Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sun's new toy

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Well, I wouldn't call it new, at the very most it would be an upgrade. Here it is.

Previous------------------------------------>Now
Intel P4 3.0GHz @3.6Ghz----------------->Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.8GHz @ 2.13GHz
DDR400 1GB------------------------------->Hynix DDR2667 2GB
VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro VGA Adapter--->nVidia Geforce 7300LE
80GB IDE HDD----------------------------->80GB IDE HDD + 500GB SATA HDD
CD-ROM------------------------------------->DVD-ROM
Asus P5V800-MX---------------------------->AsRock G31M-S R2.0

I bought the RAM and motherboard, and got the CPU and GPU from my cousin's broken OEM computer.

And now CB works! :DDD
Back to top Go down
DragonEmperor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 pm

The dual core looks like its lacking in speed, and you could easily get another 2GB stick of ram quite cheaply. But atleast you have two cores compared to one and double the ram now :V (and that nVidia looks waaaay better then your old GPU).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:29 pm

glad to know my old computer is still good to go O.o

sunjae429 wrote:

Gratz : D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MissileGo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:33 pm

HURRAH good job sunny :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:55 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
Well, I wouldn't call it new, at the very most it would be an upgrade. Here it is.

Intel P4 3.0GHz @3.6Ghz----------------->Intel Pentium Dual Core 1.8GHz @ 2.13GHz

I bought the RAM and motherboard, and got the CPU and GPU from my cousin's broken OEM computer.

Skill > PC
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Funny how when I was putting the stuff together I missed out a power cable on the motherboard, and I stood there going wtf.

@DragonEmperor wrote:
The dual core looks like its lacking in speed, and you could easily get another 2GB stick of ram quite cheaply. But atleast you have two cores compared to one and double the ram now :V (and that nVidia looks waaaay better then your old GPU).

At 2.14-2.36, Internet fails
anymore than that I get BSOD.

2GB ram is not cheap down here in NZ.
http://pbtech.co.nz/index.php?item=MEMHYN22022
Thats the cheapest one. $75?? WTF??

I overclocked the GPU too.. to about 120MHz. 121 got BSOD.

@Sash/a/ wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

Skill > PC

What?
Back to top Go down
Himururu

Female Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:56 am

Well, I paid a little fortune with my pc, but here in BR every thing is very, very expensive, taxes and more taxes, btw I had to buy because I work with Autocad 2010 too (thats the reason), but I really agree with you, RAM here is expensive too.
A dual core PC cost so so US$ 950,00 (with medium resources)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:37 am

@Himururu wrote:
Well, I paid a little fortune with my pc, but here in BR every thing is very, very expensive, taxes and more taxes, btw I had to buy because I work with Autocad 2010 too (thats the reason), but I really agree with you, RAM here is expensive too.

Buy it online.

Also,
Everyone here need moar ram.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:20 am

@Himururu wrote:

Guess what, we just had a GST rise.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Weak Veteran

Male Posts : 2980

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:13 am

Luckily I don't have much EXP in this one. But a little is enough for me to generate a good PC/CPU. O_O
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 am

@Wolf Hikari wrote:
Luckily I don't have much EXP in this one. But a little is enough for me to generate a good PC/CPU. O_O

EXP?? Does it taste nice?
Back to top Go down
DragonEmperor
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 am

Why dont you buy it online from a different country, have it delivered over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:10 am

@DragonEmperor wrote:

Then...

Shipping > Actual Price
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:53 am

Decent system Sunjae, I'd put some more ram in when you can, but otherwise it's still fairly good even if it's not up to the standards of the average US user, we're damn spoiled don't you know. . .

My system has a triple core processor in it from about 2 years ago, not a bad processor and my RAM is from farther back than that but still outperforms most of the memory produced within the last couple years. . . the issue I face is that one of my SLI cards had a fan die on it so I can't use it without risk of destroying it until I can replace the fan, which, let's face it, a person with no means of making money has a hard time doing. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:07 am

just to REMIND everyone about this lil fact:
Windows XP CAN'T handle over 3.4GB RAM.

if you have 4GB, 8GB, 9828592859028GB, Win XP will still understand it as 3.4GB MAX (it varies from 3.1 to 3.4, based on motherboard and stuff)

it's supposed to read up to 4GB on XP64 tho.
Also, some versions of Win Vista have a memory cap. And again, the 64 version can handle more.

but it's a known fact that the 64bit versions of windows give out lots of random issues.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:00 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
@DragonEmperor wrote:

Then...

