Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Genre I hate the fucking most flight and space sims weather it be a good or bad game if a game has simce Like controls I will hate it mainly due to me sucking at them.

Reason I never got into ace combat sucked ass at the game. I own strike suit zero played it once stopped playing because I sucked ass at the game won't uninstall tho going to give it another go sometime eventually. Galaxy on fire 2 hd doubt ill be play I will be playing it any more. Strike vector fuck that false advertising piece of shit uninstalling. Plus aside from that they always feel extremely slow unlike mech games you suit never has a feeling of weight it feels like you are flying a paper plane when i boost forward I should feel like a 100 tone plane or shit not a piece of paper. Gameplay is always slow in such games you fly fast but it does not feel fast due to the lack of weight.

Genre I love the most Arena shooters. They are fast paces, Can be chaotic fun. Honestly I can not explain how joyful blowing five people in a row to insta gib is just play it for yourself and see why. Rise of the triad,Quake Live,UT 2004,The original UT those are great arena shooters I recommend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Can't think of a particular genre I have specific preference to atm, I do fancy myself some classic turn-based roguelike, RTS, SRPG, fighters, classic non-cover-based-bullshit shooters (having some nice serious blast-to-the-past fun with Serious Sam HD atm, shit be fucking serious), shmups and run-'n-gun shooters.

One genre I've grown to dislike would be JRPG, same regurgitated shit, same regurgitated mechanics, same regurgitated story and characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:54 pm

@reVelske wrote:

One genre I've grown to dislike would be JRPG, same regurgitated shit, same regurgitated mechanics, same regurgitated story and characters.

I feel the same about JRPG shame because I used to like them xenogears for example was a fun game and original for its time, I might put a ps1 emulator on my phone just to play it again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:27 pm

I like puzzles and action games. (That includes shooters to some extent)

Most racing games I dislike right off the bat. Except Cosmic Break Double Downs. That was fun.
Oh and sandboxes. Those get tiresome after a few hours.
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:50 am

I love simulation/tactics games, and Visual novels if they count

I dislike fighting games but Touhou is an exception....I love that series
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raubvogel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:26 am

Like: SRPG

Hate: Sport
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:18 am

dislike: sports (if i wanna do sports, i do them and dont play them >.>)

like: everything that is fun to play
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:22 am

I imagine most people who hate sport and racing games (myself included) would be totally okay with the less realistic games of their genres, like kart racing games and... eh, stuff like NES Kunio-kun no Nekketsu series' sport games (ie. Super Dodgeball and whatnot)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

Female Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Like: Fighting games, RTS, some Shooters. I can't really mention MMORPG's here, I'm falling out of love with those quite often lately.

Dislike: Racing games, Sport games.

Can't really imagine much more atm. If it were computer gaming as a specific case ( which mostly narrows down to MMORPG, RTS, Shooters), I could only say I kinda dislike MMORPG's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 pm

I like Fighters, Platformers, and RPGs (mostly the weeaboo ones, even though the sorta have the same formula, some of them bring something slightly different to the table). I would say I dislike shooters, but I've played a few of them and thought of them as decent, so I'm 50/50 with this one. Same for Puzzle games, but there aren't as many that I so much hate, just that they might not catch my interest too much.

I dislike REALISTIC sports games. Racing games are sorta meh to me as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:03 am

I like all the games!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:12 am

I like RTS the most, then FPS. Hate casual and sport the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tuskin
Do not charge RT

Male Posts : 2792

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:36 pm

RPGs and strategies.

I have a natural dislike for platformers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:56 pm

It's not casual games that I dislike, it's the players that play them who I dislike from time to time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion

Male Posts : 11422

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:20 pm

@Tuskin wrote:
RPGs and strategies.

Mmh...what about Valkyrie Profile???

@Topic:

I really like JRPGs. Some of zem are a little bland and leave you with the feeling that you already played zem, but some of zem are really nice (Xenogears, MegaTen, etc).
I also like shmups, despite the fact that I suck dicks at zem. And point&click adventures (didn't play one in ages though). I think if I'm supposed to love the game it needs to have a style I like, be fun and have a "realistic" difficulty (I don't like it if games are too easy, but I also don't like it if I have to practise 3000 hours until I can beat ze first boss or whatever - ain't nobody got time for dat).

I guess ze genres I dislike ze most would be Beat'em'Ups, because they're too hart for me. I also absolutely detest sports games. Only exceptions are zings like ze Mario Tennis and such.

For some odd reasons I consider casual games a completely different thing, as if zey wouldn't count as video games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 pm

@Zwiebel Force wrote:
@Tuskin wrote:
RPGs and strategies.

Mmh...what about Valkyrie Profile???

@Topic:

I really like JRPGs. Some of zem are a little bland and leave you with the feeling that you already played zem, but some of zem are really nice (Xenogears, MegaTen, etc).
I also like shmups, despite the fact that I suck dicks at zem. And point&click adventures (didn't play one in ages though). I think if I'm supposed to love the game it needs to have a style I like, be fun and have a "realistic" difficulty (I don't like it if games are too easy, but I also don't like it if I have to practise 3000 hours until I can beat ze first boss or whatever - ain't nobody got time for dat).

I guess ze genres I dislike ze most would be Beat'em'Ups, because they're too hart for me. I also absolutely detest sports games. Only exceptions are zings like ze Mario Tennis and such.

For some odd reasons I consider casual games a completely different thing, as if zey wouldn't count as video games.
Who are you and where did ze hime go? D:

Hmyeah, I understand your sentiment about casualgames.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.    

Back to top Go down

Genre of gaming you like the most and Genre you hate the most.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com