Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 6:45 am

Decided with the discussion going on with the previous thread, dead or not, I'd make another thread with the next guide visible on the front page instead of the middle of some random page number. As with the previous thread, every part listed here is either entirely UC or is in the RT shop and none of these builds require any garapon rolling whatsoever.

Umbrella On Everything

Breakdown

Seriously, Aqua Parasol is retardedly good. Whether you're COMPLETELY new, been around for a while, have RT or not, there's ways to use this item regardless. Okay on ARTs, good on AIRs and great on LNDs, people should be getting like a billion of these with their angel coins right now... seriously. Right nao. Go. And people should start using it more on LNDs... seriously why all the AIR use? It's definitely extremely good on AIRs too but I guess LND is too associated with melee for most peoples tastes... I digress.

General (Land):
Spoiler:

General (Air):
Spoiler:

New person friendly (Land):
Spoiler:

New person friendly (Air):
Spoiler:

Silly tryhard mode; good luck, you'll probably outlive your weapon anyways:
Spoiler:

Core:

Common/Best Choices: Renny Lop 120 Rt, Zero Saber Custom 40 Rt, Beetlander 50 Rt, Pawnger, Lazflamme, HD Crimrose, Seraph Crimrose (original), Seraph Crimrose HD, ALE Crimrose
Renny Lop is an amazing hopper. She has pretty much all the carts you can ever need, great stats and good melee though a tad gimmicky melee. She has all the hop carts as well as Stun Regain, Broad Radar, Tough Runner and Anti Slow; pretty much every option a hopper could ever want. Pawnger, Lazflamme and Zero Saber Custom all do essentially the same job, which is have all the hop carts and get to the needed stats easily, though all in different ways. Pawnger can be considered the lowest cost of the bunch with Lazflamme barely behind and is a "moebot" alternative, while Zero Saber Custom is the only of the three to offer Broad Radar. If you wish to use the weapon on an Air, Seraph Crimrose and HD Crimrose are both extremely good choices. HD Crimrose comes with the ability to get Air Loop as well as Accel Roll, both amazing move cartridges are is generally out of reach for UC players. I seriously think people need to play her more and this is one of the ways to do it. Seraph has always had good stats along with the ever frustrating and amazing Seraph Wings sub as well as Seraph Tackle for dodging... or use HD Seraph! Not as easy to get but pretty much better in almost every way. Wings activate faster, can get Broad Radar and Seraph Nova for daaaays.

Good Choices: HD Jikun Long 100 Rt, Misty (any) 40-70 Rt, Ritter Lazflame 60 Rt, School Ion, Mecha Jetter, Butterflea X 50 Rt
HD Jikun Long comes with free Quick Land, can hop, and with enough practice can escape situations with her subweapon teleport that are otherwise inescapable with most bots. Jikun is a pretty bad melee bot as the meta stands, but the subweapon still covers an incredible amount of distance, and the locked LGs allow for good displacing against non-melee lnds and arts given the fact that it finishes by launching your opponent in the air, making an easy shooting target. Misty's subweapon blocking out all projectiles will always have it's place regardless if you're the original or Sin. Sin can exit mist attacking with a slow, while regular exits mist attacking with a part breaking strike. Unless you're a fan of Swimsuit, it might be best to stray away from it due to it's heavy emphasis on str, something this build needs none of. If you don't have the motor skills to avoid heavier melee, given that you SHOULD be at range with an Aqua Parasol it should be easy to quickly book it when melees are visible, and get free damage when they're not. Ritter Lazflamme, while stats are geared much worse then regular Lazflamme, is a moe vanilla bot that has broadradar and the only vanilla moe LND with hop carts I could find with it available to UC players. Butterflea has retarded good stats and is perhaps the best S-sized gimmickless vanilla air in existence. School Ion, with water can or not, has good hopping carts (no Quick Jump, but Stun Regain and Tough Runner), Clearance for yourself and everyone around you, and a decent core weapon that you can use when not on cooldown. I'd consider her for a tier up if I was more familiar with her, but I haven't used her much personally. One big noteworthy thing about Ion in general is that the subweapon "refuel water" on her watering can (NOT the LG subweapon) makes Aqua Parasols AoE much larger when it lands.

