Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:09 am

Harrier Accel doesn't do anything? Look, you being shit and made to hide for an entire game on 300 dmg doesnt mean it's shit. His core is VERY MUCH comparible to AM3/AM4, so yeah, hey, let's just unban all the Lightning Gun then!

Pump Bazooka being allowed is perfectly fine? What? Solving bullshit by allowing more bullshit is NEVER the solution, ESPECIALLY not in a game like CB where things are acquired with luck and money. You know what is available and perfectly viable to deal with Air in beginner room? Entire Baz line. Pump Baz is completely and utterly unnecessary. If it works like a Blast Baz and is completely ineffect against everything else, MAYBE, but that isn't the case and it is perfectly effective at shitting on everything's faces.

Estes are essentially Pierce Gun without enemy pierce (I recall it pierce allies, cant remember), and the actual pierce itself certainly isn't what made Pierce Gun godly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 am

So your point is that because it only needs 20STR to become as effective in dealing blast damage as a Titan Bazooka without any stat deficit, it should be banned?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:14 am

Of course not, question is, what is your point? 20 STR is somehow far too high a requirement for you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:20 am

@reVelske wrote:
Of course not, question is, what is your point? 20 STR is somehow far too high a requirement for you?

My point is, do the perks 20STR Pimpzook give enough to warrant a ban? Sure, it's usable by most types, it has no stat deficit, and the basketballs are the size of a planet, but does that justify a ban? Surely most people proficient with bazookas can make do with other types of bazooka. Most of the community base just can't do shit about how to make them work. That's usually where the problem lies.

Also where the fuck is my B Butterfly Wing BS Cybershit WHAT THE FUCK.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:28 am

@reVelske wrote:
Harrier Accel doesn't do anything? Look, you being shit and made to hide for an entire game on 300 dmg doesnt mean it's shit. His core is VERY MUCH comparible to AM3/AM4, so yeah, hey, let's just unban all the Lightning Gun then!

it suffers from the same problem that initone does - the weapon has so much auto-aim tacked on it that it becomes impossible to hit strafing targets.
This is NOT the same as AM3/AM4. Don't start with that shit.
It's not shit, and I never said that. Please, take the time to actually read what I say rather than making shit up.
Harrier Accel can pull off amazing damage numbers in normal rooms because it exists to hard counter the top tier melees.
Melees are next to non-existent in beginner rooms. We played how many matches? 7? The only melee was thran on a red tier ouka.

@reVelske wrote:
Pump Bazooka being allowed is perfectly fine? What? Solving bullshit by allowing more bullshit is NEVER the solution, ESPECIALLY not in a game like CB where things are acquired with luck and money. You know what is available and perfectly viable to deal with Air in beginner room? Entire Baz line. Pump Baz is completely and utterly unnecessary. If it works like a Blast Baz and is completely ineffect against everything else, MAYBE, but that isn't the case and it is perfectly effective at shitting on everything's faces.

yeah, your Lbaz was super effective against all the airs. So much that your actual answer was to pull out your own airs to chase around everything I played. Definitely working well!
https://i.imgur.com/6szxok1.png
https://i.imgur.com/m9AC80l.png

ban this shit and I'll agree to banning pump baz.

In order to maintain balance, power should be allocated. If additional power is allocated to airs, then there should be power allocated to artillery to counterbalance this. If there isn't additional power allocated to airs, there is no need to allocate power to artillery.

@reVelske wrote:
Estes are essentially Pierce Gun without enemy pierce (I recall it pierce allies, cant remember), and the actual pierce itself certainly isn't what made Pierce Gun godly.

Then how about you explain what about them isn't alright?
I was using a weapon called striker rifle mod.
Here's the stats:
155cost -1str +1wlk
9 force
450 ammo
300 range
400 speed
140 int

here's the stats of a raid rifle:
120 cost +1 fly
13 force
350 ammo
300 range
415 speed
180 int

The main difference, to me, in these weapons is the projectile size. The striker rifle mod is easier to hit with but has greatly reduced damage for each burst(3x9 as opposed to 13x4)
I'd like you to explain why one weapon is alright and the other isn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:32 am

@Shance wrote:
My point is, do the perks 20STR Pimpzook give enough to warrant a ban? Sure, it's usable by most types, it has no stat deficit, and the basketballs are the size of a planet, but does that justify a ban? Surely most people proficient with bazookas can make do with other types of bazooka. Most of the community base just can't do shit about how to make them work. That's usually where the problem lies.

