Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My [New Pc] halp?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:09 pm

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/PRE-BUILD_Gamer_FR920BF

i thought this looked pretty promising besides:

-core i3 ( im not too knowledgable about intel processors let alone any)
-The gfx card ( i have a 2GB msi GEFORCE GTX660 Twin Frozr) for that
-the power supply ( i have an 850watt PS as well)

the reason why i won't go with a cheaper barebones system or take the time to build something piece by piece, is because i severely lack the knowledge to do so. and i honestly am strapped for time, (i don't know how to save). i can order this by today and have it by tuesday. if you guys know any other pre-made gaming pc manufacturers where i can get a good rig ranging from 500-900 dollars it'd be very appreciated. - Kristina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2857
Join date : 2011-03-24
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 am

Why not i7 if you'll get GTX 660? xd
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:01 am

it's a premade with same day shipping (which would be nice) plus i don't think i'll have enough for a monitor if i do go to an i7 :[ i already own the GTX660 though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2857
Join date : 2011-03-24
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:06 am

Well I do have GTX690 and i7-3770k.

Well, whatever floats your boat(but I think it's ok already)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 569
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:45 am

I'm pretty sure you could've gone up to an i5 and bought a much better motherboard, ram, and downgrade the silly case and toss the optical drive for an identical price if you just put it together yourself.. but if you really want to get a prebuilt it's not a terrible price there. Oh, and for the love of god please get a better PSU. With a non 80+ cert PSU if you snag a new graphics card and load it up in there, you're taking a MAJOR RISK. Hell, even without it you're taking one. NEVER EVER skim on your PSU as bad chinese made ones can do some serious damage, while running up a power bill that would've costed you even more than just upgrading it would've in a year. The video card is what's going to really do you in pricewise in the end (The 610 they're giving you there is a joke, and has a street price of ~40 dollars by the way), I'd suggest snagging a 7850 from newegg while they're still on sale for 169usd. There's also the Nvidia alternative but I don't work with the Nvidia brand enough to suggest anything and know for sure if it's worth getting or not.

Alternatively, if you want to pour an extra 100 into your build.. I'm going to link a video to the same person I link to in all these tech threads!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8633
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 26
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:08 am

@Electric wrote:
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/PRE-BUILD_Gamer_FR920BF

i thought this looked pretty promising besides:

-core i3 ( im not too knowledgable about intel processors let alone any)
-The gfx card ( i have a 2GB msi GEFORCE GTX660 Twin Frozr) for that
-the power supply ( i have an 850watt PS as well)

the reason why i won't go with a cheaper barebones system or take the time to build something piece by piece, is because i severely lack the knowledge to do so. and i honestly am strapped for time, (i don't know how to save). i can order this by today and have it by tuesday. if you guys know any other pre-made gaming pc manufacturers where i can get a good rig ranging from 500-900 dollars it'd be very appreciated. - Kristina

Do you have a 660 or 660 ti

if you have a 660 get the i3 if you have a 660 ti get a i5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 am

considering that you are limiting yourself to a specific budget, id suggest AMD instead of intel because they usually offer better prices for equal stuff
but i guess if you have a NVIDIA card youd want to go with intel...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 am

@boytitan2 wrote:
@Electric wrote:
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/PRE-BUILD_Gamer_FR920BF

i thought this looked pretty promising besides:

-core i3 ( im not too knowledgable about intel processors let alone any)
-The gfx card ( i have a 2GB msi GEFORCE GTX660 Twin Frozr) for that
-the power supply ( i have an 850watt PS as well)

the reason why i won't go with a cheaper barebones system or take the time to build something piece by piece, is because i severely lack the knowledge to do so. and i honestly am strapped for time, (i don't know how to save). i can order this by today and have it by tuesday. if you guys know any other pre-made gaming pc manufacturers where i can get a good rig ranging from 500-900 dollars it'd be very appreciated. - Kristina

Do you have a 660 or 660 ti

if you have a 660 get the i3 if you have a 660 ti get a i5.


