Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

HAWKEN

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: HAWKEN   Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:34 pm

HAWKEN is a multiplayer first person shooter for PC that places you inside a mechanized war machine on the battlefield of a dystopian world called Illal. With strategic, fast-paced gameplay,HAWKEN features incredible alien landscapes, customizable and upgradable mechs, and dynamic experiences across multiple competitive game modes.

Key Features

• Fast Mech Gameplay: War is a Machine. Pilot hulking death machines and use massive weaponry to destroy your foes. 
  • 16 Unique Mechs: Determine your method of mass destruction. Choose from 16 unique classes including the lightweight assassin like Reaper, the medium blitz mode Raider and the heavy tank-like Incinerator. Each mech is unique with their own special abilities, stats and weapon loadouts. 
  • 5 Game Modes: Play cooperatively or competitively in the 5 game modes available. Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Missile Assault, Siege and Co-Op Bot Destruction. 
  • Stunning Dystopian Environments: Experience a planet in the depths of war. Battle across decaying cityscapes, desert towns, post-apocalyptic wastelands, jungle outposts and secret weapons facilities. 
  • Loadout Customization: Customize your playstyle with a wide array of internals that offer passive improvements, as well as offensive, defensive and functional items. There's also a plethora of cosmetic enhancements to truly personalize your mech. 
  • Arsenal of Weapons: Choose your weapons wisely. Massive sniper rifles, rotary cannons, ballistic spike guns, fireball launchers, corrosive chemical weapons and dual mode explosive launchers are just a few of your options for ordnance. 
  • Variety of Items: Use the right tool for the job. Deploy a hologram to fool enemy mechs, use an EMP to shutdown their core systems and then launch a high explosive grenade or detonator for their fiery demise. Choose from 12 unique items which offer a variety of gameplay. 
  • Enhanced NVIDIA PhysX: Take your battle experience to the next level with the latest in NVIDIA’s PhysX technology. Explosion and particle effects are incredibly more detailed to provide the optimal visual experience of mech warfare. 
  • Oculus Rift Support: Fully immerse yourself in mech battles with gameplay support for the Oculus Rift.

---
Copy pasted from Steam coz I'm a lazy bum that doesn't wanna type stuff herself. Looks interesting enough so figured I'd put it here for the fellow mecha fans. It's currently F2P and available on Steam.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:17 pm

I don't think the things I've heard about this game on this very forum were favorable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:34 pm

i played in beta and hated it.
i heard it only got worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:39 pm

Picked it back up since they shoved it on Steam, highly enjoyable despite having to play at 200ms to EU servers with shots being delayed (meaning I have to aim ahead, which results in it being impossible to hit fast moving units). Game has been heavily polished up, there's still some minor balancing issues but hardly something worth mentioning when you have CB to compare it to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 pm

I find it fun. Mech customization isn't that in-depth though (you only get to choose from 3 different weapons for each mech). It also takes quite some time to fully load out 1 mech. Still fun.
In-game voice chat is nice too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:09 am

Passing ty; beta wasn't so hot and i also search for "appeal" in the junk i use...or at least a way to improve said appeal/look[CB,Exteel*cries*(shouldn't remember that one i get all emotional and sh*t)]; while these ones are quite horrid; calling'em graceless lumps of metal wouldn't cut it.

tldr:i'd prefer to load back MW 1-4/Front Mission Evolved ty.OR *since i'm more for being the advanced machine than driving one* try again PSO2-while cursing it's lack of EU/NA version-/do a D&D session using a warforged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EXNova
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 712

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:49 pm

Exteel was glorious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

Female Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:39 pm

@EXNova wrote:
Exteel was glorious.
yes it was.

I played this game for a while, quite fun. I wouldn't play it on a regular basis but it's quite fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:00 pm

Hawken is all about the immersion. Calling it a "simulation" may be a stretch, but it certainly is the most realistic (using this term loosely) and amazing mech riding experience you'll possibly find. Sure, the mechs looks like scrap parts put together compared to your usual heavy metal warmachines of, say, mechwarrior/front mission, and nowhere near as over-the-top heroic as your japanese mech designs, but it does what it originally sets out to do very well: to bring emphasis to the war-torn dystopic world which the game is set in.

The gameplay is relatively satisfying too, and I don't honestly recall another mech FPS ever existed in the market, at least, not one that's nearly as fast paced. The fucktons of console Gundam games as well as Exteel offers a more arcadey experience compare to what Hawken provides.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:52 am

For FPS like i'll just load Heavy Gear 1/2(EXPECIALLY HW2 *space missions FTW*) like i'm doing right now, it's awesome and different compared to Mechwarrior(gears were much smaller than MW titanic frames *if i have to link it to an anime i'd say it reminds me of VOTOMs*); oh and IF you like vintage stuff give a try to G-Nome and Earthsiege 1/2 and lastly Virtual On for some incredible funny & arcade action(Almost all of this stuff should be abandonware by now if i'm correct...have fun =3 ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:29 am

How is any of this relevant to Hawken discussion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAWKEN   

Back to top Go down

HAWKEN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com