Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Persuasion Speech, help! x.x

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion Speech, help! x.x   Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 am

@Feign wrote:
Pretty much follow those guidelines I posted the link to earlier. Those are what the teacher will be looking for while grading. The format is what separates a persuasive paper from a rant (or a diatribe, monologue, debate note, etc.). One paragraph intro, including thesis, at least two thick paragraphs with supporting statements and references, and a conclusion with a restatement of the thesis.

Trying to cram in more or worrying about it looking too plain will just make it more complicated than it needs to be.

EDIT: bloody hell, I thought you wanted tips on a persuasive essay rather than a persuasive speech! You want to have something like the bare bones of an essay, make cards with little reminders of each part of it, and just use those. If the teacher wants notes and such, turn in the semi-essay with those. Make sure you have your speech done at least a full day before you have to give the speech. You want that thing in your head as you go to sleep the night before.

Do not try to write the speech word for word on the cards, just reminders. and don't just bring a printout of the script up with you. Nothing kills giving a speech like having to read paragraphs of text aloud in front of people. It may feel like you're missing something, but that's okay. Missing one or two facts and speaking in a natural and engaged voice is vastly preferable to having every fact and delivering like a sleep-inducing drone.

Did I forget to mention that we're not allowed any reading material of any kind when giving out speech. ^^" I'll make a powerpoint for it which will help if I forget what I'm talking about. (Which I probably will. xD)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion Speech, help! x.x   Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:50 pm

Write the kanji for person on your hand, and eat it beore you go in to do the speech. It helps, according to japanese people,
Back to top Go down
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion Speech, help! x.x   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 pm

Did my speech this morning. xD
I wasn't long enough like I thought but oh well.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persuasion Speech, help! x.x   

Back to top Go down

Persuasion Speech, help! x.x
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum