Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Warframe General Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:36 pm

Oh, I'm not sure if everyone knows this by now, but right now, if you have a build with negative duration on a frame with toggle, and it's negative to the point that it makes the drain cost a lot, you can mod extra power efficiency to counter that.
The game caps efficiency at 75%, but since negative duration takes efficiency away from toggle abilities, what happens is that those abilities end with different values, for example you have 75% efficiency on the frame but the toggle ability is at 50% efficiency due to negative duration, so if you are using a R4 streamline (which most people tend to do), you can use a R5 Streamline instead so the toggle ability gets 55% efficiency (others remain at 75% since it's the cap, while in total you have 80%), if you completely dunk duration, you can use maxed Fleeting Expertise as well, and it will give more efficiency to the toggle while it also takes more duration away, because duration and efficiency mods doesn't take the same % of the actual efficiency, so -10% duration isn't -10% efficiency, it's less than that, you can easily try and see that, by switch R4 for R5 and you will see that the ability will cost less despite being +10%/-10%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:16 pm

Basically, 20% duration = 5% efficiency
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:41 am

Hmmm... Not that bad.

New day of the dead skins seem to be the Liset, Galatine, Boltor, Opticor and not sure if for Nikana. And... capes too?

Cerata finally released tomorrow as well (and according with the PS4 boys, it's clantech).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Augment poll for Atlas and Equinox has started. Hopefully the council members would not be dumb when voting.
Most augment ideas for Atlas are team oriented. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Seems like Steve wants to expand to somewhere outside the Origin System (I guess going to Tau?) in ("hopefully") 2016.

And suddenly, a new raid. Jordas Verdict, it's like the boss battle which people complained that it was too hard because they didn't have proper equipment, except now even harder!

Well, you can't even complete it the first time you go into it. The 2nd part requires an item that is clantech. Research isn't a problem, but making the item is, since you need 500 fragments, and you can only farm those on the 2nd part of the raid, basically you have to go through the first part just to farm items, get out, make the Injector, wait 24 hours and then you can go in again to get past that part, and don't forget to farm items every time you get there. Way too tedious.

Edit: And Rebecca said the item is reusable, at least that's a nice thing, no need to farm every damn time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:40 am

All I got from doing the Jordas raid was an Avenger arcane augment (which I have a shitton of those already) and a nice little badge called the Jordas Sekhara, and if you ask me the raid is quite easy compared to Retribution... for now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Saryn rework and skin next week, and it seems that Trinity's skin is close to completion as well.
Archwing enemies being redone to fit their size and be unique rather than reused and scaled up enemies sounds a lot better, though placeholders aren't that bad if they do change them later, but the new Corpus AW just look so funky.

Used an Imprint of a big red Lotus Sahasa I had, and then used an imprint of a big Chesa that I got from the imprints alert, and got a Red Lotus Chesa, now to wait 2 days to see the size and body type, but for now, it was a success.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:37 pm

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F556384-update-17100%2F

Saryn rework is live, and limited time skin, weapon skin, and sugatra.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:59 pm

The patch notes for Saryn rework lack some info, and some info doesn't match the actual changes. Some abilities got the duration decreased but there's no mention, and some abilities are said to have been buffed in some way but they were actually nerfed in that same "some way".

Edit: Oh, Saryn's new skin has those energy effect animation or whatever you call it on the lighter purple parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:43 am

Toxin damage transfer is kinda wonky on AoE weapons since they pop all 3 spores simultaneously. The spore spreading mechanic kinda screw over Toxin DoT since the enemy is covered with spores, you'll end up spreading spores without being able to increase the toxin damage. Though quickly popping spores with Hikou + Concealed Explosives is the only way of maximizing the exponential damage potential of Spores in high level survivals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Baro is hitting new lows this days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5541

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:55 pm

idk what weapons to use and melee seems difficult
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:07 pm

Melee is mostly underpowered, except some cases, which mostly, almost only, is melee that is tied to a frame ability is too good. The new melee weapon, the Mios seems to be really good actually, but it's clantech.

Weapons in Warframe aren't like in most games where you start with a wood sword and end up with a sword that cuts the planet in half, most weapons can carry you through the entire game, except the MK-1 and other starter weapons, and then there's weapons that have a variant that is superior (Primes/Prisma/syndicate versions usually aren't hard to get, and that one Detron too, but Wraith, Vandal and Dex versions are event only so it's unreliable to wait for their re-release) and usually you want to skip the middle man version and jump to the last one because there is no progression between weapons of the same family, so any effort wasted on a weapon with a variant is wasted when you get the variant.

With that being said, you can just choose whatever you like, however, before you use any forma/catalyst if you get any early on, I'd say that it's best to look at the market (only to see which weapons are in the game, not to buy them, you craft them instead) to see the weapons, and then check the wiki to see if they have a variant, and then choose a reliable weapon without a variant that will last you through most of the game, because if it's reliable and without a variant you can put all the effort on it without wasting it, and it will carry you to places that will get items that you can sell for plat, so you can buy slots.
If you get a set of weapons to get into Derelicts without dying every 5 seconds, you can spend some time farming corrupted mods in there, good mods can get you enough for a Warframe slot (by selling a single mod to another player), others maybe a couple of weapons slots.

The problem with warframe is that if you don't want to charge money, you will hit a wall that will make it so you have to learn how the market works and what is valuable or not (and what you can sell or not, since you can only sell certain things, some in very specific conditions), which can be rather hard to understand at first, IMO, Corrupted mods are the easiest because the mission is easy if you get the hang of mobility and have a nice modded gun, you can just rush through them and find the vault, knowing what to do and where the vaults usually are is only slightly harder, but once you get the hang of it, it's really easy.

If you run out of slots and are finding it hard to get into the market and finding items to sell there (that's why I meant the derelicts), I can give you a couple of mods later that you can sell, not for much, but will get you a few weapon slots and a Warframe slot. I'm stingy when it comes to plat, but giving things that can be profitable isn't about handing plat, so it's fine.

Also, don't use your starting plat for anything else but slots. Only buy weapon slots and a warframe slots with them. Slots will be the most important thing when you first start the game, later if you get the hang of the trade market and start making plat, you can buy other things, but first you need to keep enough plat to buy slots for more weapons. I'd avoid selling weapons that aren't MK-1 and other beginner weapons, since you want to get the mastery before getting rid of them (this is, to reach rank 30) and some can either be used to craft other weapons or can be useful later on (either when you get certain mods or if they get buffed).

Market only has the blueprints for some weapons, other BP are either on the void, alerts or the dojo (there's a few other BP in other places but not that relevant for the early game), and the dojo is the clan thing, so joining one is a good thing to do.
I'm in Very Melons clan, and we do nothing at all, it was a 1 person clan, there's only the 2 of us and all I do is to get all the new research things going as fast as I can, usually right after there's an update, not only so I get the new things fast, but as a way to pay him back for letting me use what he has build with his effort, and let him enjoy the new things without having to bother with funding the research. Perhaps you can ask him to join if you want to get access to clantech later and want to play the game and make all the weapons and warframes in there.

I'd advise you to clear most of the solar chart as fast as you can, so you can have full access to alerts, events and conflicts, without having to beg for taxi.

I will see which weapons on the market will be good and that will last a long while. Later though since I'm doing something else right now and I forget what is on the market or not.
I mean, most weapons are likely to be good in someway, but I will try to pick some of the best. But then, I'm the type of person that uses almost everything, you might as well see me running around with stuff like Glaxion and shit like that.

Hmmm... Tonkor is the best weapon the Market as a BP, but it requires argon, which you can only get in the void, so it's not easy to get early unless you manage to go through T1 or get carried. You can start with the Latron, it's a nice starter weapon, and then later after you rank  it up to the max, if you get a forma you can build the Tiberon and it's a nice weapon for pretty much any level.
Atomos is a really good secondary, again, requires argon. The spira is really good, though a bit hard to use, but not hard to craft. I'm not even going to mention the other good secondary because they are all hard to get for a newb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:48 am

Storm be brewing up Soon™

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F560458-devstream-63-overview%2F

Anyone notice how China can make cooler abilities for their original Warframes (Nezha) than DE?

Also, for Sakura if you just want to be a ultra turbofag, get a Hek or Tigris those two have ultra high base damage and are some of best weapons for novices that don't require hard to get resources.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:51 pm

@AlkaidStar wrote:
Storm be brewing up Soon™

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F560458-devstream-63-overview%2F

Anyone notice how China can make cooler abilities for their original Warframes (Nezha) than DE?