Working Choices: Zero Saber Girl, Zero Saber, Kagetama, Ouka Dayu, Almost every Air in shop not mentioned, All Shop Jikuns Not Mentioned 0-60 rt, Mecha Jetter Girl
These choices are still fine and will compete well enough, but should only be used if you happen to be a fan of the bot and really want to make use for it or you're incredibly in tune with one of these and would feel more comfortable on it, given the other choices are blatantly better pretty much by numbers. Most all other S airs can get the job done, but either lack a good gimmick to make it work better then others or don't have stats that match up to Butterfleas. Other Jikuns don't come with free quick land and have tighter capa then HD Long. Mecha Jetter Girl, Kagetama, Ouka Dayu, Zero Saber and Zero Saber Girl all have gimmicks that range from poor to nearly useless for this build or in general but can still hop and get good stats. Arts have no redeeming qualities at all over Airs and Lnds besides the weapons and locked parts that are exclusive to them. This weapon is not one of them and you'd be doing yourself a huge favor not using an Art. I was going to list a few if you absolutely MUST use an art, but I removed it considering if you're that determined to stick a Aqua Parasol on your Lily Rain, this guide isn't going to change your mind.

Cheesecake Tier: Beezle A, Sword Wing, Froglander
If you want your bots to be super low cost and use this as a gimmick, these are the best choices.

I probably forgot a handful of cores, so don't shoot me if I did.

HD:
Lands: Froglander HD, Victory FB HD, Pacifar HD, Cannon Baller HD, Cosmo Kaiser HD, Mechled HD, Locomotive X HD, Vulder HD, Geminion HD2, Neon Neos HD
Froglander is your best bet 90% of the time if you are making efficient tunes and have the slots for them, such as beta tunes, stat+life tunes such as tank or EX tunes. Others are good alternatives and can range from better in very particular instances, to just a good substitute.

Airs: Mach Knight HD2, Sword Wing HD2, Victory FB HD, Accel Saber HD, Mechled HD, Vector HD, Amateus HD2, Garulabird HD, Geminion HD2, Vanguard HD, Froglander HD
Mach Knight and Accel Saber HDs are a dime a dozen and are both great and effective with their stat placement. Sword Wing HD2 can be considered the best so long as you don't have to work around the 2 slot limitation and losing 1 str. Froglander HD is an option, but is best reserved for bots using a lot of betas and ex tunes, or bots with low capa.

Accessories:
Anything that gives a +2 in stats you can use (etc: 5 capa 1 wlk on a LND, 1 tec 5 HP on anything, 1 fly 1 tec on a air, etc). If you're trying to achieve a certain look, try not to dip below +1, and don't sacrifice a slot if you are in need of it.

LG:
Lands: Sword Wing LG2, Ace Braver LG, Connie Sheriff LG, Crabberoid, Sandworm LG, Froglander LG, Mechled LG
If you are having a hard time keeping str or fly above 1, Ace Braver LG might not be the LG for you. Sandworm has the biggest hitbox, but is the most stat efficient, so it's generally not the best choice unless you have a HP stacking and/or high tgh build in mind. The other LGs are just all around good choices, Froglander being the best if you have the ability to use all your slots and capa on your bot.

Airs: Crimrose LG, Seraph Crimrose LG, ALE Crimrose LG, Bloom Mariah LG, Froglander LG, Build Arm LG, Lazflamme LG, Patty Lop LG
The Crim and Bloom variant LGs generally get the job done, but if you find yourself with lots of extra slots and the stats to tune beta flys and tec, they are not the best. Froglander LGs are stupid efficient, and even if you're not counting the walk give you twice as much as the cost is asking for. If you have a ton of capa and can't get enough slots to use it all, Lazflamme LGs allow to get another booster, which means more slots and more of the stat that's actually good on AIRs; rarely the best choice, but if your bot cannot use a booster and you absolutely need more slots, it can be. Patty Lop LGs achieve the same thing as Lazflamme LGs, but can prove to be harder to get a pair and may or may not be better for your specific build.