The 660 isn't a ti
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:08 am

I figured after going through everything I'd be wasting money on that rig only because of the convenience at when I'd get it. So I looked around and found this, instead with practically the same time frame to be shipped to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8633
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 26
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:45 pm

@Electric wrote:
I figured after going through everything I'd be wasting money on that rig only because of the convenience at when I'd get it. So I looked around and found this, instead with practically the same time frame to be shipped to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437

The graphic card it comes with sucks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 pm

@boytitan2 wrote:
@Electric wrote:
I figured after going through everything I'd be wasting money on that rig only because of the convenience at when I'd get it. So I looked around and found this, instead with practically the same time frame to be shipped to me.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227437

The graphic card it comes with sucks.

that's why i bought the 660
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:32 pm

update, i decided to order all the items i need for a custom pc individually. here's my build: ( if anything's off or could be better please let me know)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/176Ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8633
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 26
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:47 pm

@Electric wrote:
update, i decided to order all the items i need for a custom pc individually. here's my build: ( if anything's off or could be better please let me know)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/176Ha

Why are you getting a graphics card you have a  660 remove it that is a crap card well no crap just over priced  and it gets out performed by the cheaper year old gtx 550ti by around 1-2% in games.

Get one of these 3 cases instead better air flow,better priceing.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147153&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL030813&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL030813-_-EMC-030813-Index-_-ComputerCases-_-11147153-L0G

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129066

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146080

If you don't have a 660 get the 650ti boost very similar performance and u save 40 bucks.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GTX650Ti-Dual-Link-Graphics/dp/B00BZB0HDS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1371419800&sr=8-2&keywords=650ti+boost
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 150
Join date : 2012-08-12
Age : 23
Location : One day the dream will end

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:13 pm

i thought it would be better if i got a low end gfx card, then save most of my intensive stuff for the 660, i made that amd build and an intel build

the intel build:

 http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1772s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:37 pm

@boytitan2 wrote:
out performed by the cheaper year old gtx 550ti by around 1-2% in games.

i didnt read up on nvidia cards because i build around an amd processor myself but:

usually while the performance of the older cards is about the same as the newer cards in the medium budget, they offer different features. this most likely shows in the direct X department and possibly in energy consumption.
especially with some cards eating considerably less energy while having the same or slightly worse performance, the price will be much lower in the long run due to your electricity bill being noticably lower in comparison to the older models.

at least for AMD ATI cards this is true and i would be suprised if that wouldnt be true for NVIDIA cards, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 8633
Join date : 2010-12-23
Age : 26
Location : Buffalo NewYork

PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:48 pm

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
@boytitan2 wrote:
out performed by the cheaper year old gtx 550ti by around 1-2% in games.

i didnt read up on nvidia cards because i build around an amd processor myself but:

usually while the performance of the older cards is about the same as the newer cards in the medium budget, they offer different features. this most likely shows in the direct X department and possibly in energy consumption.
especially with some cards eating considerably less energy while having the same or slightly worse performance, the price will be much lower in the long run due to your electricity bill being noticably lower in comparison to the older models.

at least for AMD ATI cards this is true and i would be suprised if that wouldnt be true for NVIDIA cards, too.

gtx 650 does have lower power consumption but really power consumption does not matter on your electricity build as much as people think its more of a factor on how much your gona have to shell out for a psu. Also I forgot 650 can't be use in sli or over clocked as much as a 550ti neither matter tho because she has a 660.

@Electric wrote:
i thought it would be better if i got a low end gfx card, then save most of my intensive stuff for the 660, i made that amd build and an intel build

the intel build:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1772s

No elec that is fucking stupid the gpu runs according to what your doing if your not doing intensive stuff the gpu wont run 100% you don't need a lower mid tier gpu if u have a mid tier gpu. You can use the 660 all the time.

Intel build is stronger than your amd build get it but get a different case and heatsink stop going cheap on the case and heat sink get one of the cases I listed and get this heat sink

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-20PK-R2/dp/B005O65JXI/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1371423161&sr=8-18&keywords=intel+core+i7+heatsink

Thread is done now go buy the parts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My [New Pc] halp?   

Back to top Go down
 
My [New Pc] halp?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com