Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Elder Scrolls

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Female Posts : 3315

PostSubject: The Elder Scrolls    Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:10 pm

Have any of you played any of the Elder Scrolls games? tell me all about it  #em3 
none of my DLC stuff wont load anymore on oblivion and since I don't have the DLC disc
i'm basically done for.  #em5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:25 am

I've played Oblivion and Skyrim, still waiting for Morrowind to go on sale. Got their DLC as well.

I'm not really sure what you want to know about them though, maybe ask a more specific question? o .o;

As for your problem, you could always just get the whole thing illegal. Since you already bought it, it's not really such a bad deal Imo. I got them through Steam so I don't have to worry about discs, especially since I use a lot of mods that can break the game. I can just re-install it in 15 minutes and it'll work again. Figuring out what mod breaks the game becomes the next problem.

Or you could be like me and just buy it a second time. I've played both Skyrim and Oblivion a lot on the console when they got released. But buying them a second them with 75% off on Steam was worth it considering all the mods that are around that add so much new content. And it are my favorite games so I don't really mind buying them a second time.

I don't have Morrowind yet, but from what I've heard it's a lot more storybased compared to Oblivion and Skyrim. It's also the favorite game of a lot of TES players. And according to AnTi90d it still has mods that get updated.  He send me this link a while ago http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-rebirth You probably should check it out if you plan on getting Morrowind.

Since you already know Oblivion, Skyrim is kind of similar where it's more focused on just killing shit. Though the way skills work are different, monsters and dungeons also no longer adjust to the player's level. In Oblivion you used to be able to just stick to lvl1 and complete the main quest like it was nothing. It was sort of better to do so as well since the guards just get slaughtered by enemies once you hit lvl20 as those don't level with you. Making some quests a pain in the ass as you get overwhelmed by enemies. In Skyrim there are some dungeons and quests you just can't do yet because the enemies you face are too strong for your character. Though a few levels and that's fixed. Neither Oblivion nor Skyrim are what you call 'hard', even on the new Legendary difficulty. Especially if you go for sneak.

Sneaking is probably even easier in Skyrim then it was in Oblivion. You can shoot lots of arrows into an enemy, they'll search for you, fail, and will walk back saying something along the lines of ''Guess there was nothing there after all''. There used to be a lvl cap, also limiting you to the amount of skill trees that you could fully max, but that has been adjusted. Once you hit lvl 100 on a skill you can go to 'Legendary'. Which will reset the skill to 15, and also makes you lose all the skill points that you put in it. Though those skill points you get back. And you get new ones as you lvl up that skill tree again. There are some tricks to make that shit easier.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_Wiki/Portal/Skyrim

Quick list of things that you can look through about Skyrim. Races are, of course the same as the ones in Oblivion. The majority of the NPCs will be of the Nord race, much like how most were Imperials in Oblivion. There are 18 skill trees that are in 3 different archetypes. Mage, Warrior and Thief. Of course you don't need to only pick skills from the same archetype. Those are probably the only two I'd look at to avoid getting spoiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:54 am

oh I see, like what race did you choose and all :3
And what do you specialize in? Magic? Stealth? :oo
I'm mainly wanting to know people's races and stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:12 am

I mostly pick Nord 'cause they look the best, lol. It's the same as how they made Imperials look the most attractive in Oblivion. I used to play Wood Elf a lot in Oblivion but their long faces and sunken cheeks really bother me now.

I like all sorts of classes, personally. Reason why I have way too many characters.

My highest level is a stealthy archer mage where I mostly use a conjured bow along with Deadric summons and some Illusion and Alteration. I'm using a spell pack mod that adds a lot of different spells to the schools of magic. The vanilla Alteration and Restoration spells are pretty boring, this mod pack makes it so you're not limited to Conjuration and Destruction type spells to kill stuff.

I also always have the general assassin type of character where I play the more 'evil' kind of character. As far as this game allows you to be so considering you'll end up being the hero  either way.

Then I have a character where I will only punch stuff with. I sort of miss the skill for unarmed combat that Oblivion had. Now you're sort of forced to use heavy armor if you wanna go unarmed for the unarmed perks in the heavy armor skill tree that will apply the armor rating of heavy armor gauntlets as damage to unarmed punches.

Full mage type character where I will blow people up with spells, typical thief where you will steal everyone's shit, heroic warrior with big swords and heavy armor, etc.

I'm thinking of creating a heavy armor mage next. Maybe make it a vampire as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:09 am

Wow, I'm a khajit (we love Skooma) ;_; I focused all of my points on stamina this time though so I can run forever and ever xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:50 am

You could just.. get a horse if you wanna travel / run.. I recommend Shadowmere if you went with the Dark Brotherhood. Shadowmere is one of the fastest horses and has decent damage. She's also immortal. She might go unconscious for a while but that doesn't happen much until you get to higher levels. Or if you let her solo everything.

Don't even think of picking the Unicorn, it will try to kill you until you kill it. Even if you manage to glitch it out and ride it, it will continue trying to kill you once you get off. It will follow you around forever and wait outside dungeons and houses for you to come out. Making it impossible to fast travel until you get inside of a main city 'cause an enemy will be nearby. But even if you fast travel. It. Will. Find. You.

Of course there is a way to avoid it. Never pull out a weapon, fists are considered a weapon as well. Even if it's to defend the Unicorn, it will fucking kill you if it sees you do that. I believe it does ignore some forms of magic, until you accidentally hit it of course.

On a more serious note, you don't really pick Fatigue (stamina) for being able to run long. Fatigue determines the efficiency of your actions. If you run out of fatigue some actions won't be as good as they normally are. Melee damage gets decreased a lot if your fatigue is low. Which is why most melee based characters spend points in Fatigue along with Health.

Spellcasting isn't affected by it at all though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:25 am

n_n too poor for a horse, I haven't done the dark brother hood quest yet :OO I have 75k
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:35 am

You can get a horse for 500 gold, though those are also the slowest and not really worth getting. The fastest ones are Shadowmere and the black horse that you can buy for 5k at Cheydinhal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 am

@Shai wrote:
You can get a horse for 500 gold, though those are also the slowest and not really worth getting. The fastest ones are Shadowmere and the black horse that you can buy for 5k at Cheydinhal.
;_; I'm saving up for an expensive house.. I really want a house in solitude
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:57 am

Mainstream wrote:
@Shai wrote:
;_; I'm saving up for an expensive house..  I really want a house in solitude
Oh, sorry. I thought you were still talking about Oblivion. Forget the Unicorn stuff. And the Fatigue part, as skills work different in Skyrim then in Oblivion.

All horses are 1k gold in Skyrim. They're all equally fat and slow.

The house in Solitude is 25k gold total, and another 11k for all the upgrades. And another 3k for a children's bedroom if you have the Hearthfire DLC.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
g-nome

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:32 pm

You can buy The Elder Scrolls Anthology and get every relevant game. TES:O is trash, Skyrim is decent, but has severe limitations to modifying some of the most important and wanted aspects of the game, and the series only gets better as you go further back to earlier games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:14 am

TES: Online? I wanted to try it but I was too lazy to patch that huge thing. Wasn't all that interested though. Haven't heard all that many positive things about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AhegaoMaster
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh TES Arena was good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Elder Scrolls    

Back to top Go down

The Elder Scrolls
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com