Also, for Sakura if you just want to be a ultra turbofag, get a Hek or Tigris those two have ultra high base damage and are some of best weapons for novices that don't require hard to get resources.

But China frames are done by DE too. DE makes them to fit Chinaframe and release them there first with a exclusivity time window as part of the deal.

Sniper rework looked interesting, even though they didn't use really good things that people posted but it's fine, but the bad part is that they didn't mention anything about the base problems of the snipers, the damage/crit and no punch through except for the Lanka.

Equinox voted augment for Maim/Mend is a night side killer, but the Metamorphosis augment actually sounds great.
Atlas augments are kinda silly except for Landslide. Petrify augment is just "lel, farm to make people use it", when the skill itself isn't bad, DE just needs to make it so Atlas abilities synergise with petrified enemies, this is, deal extra damage to them or give other beneficial effects, without having to use an augment mod. I actually use Petrify a lot when in a party, the only problem is no damage reduction (at least up front, you know, petrify the bullets) which can be a pain against heavy units which take longer to petrify, but it's really useful since it lets Rumblers do their job just fine (except when their melee range bugs) and frozen enemies aren't a threat anymore while they make new obstacles for enemies behind them.
Because it has no synergy, the ability isn't good when on solo.

Sorties seem like the old Tactical alerts (like that one with heavy sword melee one that gave the sigil and new stance) and small "events", which is fine.

They really need to make dual sword stances, like, not one but two of them. And refine the current ones too. And to stop making combos with stop and hold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sakura1
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 5541

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Okay I read everything, and I guess for now Ill focus on the recommanded weapons.
Since I only have M1-Barton, Lato, Skana :V
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Yeah, those weapons are just mastery fodder, starter things, though I'm not sure if it's the Skana or the Dual Skana that is used to craft another weapon later.
Edit: It's the Dual Skana which doesn't require 2 Skanas to craft it, and it's used to make the Redeemer.

Tigris is clantech and requires forma, it's as easy to go to Derelicts, get some corrupted mods, sell like, 2 good corrupted mods and buy the Sancti Tigris from another player for plat (Sancti Tigris is a better version of the Tigris). I forget if they have the MR limitations on trading already for those weapons or if it's coming with the Mastery changes.
Hek is easy to craft, and while you can sell stuff to buy the Vaykor Hek, the Vaykor only shines if you have very specific mods unlike the original that is good with basic mods and the augment.

TL;DR, Hek/Tigris is good but don't invest much on them as you will probably drop them for a better version later, but they will carry you through the solar chart with very little modding since shotgun mods are the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Been using Tiberon, angstrum combo since I got it.

Don't have to worry about killing yourself with angstrum if you main rhino.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:35 pm

This days I might as well side with whoever offers a forma BP, because the void doesn't want me to have any anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:44 pm

@God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Tigris is clantech and requires forma.

Uh what? I'm pretty darn sure its a market weapon.

This days I might as well side with whoever offers a forma BP, because the void doesn't want me to have any anymore.

I would love to throw you half my stock of forma BPs, all I got doing Void were these instead of prime parts.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:51 pm

@AlkaidStar wrote:
Tigris is clantech and requires forma.

Uh what? I'm pretty darn sure its a market weapon.

I would love to throw you half my stock of forma BPs, all I got doing Void were these instead of prime parts.

Oh, I seem to have confused it with some other weapon then.

I got tons of forma when I farmed Volt Prime on it's release, months worth, but then they were so scarce, that once I did less void missions to go do other stuff, they just ran out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:07 am

Trying to beat every boss in the game with Equinox.
Only the first 5 for now.
https://youtu.be/_fjyql6In0M

Quality might not be the best, since I can't really upload big files or it will take years, plus my resolution is shit because of my monitor being old and small.

Edit: 4 more bosses down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmL_MjICp8s

And all the rest too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansKMRD-Lsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S06-3WLJX0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Qd9KDNTtI
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:25 pm

Artemis, Willow or Ivara. #em3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
God is a Cat Girl
(=●ω●=)

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:31 pm

@Leriel wrote:
Artemis, Willow or Ivara. #em3

Haha, Artemis had to be there.

I'd go with Artemis, it's just too good to let it go. Cliché has hell, but it's a nice name anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1124

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:29 pm

>equivalent of ~450 plat at 75% off in eurobucks for one skin
I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Warframe General Discussion
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free phpbb forum | Video games | Other Roleplay games | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com