Incredibly easy to hit, insane damage even without 40 tec, excellent Int for a Baz, perfect size for arguably the best Art core available that happens to compliment the stats requirement perfectly. There's frankly very little that can fight a Pomf Ama effectively in Beginner Room (even more so if you are enough of a faget to Accel Roll in beginner room), least of all Airs.

Oh and he's damn easy to tune.

I can happily argue that Pomf Baz Ama is one of absolute most effective, efficient and deadly Art builds available in standard meta, and that is something that shouldn't be said about anything that's accessible in beginner room as far as I'm concern.

I've made do with L Baz in beginner room (even that is unnecessary unless room is filling up with fagets), but Pomf Baz is still in a completely different league.

Oh and also, Wolfguy should be banned along with any other dual K-Shield land with a decent core.

@Winty wrote:
it suffers from the same problem that initone does - the weapon has so much auto-aim tacked on it that it becomes impossible to hit strafing targets.

It's an issue, but it's FAR from crippling and CAN be compensated via good movement. Its raw damage output and stats alone makes it comparible to AM3/AM4.

@Winty wrote:
yeah, your Lbaz was super effective against all the airs. So much that your actual answer was to pull out your own airs to chase around everything I played. Definitely working well!

The sarcasm is too thick for me to understand. What are you talking about? How is it relevant to your point?

@Winty wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/6szxok1.png
https://i.imgur.com/m9AC80l.png

ban this shit and I'll agree to banning pump baz.

I've not even seen them being used. But sure, as far as I'm concerned all Lightning Gun/Plasma Cannon/etc lines of weapons need to be banned. I'd allow Curve Lightning Gun to stay just out of pity.

@Winty wrote:

Then how about you explain what about them isn't alright?

The main perk of Pierce Gun line (aside from Ally pierce that is, Enemy pierce is just a situational bonus) is its accuracy and incredible stun rate. Estes line carries those traits.

Last edited by reVelske on Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:56 am

Quote :
CAN be compensated via good movement. Its raw damage output and stats alone makes it comparible to AM3/AM4.
no it can't
no it can't

Quote :
The sarcasm is too thick for me to understand. What are you talking about? How is it relevant to your point?
lol
denial, as expected.
it's relevant because your actual answer for these airs that you hate isn't to shoot them with the bazookas you claim are effective, but to pull out your own airs. I think this is a pretty simple point. What's so hard to understand?

Quote :
I've not even seen them being used.
i killed you with the first.

Quote :
Estes line carries those traits.

the striker rifle is not much more accurate or likely to stun than a raid rifle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:06 am

Parapara-chan is for when I want to make people's life miserable, not for killing. I have been using LBaz on various occasions with success against Air, but I despise counterpicking, Parapara-chan vs Airs yields a far more satisfying result. I prefer matching the types rather than counterpicking the types.

Even then, how is that denial? I'm not seeing the negative implication to this. Wow rev you like fighting air with air? What a fucking fag, holy geezuz.

And >raid rifle being as accurate/stunny as an este gun.

Yeah, no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:15 am

I don't recall saying you were a fag. I simply said that the builds you claim are effective have proved not to be in actual practice, and that when they were not effective you switched to airs instead.

I wasn't talking about the estes magnum, I was talking about the striker rifle, the weapon I was using that you took offense to, which has estes gun properties. Yes, the magnum stuns hard, but that isn't what I was using, and you were objecting to the weapons I were using.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:23 am

But the LBaz was shutting things down quite solidly, you just weren't around to see it. Again, I try not use LBaz too much as it is rather strong even for Beginner Room.

Besides, I was shutting Air down just fine with even a Grandum BS Desu with a Blast Baz Mod (Yggdroid was at the receiving end of that one), so yeah eh, I still have no idea what your point is.

I'll admit I am not able to differentiate the different types of Estes, but so far they feel relatively similar in terms of overall strength and potency. As with Pierce Gun and Lightning Gun, ban one, ban all, as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

I think Estes lineup is pretty much justified; the tradeoff for the ability to retain bullet strength after being hit by melee is the added cost and the weakened force. And yes, there aren't many melees around except for the Ailas, which we're totally abundant in supply.

