Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pokemon X/Y

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:22 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
@Valkyrie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:
its not the team being easy counter, its that everyone uses this stuff constantly, gets boring no. pokebank is going to be pretty crazy once that comes out for awhile but eh, i actually haven't done any competitive battles, but i read into alot of strategies and in what i have done i've out predicted people and all that shiz. hopefully i can find people who wont just do copy paste smogom teams or flavor of the month.
Ah, I misunderstood then. OU tier is vast though, and you can use pokemon from BL and under. Some stuff might rise to OU, like Mega gardevoir (possibly), whilst other stuf might fall. Also, when you mentioned Garchomp, I thought he was banned. I'm surprised he's still considered OU. In any case I'm just going to see if I can test some builds I had in mind before going competitive.
Garchomp's sweeping potential is god-tier. And he got a mega evo that boosts (you guessed it) attack and speed.
if you mega him his new speed stat doesn't take affect until the next turn, hes probably better off with choice scarf so he can't be out sped

edit: he actually gets slower when he mega evolves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am

wut
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:41 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
wut
scarfed garchomp is click to win, mega garchomp takes some setting up before he could pull off a sweep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:42 am

Whoops, I confused the stat gains of Aerodactyl and Garchomp.

Also, holy shit, I just bought Charizardite X IG...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:44 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
Whoops, I confused the stat gains of Aerodactyl and Garchomp.

Also, holy shit, I just bought Charizardite X IG...
don't tell me you didn't max out your style so it only costed about 15,000 pokedollars?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:47 am

I understood about half of that.

However, it was 70k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:50 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
I understood about half of that.

However, it was 70k.
go to the pokeball shop in luminous and buy a tonne of premier balls one at a time, this will max out your in game style and let you buy the other mega stones that guy sells for cheaper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:56 am

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

Female Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
@Valkyrie wrote:
@IronDicks wrote:
its not the team being easy counter, its that everyone uses this stuff constantly, gets boring no. pokebank is going to be pretty crazy once that comes out for awhile but eh, i actually haven't done any competitive battles, but i read into alot of strategies and in what i have done i've out predicted people and all that shiz. hopefully i can find people who wont just do copy paste smogom teams or flavor of the month.
Ah, I misunderstood then. OU tier is vast though, and you can use pokemon from BL and under. Some stuff might rise to OU, like Mega gardevoir (possibly), whilst other stuf might fall. Also, when you mentioned Garchomp, I thought he was banned. I'm surprised he's still considered OU. In any case I'm just going to see if I can test some builds I had in mind before going competitive.
Garchomp's sweeping potential is god-tier. And he got a mega evo that boosts (you guessed it) attack and speed.
Tsk tsk tsk, you misunderstood. What I meant was, that I can't believe he's not banned yet. He was banned together with Excadrill because they were broken. It's sweeping potential wrecks teams. I can't believe anyone would think that Garchomp would fall to lower tiers, he's not Flygon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 am

@Valkyrie wrote:
@KidGlitch wrote:
@Valkyrie wrote:
Tsk tsk tsk, you misunderstood. What I meant was, that I can't believe he's not banned yet. He was banned together with Excadrill because they were broken. It's sweeping potential wrecks teams. I can't believe anyone would think that Garchomp would fall to lower tiers, he's not Flygon.
i think garchomp was banned with its normal ability Sand Veil due to evasion, its hidden rough skin is fair play i'm pretty sure, same with excadrill
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 am

I can't believe Tyranitar isn't in Uber. That attack stat is obscene, and the only reason he's not beating the hell out of everyone and their mother is because of his Fighting weakness. Plus, his ability can lift his Sp. Defense into the neighborhood of 600, meaning Aura Sphere (the most ubiquitous Fighting-type move in Uber IMO) is only moderately effective, even with it's quadruple damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 am

@KidGlitch wrote:
I can't believe Tyranitar isn't in Uber. That attack stat is obscene, and the only reason he's not beating the hell out of everyone and their mother is because of his Fighting weakness. Plus, his ability can lift his Sp. Defense into the neighborhood of 600, meaning Aura Sphere (the most ubiquitous Fighting-type move in Uber IMO) is only moderately effective, even with it's quadruple damage.
you can drop him easy, most fighting types would use physical attack, not to mention everything pretty much carries earthquake, as a special wall he could run assult vest and end up with double spdef in sandstorms but you'll have to get him out at the first sign of a physical attack, not to mention having no regeneration is bad for anything trying to be defensive.

hes tough but slow and easy to kill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:48 pm

@KidGlitch wrote:
It has more checks than Garchomp and gained a weakness now. The King of OU's throne is getting more and more uncomfortable, but he still sits on it. Not to mention he'd be BL at worst, since he wrecks lower tiers with his stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:58 pm

Let's get mad over smogonbird and M-kanga / M-gengar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Togekiss is a hard wall against Garchomp, unless it has stone edge. The #1 missed move I use constantly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Stone Edge does not have 80% accuracy. It is actually 50%. They're lying to everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I never understood why my Horn Drills always hit, and my Stone Edges always miss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:01 pm

Wow, 1-hit KO moves. What a cool kid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 pm

What, I can't use Lock-On Smeargle to farm EXP at E4?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:24 pm

High Roller Sushi for life
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:31 pm

Not stylish enough yet, lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 pm

Watch out it cost 500,000 if your not stylish enough. It costs 450,000 if your stylish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:59 pm

I'll be sticking with Le Wow, then, I usually come out with a 100K+ profit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valkyrie
Master Poster
Master Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:54 am

@exoakutsu wrote:
Togekiss is a hard wall against Garchomp, unless it has stone edge. The #1 missed move I use constantly.
Except that Garchomps have Iron head/Poison Jab...And Togekiss won't like taking that. Togekiss does stop a lot of Garchomp sets, but Garchomp fears certain scarfers and Ice shard more.

You actually want to WoW chomp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:47 pm

I haven't seen many poison jab or iron head chomps because its usually the scarf or sub set. I have seen toxic on wall chomps though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y   

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X/Y
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com