since I got hit by blast damage out of it.

The problems are her damages. They're TOO HIGH. She's not fundamentally broken, she just does too much damage. CBC is 40 force base. I'm hitting 80~ damage max at 24 tech.
17 force on pulse laser is more damage than monica missiles, with more speed and more range as well. It has it's own cooldown but it's too effective as a weapon, doesn't really need tunes(but obviously benefits from them).

The stun missile thing hits like, directly below her, is the only thing I can complain about with it.

She's really fun, way more fun than a similarly not-broken-but-obviously-overpowered unit like frac or alcy, but she's just too strong even without tunes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HashiriyaR32
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 617
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 27
Location : Toronto, Canada

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:00 am

Thea's barrier appears to block anything that's not blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.idforums.net
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 1204
Join date : 2011-05-20
Age : 22
Location : New York City

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 am

@HashiriyaR32 wrote:
Thea's barrier appears to block anything that's not blast.
Melee isn't blocked either

It really helps against other airs though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
avatar

Male Posts : 5770
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25
Location : A certain boss's room

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:31 am

Btw she has glide boost too, though it has literally no meaning on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5112
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:12 pm

My only "issue" is that the missile feels like taking a piss after having sex. And after some "Y U NO HIT, WHERE UR GOIN", the match finishes and you still get 2k+ damage or something and it wasn't so bad, because the cannon can do just so much damage. It only annoys me. If you play Monigga and the like, they pretty much fire in a straight line? But Theia's laser seems to have a pretty random firing scheme that can spread the lasers before they start homing. It's not terrible, just annoying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:45 am

homura in 8 points(chased etherlight around with a lex resha for several matches)

[9/27/2014 6:28:59 PM] Esedu: 1. WB activation does a melee slash that upstuns. Hits all around her.
[9/27/2014 6:29:08 PM] Esedu: 2. Dash thing is omni-directional and invisible
[9/27/2014 6:29:18 PM] Esedu: 3. WB can be activated once every 4 seconds or so
[9/27/2014 6:29:34 PM] Esedu: 4. If you bait the WB, she'll just dash. Which is like, nearly impossible to follow
[9/27/2014 6:30:00 PM] Esedu: 5. I caught him after he used WB to detonate, baited and read the dash, and he WBed after one combo and then dashed away
[9/27/2014 6:30:12 PM] Esedu: 6. slow turn and dash restrict means that straightforward fights are hard
[9/27/2014 6:30:40 PM] Esedu: 7. WB activation is just F key, can't lex him to prevent him from using it to excape
[9/27/2014 6:31:55 PM] Esedu: 8. dash restrict and severe waste booster and slow turn means if homura actually starts hitting you, your chances of even having a chance to hit her are instantly reduced to zero
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:52 am

I tried meleeing one with abyss hu, and this exactly happened. I got close, sidetracked by decoy, tried to get close, got stunned, tried to run, she chased me, tried to attack since I was about to die anyway, died anyway without hitting her once. I hope she gets some heavy rebalancing alongside berz girl and theiamillis.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:59 am

this is like, the difference between something being overpowered and something being broken.

Theia is overpowered. She does too much damage. That's it. She just does too much damage. That's the summary of her problems.

Homura is broken. What she does fundamentally changes how the game works. There's next to nothing that can fight her 1v1, and her playstyle means she shouldn't be in a position where she has to stand and fight multiple people at once because she's an artillery.

The same can be said for frac/berz. Frac is overpowered, berz is broken.

I don't really care if you use overpowered stuff, whatever. I'll probably find a way to kill you by counterpicking and shooting you.
If you play broken shit, fuck you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:04 am

I just play land melees cuz I like to punch stuff. I can't stand using long ranged stunlock shit. It's so fucking boring playing shit like that and it makes me even more mad when people play it forever. I sub garaged all my alphas and I'm only using theiamillis until I get bored of her (which I'm already getting bored of her dumb play style). I'm just going to stick with melee vs melee and backline with abyss hu like I always do killing any rushers. It's all I can really do now since rushing to kill artillery isn't as easy as it used to be anymore because EVERYTHING STUNLOCKS NOW.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
avatar

Male Posts : 5770
Join date : 2011-02-03
Age : 25
Location : A certain boss's room

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:34 am

I pointed out that she is broken in the first night of update, though apparently ppl didn't care, until she start swarming the arena.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:02 am

nigga shut the fuck up, tryna act smart.
"she's broken" yeah ok. few things s0n:
1. I don't believe SHIT until I see it myself
2. I don't believe SHIT on day1 until until I've had time to actively try and figure out ways around it(as in, spend 10~ matches actively fighting one)
3. I'm actually listing what she does, not saying "she broke". Different things there nigga.