If ever, the only stupid Estes gun around is Estes Mag, the rest is too shitty to even put to convenient use. THAT's where your ban should actually come in.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2791

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:33 am

To be honest I haven't seen a lot of Ailas and the rest of land melees are pretty much just people joking around. What I always see are Misty, Le Reve, Ion and Patty. Even with the apparently "broken" shit in the room I'd say now it's better than it was on release, when it was mb airs, muchis and cluster missiles all over the place.

Even so, I am glad they haven't unbanned Accel Saber and pierce guns yet as it just will open the floodgates of k shield hoppers and actually ruin the ruleset forever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:52 am

They aren't THAT common, but whenever one pops up, it's a god damn indotaco warp meleeing everything to death.

Can't say I've seen all that much Misty, Le Reve is fucking everywhere though. There are a few Ions, who are borderlining bannable IMHO.

I am thankful at least that there aren't more people "smart" enough to play Shino AC and Wolfguy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 am

Probably impossible, but maybe ban things that are tuned? Idk.

The main problem with Aila seems to be that she's like perfect for slow tunes. I think she might not be as bad without those.

Eventually we'll have to ban everything because we'll bump into more and more things that seem too overpowered in the beginner ruleset compared to the rest. Banning one thing might make another thing shine because of the other thing's absence. If you kinda get what I mean. ' - ';
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:03 pm

There's no "perfect" balance, but you can get pretty close to a balance that's relatively fair for everyone.

And ban tunes completely would actually be pretty good and reinforces the idea of the room being "BEGINNER" room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm pretty sure the people that frequent that room are at least Gold Heroes and up. By the time a person reaches that rank, they'd have their most used robots tuned up some. And let's not forgot some bots are usable out of the box, while others require some tuning to reach their fighting potential. Banning tuned parts is a fucking ridiculous suggestion if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:13 pm

I suppose untuned room would be a matter of things that are out-of-the-box mobile beating the snot out of things that are immobile.

Still, an untuned beginner ruleset room (REFINED ruleset) would be nice for beginner, it's quite tiring watching random guy with stock Aquila/Saggi getting their face rolled by random cuntbag in beginner rooms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Channel 3 exists for that reason. But hey, all the newbies would rather play in Channels 1 and 2, so they're bring this on themselves.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:27 pm

@reVelske wrote:
List of shit that shouldn't be in beginner room, discuss:

All Este variants
All Pierce variants
All Lightning Gun variants
Pump Bazooka
Genbu
Aila
Katalina
Muchi if he's allowed, cant for the life of me remember

you forgot pumpkin burners
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:29 pm

Diabolical wrote:
I'm pretty sure the people that frequent that room are at least Gold Heroes and up. By the time a person reaches that rank, they'd have their most used robots tuned up some. And let's not forgot some bots are usable out of the box, while others require some tuning to reach their fighting potential. Banning tuned parts is a fucking ridiculous suggestion if you ask me.
Good point, didn't really consider that.

Maybe only ban stuff like slow tunes and maybe revenge tunes. Idk, just an idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm not exactly sure why the estes gun that came with elcott is ridiculously low in cost (people say the stats are bad, but the numbers seem quite close to standard).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moghul
I understand nothing

Male Posts : 1832

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:00 pm

@beccadmgirl wrote:
I'm not exactly sure why the estes gun that came with elcott is ridiculously low in cost (people say the stats are bad, but the numbers seem quite close to standard).

when i got mine, i did a bit of research and i found a comment saying "it would be terrifying on an alpha"

not sure how reliable that comment is but i wonder what happened to that view
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Sword Gun is banned on Beginners.
Fucking why.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:19 pm

Why do people despise k-shield hoppers? I for one would be pretty happy with accel saber being unbanned seeing as there are already good hopping cores allowed. And there shouldn't be an issue with them reigning pure terror because people can just use lightning guns or aila.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Good cores, sure, but nothing comparable to Accel in terms of raw stats/tune potential.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around   

Back to top Go down

The Cosmic Pub - The Right Place to Throw Your CB Shit Around
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com