BS:
Lands: Froglander BS, Ace Braver BS, Tycoon Butak BS, Shino Exroad BS, Connie Sheriff BS, Accel Saber BS, Pawnger BS
Nine times out of ten, Froglander is going to be the best BS you can use period. If you need more tough, Ace Braver can do the job but if you happen to have Tycoon BS it does the job better and more efficiently. Both Shino Exroad and Accel Saber BS are good, but not all too efficient; use only if you don't have enough slots to sink all your capa in your planned build. Connie BS is very efficient and is probably going to be the one time left out of ten you could do best. Pawnger BS offers more health if you need to sink a little bit of capa over Froglander BS.

Airs: Beezle BS, Tentrion BS, Crescent Saint BS, Souljeter BS, Brickgale BS
I'm probably missing a fair amount here so feel free to suggest what can be added here. Brickgale BS in general is great if you need fast take offs. If you have the slots to tune, Beezle BS is best in theory by far. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way, but if you can use it, do it. If you need more tgh Tentrion is a great BS while Crescent Saint BS is good all around.

AM:
Lands: Dikaros AM, Ghost Rider AM, Build Arm AM, Tarantulic AM, Accel Saber AM, Beezle AM, Nicole Malice AM2, Jikun AM
Jikun and Nicole Malice, while probably not the best choices, are the best "moe" arms you can use if you want to retain looks and not make your humanoid bot look ridiculous. Tarantulic and Build Arm can be considered the best if you have multiple slots to efficiently tune out the rest of your capa, but that might not always be the case. Use what works best with your build.

Airs: Cross Raptor AM, Raystag AM, Tentrion AM, Tarantulic AM, Accel Saber AM, Ghost Raider AM, Air Raider AM, Build Arm AM, Crimrose AM, Lily Rain AM
Same shit different paragraph, use what is best according to your build. Ghost Rider holds your gun closest to your core, which many have claimed give better aim and the AM is efficient as well. Give it a try and see what you think if you have a hard time hitting stuff. Crimrose and Lily Rain arms are pretty bad compared to pretty much everything else listed, but if you absolutely must have arms that match your humanoid bot without making the bot look awful, these would be the AMs to use.

Weapon Tunes:
I have to admit I haven't experimented much in this field in terms of how well the weapon stuns and so on, but I do know that an Aqua Parasol has 570 speed and 390 range out of the box as well as a decent sized projectile. Speed tunes are not necessary and if you can't hit things with this weapon then you can't hit anything and you might as well grab a Vector Eagle out of the shop or practice some manual aiming in arena until you get the hang of it. If you have very high tec and some free capa left over, force can be a great way to go. The philosophy too much speed does not exist is many peoples, and perhaps tuning your Parasol for more speed is something you'd like to do. If anyone has a good idea on the Paralyze rates and if tuning Paralyze on this weapon is a good idea, I'd be glad to know. If you're outlasting your weapon consistently every match, you can of course tune for ammo. All and all though, I think you're fine off also tuning needed stats on the weapon as well if you find the Parasol works fine out of the box for you.

Other Stuff:

Notable Tunes: Crimson Veil is good in this meta both for melees and airs. Every single explosive in the game can stun you, and it can mean the difference between getting bazooka locked, or flying away with your life. Not mandatory by any means, but is quite useful on most air builds. This can also be good on Land but is is not quite as sought after as it is for airs. Clearance can also be useful to invest in for a free All Guard and preventing things like Slow Turn, Bad Booster, Slow, Burning, etc, but is definitely more so a luxury then something that people would ever consider needed.

Use High Beta tunes as much as possible, but don't tank a mobility stat (fly or walk) below 1. If you want to use a wonder bit such as propeller bit, don't allow your str to go below 1. If wonder bits aren't important to you at all, feel free to tank your str far below that maximizing beta tunes. I wouldn't suggest this for airs given the range of your weapon to keep your bit safe and the power of propeller bits, but it is easy to get away with in nearly any Land build and is a matter of preference as well as the bot and parts you're using. If you are a LND get AT LEAST 30 wlk, this is the final hopping break point. 32 is a running break point and is a better place to stop at, but 30 is the only MANDATORY number here unless you're making an extremely cheap cost build. 36 is the last wlk break point, while it's generally unnecessary to go past 32, if you decide to there is really no reason to breach 36. For Airs, you want to try to get 38 fly whenever you can and make that a priority; your tec and carts don't matter if you're dead because you can't avoid anything. 34 and 31 are acceptable, especially on lower cost bots were this is more difficult but 38 is the best you can do.

Carts: For lands Short Boost is the only mandatory cart if you're hopping, but many other carts can increase your survivability tenfold. Quick Land allows the delay from Short Boosting again from the time of landing to be shorter, while Quick Jump makes your hops larger, making it more difficult to aim at you. Quick Boost grants you faster boost recovery which allows more hopping, but is often not necessary and is definitely a luxury that most builds don't necessarily need. Tough Runner prevents you from being stunned as often (this does include while hopping) while Stun Regain heals you when you have been stunned, both very good carts for hopping. Blast Guard is generally a higher priority then Sword Guard if you learn to keep your distance from melee bots, but guard carts should never be gotten over things such as Quick Land and Quick Jump, which help you not take damage in the first place. Broad Radar to this day is still the most underrated cart period, if you can get it without sacrificing an important cart or capa needed to tune to a certain break point then for the love of god please do so. Sway and Assault Step are both carts you can build around instead of hopping, but I do not recommend them at all to people who didn't already plan on using them in the first place and know how to use them well. They're generally not as effective as hopping minus very rare exceptions.

For Airs Quick Boost becomes a much more important cart. An air on the ground is a dead air and you want to spend as little time on it as possible. Float Dash is also a great cart and allows you to quickly get out of melee range as well as back into the air. Hopping is also possible on airs, but is not as effective as lands and should be done only if you know what you're doing. Same rules with Guards and Broad Radar on lands apply to airs as well, AKA Broad Radar is always great when you can fit it in, and mobility carts that allow you to not get hit in the first place is better then reducing damage you shouldn't have taken.

Anti-Burning and Fast Recovery are all great carts to consider. Anti-Burning will get you some awesome 40 fly hops without flying around like an idiot on lands and allow to properly get away or in battle on airs, turning it into a speed buff instead of an annoyance... it seems like bots shit fire pillars these days. Fast Recovery is all around good for both lands and airs, including for combating burning and should be considered tied against Broad Radar as a next priority cart after mobility carts and capacity.

Last edited by Kitouski on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.kito.winterwing.com
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 7:34 am

Lol guide all about Parasoul.

Should mention Renny gets BR too. The fact you only mention ZSC to have it there in that paragraph is a bit misleading.

I just skimmed it though kind of tired to do a complete work up, will do it later when I have a chance.

Nice work as usual kito.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 3:00 pm

welcome to umbrellas ages.

seriously, this parasol more op than flap jack am@.
because you can tune this parasol with more forces and ammo.

flap jack Am@ cannot be tuned and thats why C$ give a lot forces.

but now flap jack AM@ HAVE  Rival......ITS A UMBREELLA !!!!!.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 pm

Somewhat of an update?: Having not given airs a serious swing personally with an Aqua Parasol and just assuming everyone doing it was right, I decided to tune an HD Crimrose from nothing to full to play it on an air so I could actually be accurate in my guide and not assume things. One thing I can say about Aqua Parasol on an air is either it's just me, or it's a tad bit harder to aim then on a land. Nothing huge at all, but it is a little annoying to work with. Otherwise seems just as good as I assumed it was. Starting with the fact that this took no slot protectors or RT harmonics to accomplish this:

Spoiler:

Seriously, if anyone complains about broken things in arena, both of the "new person friendly" builds are exceptionally easy to build and effective, the Jikun Long is what I've been rocking since the day Aqua Parasol. The bar of entry for this build is extraordinarily low and can go quite high if you wish to. Between videos, offer sites, charging and contests, I probably have 1,000$ invested into my account and I do about as good on a HD Jikun Long with an Aqua Parasol as any of my other bots.

I hate when people post "look how good I did" screenshots, but here I go, posting screenshots of the first couple of matches I played right after tuning the Lv0 Crimrose and alternating with the Jikun Long HD build at the top:

Spoiler:

I'd like to point out that the entire purpose of me doing these guides, and me intending to continue doing these guides is everyone bitches, day in and day out, "Eris is OP, it's so stupid, RT charging fags, keep charging and roll your alphasluts hurrrr." Instead of focusing on things within the players power, it's whatever keeps the individual not a victim. Power creep plagues this game, but what plagues this game more is a shitty community not willing to try anything until it kills them and they can't have it, then it's OP regardless of what it is.