Get yo weak-ass shit outta here you ain't nothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 4534
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 424

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Melee vs melee is dumb
Back line melees are dumb because airs will just shoot them and they accomplish nothing other than being something that kicks in tgh reduction further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:03 am

@That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Melee vs melee is dumb
Back line melees are dumb because airs will just shoot them and they accomplish nothing other than being something that kicks in tgh reduction further.

rushing is dumb too, because there's always PS campers / shock supports / alphas backlining so what are we supposed to be agreeing on here

???

>melee vs melee is dumb

air to air is just as stupid

so is art to art

what
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3754
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 31
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:08 am

melee is a very specific style, Art/Air as types have various diverse playstyles, you can't really compare them.

Better comparisons: Hopper Gunner vs Hopper Gunner, Baz Art vs Baz Art, Remote vs Remote, Alpha Air/Art vs Alpha Air/Art, etc etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:14 am

nowadays it's just alpha air vs alpha air and alpha art vs alpha art with a small mix of melees, single handheld gunners, and poop medics
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3754
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 31
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:27 am

But this is not about what the plebs play though? Baz Arts are still a thing, so is single weapon Air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
avatar

Male Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-02-08
Age : 24
Location : San Diego

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:07 am

Don't forget about counterpicking losers c:

They went out of their way to counterpick Scaregant l0l


http://puu.sh/bSs4j/55cfbab395.png

so scary

stay classy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)
avatar

Posts : 5112
Join date : 2011-04-25
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:54 am

@reVelske wrote:
But this is not about what the plebs play though? Baz Arts are still a thing, so is single weapon Air.

But it seems that people get butthurt about the new single weapon air moe rather than the previous dumb single air moes or alpha moe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:01 am

@Relict? wrote:
Don't forget about counterpicking losers c:

They went out of their way to counterpick Scaregant l0l


http://puu.sh/bSs4j/55cfbab395.png

so scary

stay classy

I agree with you for once. I always get counterpicked for using my lands, even though /they/ rushed in our spawn and died. It's so fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 22
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:22 am

But he is scary, he even has the word scare in his name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:51 am

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
But it seems that people get butthurt about the new single weapon air moe rather than the previous dumb single air moes or alpha moe.

i'm sorry I can't simultaneously complain about every broken thing in the game. I'm just listing the reasons why the new things are dumb. We should already know why the old things are dumb, I shouldn't have to list every single issue whenever I make a post just to appease you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 4534
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 424

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 am

Soundstorm wrote:
@That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Melee vs melee is dumb
Back line melees are dumb because airs will just shoot them and they accomplish nothing other than being something that kicks in tgh reduction further.

rushing is dumb too, because there's always PS campers / shock supports / alphas backlining so what are we supposed to be agreeing on here

???

>melee vs melee is dumb

air to air is just as stupid

so is art to art

what
So if you aren't camping you're rushing. Gr8, I'll tell the other melees who pick out arts and kill them without resorting to crowddiving.

Melee on melee is stupid because you take CHUNKS of damage while barely accomplishing anything. That said hp could go towards ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTING to shit like KILLING ARTS, THE THINGS WEAK TO MELEE. And before you say "homura and berz have ways of dealing with melee abloobloobloo", we both know that not every art in a room is literally a homura and berz, there are plenty of arts people still play that are susceptible to melees and cause airs problems. And no, not every art is going to be in the backlines. A majority of time they are in the FRONTLINES, harassing airs, where you can just kick their shit in, actually contribute by getting rid of a threat, and make it back alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 3754
Join date : 2011-01-31
Age : 31
Location : Robot Heaven

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:13 am

But these Homura and Berz are things you NEED to kill though, for the good of the land and all, stop cherrypicking you scorefarmers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Posts : 8403
Join date : 2011-06-12
Location : california

PostSubject: Re: i love this game   Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:31 am

clearly you don't need to kill them if what you are playing lacks that capability.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: i love this game   

Back to top Go down
 
i love this game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum