Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:54 pm

http://dragonica.iahgames.com/site/default.aspx

You register, DL the huge ass game, hope the installer does not corrupt (you'll get a patching error otherwise if it got messed up), and then pick a server (each with a recommended rank), before you you finally create a character of 1 of 4 classes.

You can edit the hair style/face/hair color and gender of your character, aside from obviously the name of the character.

You have:

Warrior Magician Archer Thief
Knight Acolyte Hunter Jester
Gladiator Battlemage Ranger Assassin

It's a bit of a grind fest through the entire game, but it rewards you as you grind, with item chests. The more you grind, the closer you get to obtaining the next treaure chest reward, and your kills from the prior chest count towards your efforts to the next chest, til you hit 1000 kills and it resets back to the first chest requiring 100 kills.

I put about 8 hours into it, I dunno what I'm doing wrong, I'm only lvl 10 and I haven't gotten past the first main quest.

It's an alright game, and probably better if I take the time to get through this first main quest. Eventually I can get a house, and some other things I have yet to even get far enough to get involved in.

It is F2P with cash shop, like most MMOs are these days. You might like it, especially being that it uses keyboard almost exclusively for everything important.

My only gripe is I didn't know I could move while talking to NPCs, so I could attack them while in NPC talk. It was a little dissettling to say the least.

Give it a try if you find it interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm

already played this game before CB OBT1, and well.... it gets REALLY boring after a while playing.
unless you manage to get some pplz to play with, you'll be stuck with killing low level mobs, as the bosses are somewhat WAY stronger than normal mobs. and you require to kill the bosses to progress (actually not).

This aside, there is a fun title system, you can obtain various titles by doing all kind of stuff: changing class in less than 1 day, lvling up, doing a boss quest without being hit, dieing 1000 times, and so on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:26 pm

I'll check it out, but can't promise I'll be playing it long. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf Hikari
Weak Veteran

Male Posts : 2980

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 am

It's been a while I played this. And usually with my **********
I am using Thief. (*Scratch Scratch! I like scratching! Twisted Evil )

Moreover it a THIEF! It's fast! Nice combo attack! Yeah! Rocket Launcher!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sean
[Design Team]
[Design Team]

Male Posts : 965

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:41 am

Me and my friend stayed up late so that we could register when it first came out to make sure we got a spot in the close beta test. I have to say I got bored of it a couple days later. It really is a grind fest and it's heavily reliant on combos. Better combo = more exp. I mean sure most games with combo make it so you get more exp with better combos but in this game you get really bad exp if you don't get good combos. >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xlythe.com
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Me and my friend stayed up late so that we could register when it first came out to make sure we got a spot in the close beta test. I have to say I got bored of it a couple days later. It really is a grind fest and it's heavily reliant on combos. Better combo = more exp. I mean sure most games with combo make it so you get more exp with better combos but in this game you get really bad exp if you don't get good combos. >.<

Exactly.. and I found that the hard way.. and I was only good at comboing with the thief.. a class I didn't even like playing >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

@Dune wrote:
Sean24 wrote:

Exactly.. and I found that the hard way.. and I was only good at comboing with the thief.. a class I didn't even like playing >_<

actually, the swordman is the easiest to combo... but i always play archer... the worst to combo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
113Kyote
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 pm

I would've enjoyed playing Dragonica if it weren't for the fact that my computer didn't meet the correct memory requirements T.T Downloaded it. Tried attacking enemies on the intro stage. Attack button wouldn't work. Couple other buttons wouldn't work either x.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Wow... now we have enough people to write a complaint letter. Laughing

Yeah, I haven't even played it in the past few days since I know I'm likely going to have to grind to get through where I'm at.

Kyote, that is entirely strange the buttons didn't work. Which reminds me how awkward it was to use A Z X C and the D-Pad for the majority of the movements.

It's an interesting game at first, just there are a few painfully obvious areas where the game could improve and not suck so much. =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
113Kyote
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:42 pm

@ChaosOmni wrote:
Wow... now we have enough people to write a complaint letter. Laughing

Yeah, I haven't even played it in the past few days since I know I'm likely going to have to grind to get through where I'm at.

Kyote, that is entirely strange the buttons didn't work. Which reminds me how awkward it was to use A Z X C and the D-Pad for the majority of the movements.

It's an interesting game at first, just there are a few painfully obvious areas where the game could improve and not suck so much. =/

Yeah I just assumed it was because I was downloading a game that required like 3GB or something like that and I only had 2Gb on my Desktop at the time. Although I could.'t use the attack feature even if I changed controls (Ex-My item button worked fine,switched that with attck, i still couldnt attack) Funny thing is the enemie wolves could atttack me just fine -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf Hikari
Weak Veteran

Male Posts : 2980

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 am

Duh.. Doesn't anyone using thief other than me? O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this   

Back to top Go down

Dragonica - Dark Cloud + Klonoa = this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Make a forum | Video games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com