@ngelicdark wrote:
Should mention Renny gets BR too.

I did mention she has Broad Radar in the very first sentences about her... then later down the line when no longer talking about Renny and talking about the three vanilla choices seperate from Renny it says, "Zero Saber Custom is the only of the three to offer Broad Radar." (referring to ZSC, Pawnger and Lazflamme) so maybe it's a bit confusing when skimmed through, but it's written right. xD;
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:50 am

uh
i looked for it and didn't see it in the section I thought it would be in
but I thought it should be mentioned that the umbrella benefits from Ion's water buff thing to gain increased AoE.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:34 am

Well, good thing i grabbed 3 umbrellas already lol.. Ready to make an Umbrella Commando xB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 am

@Winty wrote:
uh
i looked for it and didn't see it in the section I thought it would be in
but I thought it should be mentioned that the umbrella benefits from Ion's water buff thing to gain increased AoE.
Was aware of this but gotta be honest, I didn't think too hard on it considering only School Ion is available outside of garapon, but RT School Ion has the can to use this so fuck me and my excuses. I'll get this added, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Finished tuning. Total damages, having to junk and reput together the bot on the very first tune starting this, breaking the first 1s Buckler I tried tuning and a Sylvia's Chocolate for the first tune on the Aqua Parasol because I would've hated to break it. If people don't want to tune, that's totally cool... but if people don't want to tune AND complain about arena, this is probably the simplest bot I've ever tuned since I've been playing this game. The builds are out there. Even if this one isn't ground shatteringly amazing it's an example of what people can do instead of complain... sorry if I'm coming off as ranting (because I totally am) but people will say the craziest shit to justify the silliest things. God knows there are players better then me, (who don't overextend like a moron in 1/4th of their games) but I'm just hoping this paints a picture for new people to improve themselves and learn the game before dismissing this game as a pay to do absolutely anything at all game if someone is actually new and reading this.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:22 am

@Kitouski wrote:

Common/Best Choices: Renny Lop 120 Rt, Zero Saber Custom 40 Rt, Pawnger, Lazflamme, HD Crimrose, Seraph Crimrose (original), Seraph Crimrose HD, ALE Crimrose, Pacifar, Accel Saber, Beetlander, Blitzelt(specifically the BS itself on any Aura air)

Good Choices: HD Jikun Long 100 Rt, Misty (any) 40-70 Rt, Ritter Lazflame 60 Rt, School Ion, Butterflea X 50 Rt, Mecha Jetter

Working Choices: Zero Saber Girl, Zero Saber, Kagetama, Ouka Dayu, Almost every Air in shop not mentioned, All Shop Jikuns Not Mentioned 0-60 rt, Mecha Jetter Girl

I'd really be more picky with what you add to this list. I'm sure you want to have plenty of options, but honestly I would not put half of these in the "best" category. Pawnger,  Seraph/Seraph HD, Accel Saber, Pacifar, Blitzelt BS airs, and Lazflamme for example are all I'd really say are worth using out of that list. Not that the other cores aren't good, but 120 RT (Renny for example) for something that the 50 RT Beetlander or UC Lazflamme does aswell doesn't seem really right for a guide focused on being low budget.

Essentially the other cores just don't give as much bang for their actual buck, so it's kind of hard to suggest them for a budget-oriented build IMO.

I crossed out cores I really can't say I'd ever suggest and added ones that were missing in bold. For example, Ouka Dayu was crossed out because while she technically "works", 100 RT for a gunner that doesn't bring much to the table compared to other UC cores even doesn't seem fitting to add to a budget guide.

There's a few parts in the list I'd say don't deserve to be in a budget guide either (such as Vanguard HD). I'd really say for something budget oriented you want Rt spending to be very very very minimal, only bringing it into the equation for bots or parts that radically would affect the build, such as Misty BD for Mist abuse or Pacifar BD for a drastically better core.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:48 am

Pacifar, Accel Saber and Beetlander could have a place somewhere on the list. I wanted to resist putting M cores on the list in general, but those are all good suggestions I didn't think of. I don't quite remember how compact Pacifar or Accel Saber is, but I'll just look in game and add them when they're probably fine. Blitzelt BS is a really good suggestion thought given what it actually offers over other combinations. Mecha Jetter is on par with Butterflea and is practically as small as him so he's a fair add.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree on pretty much every single cross out.