Shipping > Actual Price

The amount of shipping, plus the actual price from the exported store would still be less than if you bought it from a site/store within your country.

@Izzy wrote:

but it's a known fact that the 64bit versions of windows give out lots of random issues.

It's a known fact that if you wanted stability in the first place,
That you would of stayed with Apple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Himururu

Female Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:42 pm

Here is the same too, when I buy online in other countries, that's ok, but when it comes in Brazil, I have to pay 100% of taxes
So a laptop of US$ 800,00 costs me US$1,600.00 + shipping

Btw I buy a laptop in 5 by 5 years....

ultimatelly I was using a P3 700mhz 64 mb RAM 2 years ago XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:03 pm

@Izzy wrote:

if you have 4GB, 8GB, 9828592859028GB, Win XP will still understand it as 3.4GB MAX (it varies from 3.1 to 3.4, based on motherboard and stuff)

Also, some versions of Win Vista have a memory cap. And again, the 64 version can handle more.

even so, my comp recognizes 3 gigs of ram even though I have 4 installed, but I don't care as long as I can use my comp, wish I could find my copy of Vista x64 but it got lost damn it. . . and XP x64 is crap so not worth my time trying to get it to install properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:23 am

This just in:

New overclocking record

3.4GHz Unstable without getting BSOD
3.0Ghz Stable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:25 am

I apologise for double posting;

@Andaros wrote:
@Izzy wrote:

even so, my comp recognizes 3 gigs of ram even though I have 4 installed, but I don't care as long as I can use my comp, wish I could find my copy of Vista x64 but it got lost damn it. . . and XP x64 is crap so not worth my time trying to get it to install properly.

XP64 can read any amount of RAM.
Stick in 16GB with a 980X, it'll recognise it.

Same goes for Vista64. Also 7 64.

So izzy, OBJECTION.
Back to top Go down
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:52 pm

sunjae429 wrote:

@Andaros wrote:
@Izzy wrote:

So izzy, OBJECTION.

@Andaros -> didn't meant it as "don't put more than 3GB", just once i saw a dude putting 16GB on XP32 and complaining about it.

@sunjae -> as i said, XP64 is SUPPOSED to read up to 4GB, i'm not sure because it is the most unstabble system i ever used, anything over 4GB crashed the system all the time for me. and i said vista 64 can handle more =P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 pm

@Izzy wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

@Andaros wrote:
@Izzy wrote:

So izzy, OBJECTION.

@Andaros -> didn't meant it as "don't put more than 3GB", just once i saw a dude putting 16GB on XP32 and complaining about it.

@sunjae -> as i said, XP64 is SUPPOSED to read up to 4GB, i'm not sure because it is the most unstabble system i ever used, anything over 4GB crashed the system all the time for me. and i said vista 64 can handle more =P.

I know Izzy, and yes XP x64 can only handle up to 4 gigs before a specific patch or service Pack, after that it can handle more, but it's not as stable as it should be, max is 16 gigs on anything below Windows 7 though, not sure if they added support for more than 16 on Windows 7 yet or not. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:24 pm

@Izzy wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

@Andaros wrote:
@Izzy wrote:

So izzy, OBJECTION.

Say that to my friend's computer.XP64 at 12Gbs of RAM. Fucking fast, and stable. And for the most unstable system, ever hear of Vista? Or ME?
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:28 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
@Izzy wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:

@Andaros wrote:
@Izzy wrote:

So izzy, OBJECTION.

Say that to my friend's computer.XP64 at 12Gbs of RAM. Fucking fast, and stable. And for the most unstable system, ever hear of Vista? Or ME?

XP X64 isn't as stable as it should be however, though if you have the right MB it works quite well, don't use one with UGuru, my experience with those is that you get shitty performance or none at all. . .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ironpen27
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 291

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:42 am

Skills>PC may be true...

but this

Skills without a decent PC make a skill full player suck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun's new toy   

Back to top Go down

Sun's new toy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: The Lounge-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com