HD Jikun (Jikuns in general) have so much bad rep that I think people forgot that their teleport kick is pretty much an unmatched escape for bots in general short of things like Jet Accel BS if the kick is actually used right. HD Jikun also pushes much higher capa then the predecessors, comes with free Quick Land, is 3s no matter how you get her and free to new users. I'm sure I could find the thread were Sugu (because everyone seems to listen to him) compared both Mecha Jetter and Butterflea in terms of efficiency, offering small differences that didn't make one a better choice then the other. HD Crimrose, ALE Crimrose and Zero Saber Custom seem just silly not to have... I don't even know how to begin to go into why I disagree without just quoting the guide.

Removing bots that are more expensive because cheaper ones do the same job is a pretty bad argument. If you rolled a Eris would you stop using Ouka like you do now? If your answer is no, then it's because you enjoy Ouka herself, and if your answer is yes, you're a tool lol. If someone said, "you got Eris? Scrap that Ouka, look at my Eris guide!" it would be borderline infuriating, at least for me. Granted these are two completely different bots.

Now, in THIS case were the job isn't that different, Renny Lop does as good or slightly better or worse (depending on how you build and use her) then the ones you compared them too, as you said. With that in mind, every single one of these bots are all using the same weapon, so long as the stats and cost make sense, it shouldn't matter. People who would like to use Renny in general should know Renny is a high tier hopper. Those who want a high tier hopper on a budget without paying 120 Rt will see Lazflamme and Pawnger are on the same list. Rt costs are listed by those that cost Rt, by simply removing them from the list it's farther pidgeon holing people into telling them what's important or not to them; that logic is pretty much what makes guides were a person posts a single build in a thread called "Aqua Parasol Lazflamme!" were the choices are already made for you and no one can relate or learn from it because they don't want to build a Lazflamme and skip over it. It essentially goes ignored or becomes a e-pen ground for comparing cosmiccalcs because they're not talking about their choice of the build, or what they can learn or the point of the build. This guide isn't to tell people what to play, it's to let them know what works and what their options are. People shut out and stop listening when instead of making a guide you tell them what to play. If someone wants to spent the extra 120 Rt for a Renny just so they're Renny, I'm all for it. This isn't to say I know we're you're coming from, it's just that it's not a guide anymore if I don't give the information as it is and instead go, "DOES EVERYONE KNOW I LIKE JIKUNS A LOT? USE THIS JIKUN BUILD AND PLAY IT LIKE THIS. LOOK AT WHAT I DO ON ONE. THIS IS HOW I DID IT." because most people just don't give a damn regardless of how much I would love to.

Bots, for example Ouka Dayu, exist in Working Choices because if someone wants to build an Ouka Dayu, it works as you said. Taken word for word from the section, "but should only be used if you happen to be a fan of the bot and really want to make use" of them. Never did it say it was worth 100 Rt for the build, but if Ouka Dayu is appealing to a player then both me and you agree that they have that option to make that bot work with this build and it's worth it to them if they enjoy using it. This applies to everything in the Working Choices.

A lot was panned out for what people may or may nto have laying around, and a lot of RT parts weren't included for that reason... though Vanguard is a pretty popular bot and a lot of people have parts of it laying around whether they're mostly UC or not. If someone has bought a Vanguard in the past and likes the look of the HD, it's more then an acceptable HD. Very few RT parts were suggested over UC parts, and never was it a definite thing. It's simply an option if they have them.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:10 am

Renny provides additional utility compared to beetlander in exchange for decreased durability, and has a higher upper cost ceiling than lazflamme that she can use to get higher stats with. I fail to see how this makes her not worth listing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:13 am

@Winty wrote:
Renny provides additional utility compared to beetlander in exchange for decreased durability, and has a higher upper cost ceiling than lazflamme that she can use to get higher stats with. I fail to see how this makes her not worth listing.
^ And that. Why oh why do I fail to post a point this size. I feel like I point at your shit more then I should.

(ILU Winty)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 am

i have two modes: 2 sentence explanation and 2 book explanation.
I try to use the first one as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

To actually contribute this time, a few parts I think would be worth adding:

Vulder HD and Neon Neos HD to the Land HD section, Build Arm to the Air AM section (you have it in the land section, though it does well on air cores who don't have enough walk to get fly with aswell), Sol Jetter BS to the Air BS section, Mechled HD to all of the HD sections, Locomotive X HD to any/all HD sections, Paraboid HD to any/all HD sections, Centaur X HD to any/all HD sections, Geminion HD2 to any/all HD sections (especially LND HD, it's 2 tec 2 walk 2 fly), Garulabird HD to Air HD sections, Geminion AM, and probably a lot of others.

Most of these are UC and those that aren't are in the shop for 100- RT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Added nearly all of those, good suggestions I missed.

I'm gonna edit the post later to include what the Rt cost is for the bots that parts come from rather then just the Rt cost on cores, and double check emphasis that nearly all UC parts are as good or better without making the thing wordier then it already is.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Just out of curiosity, does the water gatling have any special effects with School Ion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:37 am

@Kid Glitch

None. WG only has that buff when you reload it in water/lava.

@Kito You should also post about the weapons in the summer ticket gara too. Gale Scythe is insanely great(even though I accidentally killed myself using it). Pierce Gun and Blast Railgun has me drooling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2365

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 am

Actually I could do some split/merge tricks to bring your post to the top of the guide.
Having multiple threads works pretty well anyway.

Put up something like a table of contents and I will request a sticky for it.

EDIT: I'm still following your "Quit Doing That" guide. ;_;

Last edited by blead on Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 pm

@blead wrote:
Actually I could do some split/merge tricks to bring your post to the top of the guide.
Having multiple threads work pretty well anyway.

Put up something like a table of contents and I will request a sticky for it.
That would actually be pretty awesome if there was a way to reserve the first couple few posts actually, ended up making a new thread because I figured no attention would be gotten at all if I made a book-sized post in the middle of the 5th page of a completely different guide on the first post. It'd give me one thing to point someone to at least, lol. .-. I'll see about mocking up a table of contents in a wee bit.

@StickyKeys wrote:
@Kito You should also post about the weapons in the summer ticket gara too. Gale Scythe is insanely great(even though I accidentally killed myself using it). Pierce Gun and Blast Railgun has me drooling.
As soon as I saw Pierce Gun alone hit it, it pretty much became mandatory to write something on them, lul. I could probably do a thing on Blast Railgun too, but the general conciseness with a lot of players is that item sucks because the general playing population can't aim anything which worries me. I've never owned a Gale Scythe unfortunately but I've heard nothing but how awesome it is so I'm sure that'll change immediately after getting one or I see which friend of mine has an account I can't ride for a bit and try one on, lol. Even Bikini Monica doesn't seem bad at all.

@blead wrote:
EDIT: I'm still following your "Quit Doing That" guide. ;_;
Good times. :v
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Pierce gun on everything. And umbrella on everything that doesn't pierce gun. Top scores every time!

Pretty much sums up the entire game there. Except for supports ;_; sniff
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yokura.deviantart.com/
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:01 pm

But only lands have access to pierce gun, and how long do you think CS is going to let us farm for Gara-tier weaponry for free?

I'd rather get the guaranteed umbrella for 2.5x the cost of possibly getting a 1s Pierce Gun
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Like I said, Umbrella on everything that isn't a pierce gun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:39 pm

the weapons serve different roles
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:48 pm

@Winty wrote:
the weapons serve different roles
Totally different roles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:37 am

General (Air) build -
You don't need 2x EIW on seraph if you have 38 fly.
It greatly increases cost of your bot and doesn't help you at all since wings activated just gives you 40 fly and anti stun. That anti stun also greatly hurts the fact that you have stun regain.
If you stick with the 38 fly, then take out those EIWs and get something like float dash.
If you keep the 2x EIW it's better to swap out for some more tech tunes than to tune for 38 fly since you will just be spamming wings the whole time and it should last you the whole match if you learn to conserve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 4:39 am

there is nothing wrong with that post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2   Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kito's Ongoing New Player, Low Budget Guides PART 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com