Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Archeblade

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

Male Posts : 343

PostSubject: Archeblade   Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Since no one made a post about it, i thought i should #em3 (didn't start a new topic in years)

"'ArcheBlade' is a multi-player action fighting game in which users take sides and fight against one another. Archeblade is inspired by arcade fighting games and multi-player FPS games, and it provides both the special moves and combos found in an arcade fighting game and the team play and strategy found in an FPS game."

So its a team based PvP game with 12 characters right now, don't mistake it for a MOBA though, as mentioned above its an action fighting game. It's open beta right now, so there are still bugs and balance issues (minor balance issues).

Here's the official website (abit outdated info there) http://en.codebrush.net/home

Steam page which is up to date http://store.steampowered.com/app/207230/

Pictures of the characters

Spoiler:

Competitive play twitch channel http://www.twitch.tv/absn_tv/

The new premium skins added last week

Spoiler:

More pictures #em1

Spoiler:

Controls are simple but the combat has alot of depth if you get deep enough into the game that is.

Here's a word from the dev team

Quote :
As everyone should know, this game is in Open Beta, meaning that this game is still in development.

Currently we only have 3 programmers on our team. For anyone who does not know, programmers are the people who actually write the codes that make the game happen. This is a very small amount, and even though they work very hard, they cannot work as fast as say a team from League of Legends.

We are looking through these forums, and we see everything you guys tell us about bugs or issues about the game, and work as hard as we can to fix these issues as soon as we can.

The main thing we are seeing is the point about Over Powered characters. We know there are some balance issues with the game, and that is why we are in Beta, to find these issues and fix them. We appreciate your help in finding these issues, and would like to tell you that we are working on them.

Many players seem confused as to what genre this game fits into, this game is intended to be a REAL action game. Unlike games such as MOBA's, where you press a key on your keyboard and something amazing happens, then there is a set cool down until you can press that key of awesome again. This is a game where YOU make the awesomeness happen, not some key you press with a cool down on it. So based on your skill level, different levels of things can be achieved, and this is what the game we want to be.

We want this game to be a real action game, not a game that incorporates certain parts of action games and calls itself an action game. A game that has unique characters than can perform unique combos based on the players input.

http://store.steampowered.com/video/207230/2028530

This being said, there is likely a huge skill gap between players, so this skill gap could cause people to think certain things are overpowered, when in reality it is just that person knows their character extremely well, and knows how to utilize their combos and special moves to the best way, so can quickly beat someone who is new, or inexperienced and does not know these things.

This is not an excuse for balance issues, we know they exist, it's just that it's not as big as most players think it is. We want to see this game become great just as much as you guys do, maybe even more so, and want your help to do this.

There is also the discussion of this game being P2W or F2P. This game is Free to Play! Currently there are 7 out of 12 characters that are free this week. More thank half are free! When the other characters come out, it will be 7/14, half of the characters. You have the options to spend a few bucks to play your favorite character whenever you want, but that does not make the character more powerful or anything, just that whenever you want it is there.

We are working as hard as we can to improve this game, and appreciate the help and support from everyone. We are working on all of the issues that you have brought to our attention, and hope we can fix them quickly. Thank you for your support, and your patience as we develop this game.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Looks pretty cool. Going to try it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 pm

its pretty cool game i say, it reminds me of Rakion, but the bad thing for me is my integrated graphics card gets a seizure after a few games but still playable :/

i mainly use Tiac (due the the current rotation i cant play as Cezanne... >_>)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Female Posts : 777

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Going to give this game a try. Hope to see you guys in-game! #em3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NotZetsubou
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:39 am

Fire Renny and Elichea are very fun~

only downside is my connection is very horrible sometime. I feel bad for dodge everything they throw at me ;ᴗ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:25 am

Looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7872

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:06 am

Maybe I'll try it out too, it looks interesting enough :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1288

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 am

I know what I'm playing after my exams...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:20 am

@FrozenEdge wrote:
its pretty cool game i say, it reminds me of Rakion, but the bad thing for me is my integrated graphics card gets a seizure after a few games but still playable :/

i mainly use Tiac (due the the current rotation i cant play as Cezanne... >_>)

I've played nothing but Cezanne for 180 hours so far. I have the starter pack so.. rotation wont bother me anymore. I need to get Cezanne's premium skin though, the epic masculine Cezanne has to be mine.

If you guys have any questions about the game, i could help #em3

@NotZetsubou wrote:
Fire Renny and Elichea are very fun~

only downside is my connection is very horrible sometime. I feel bad for dodge everything they throw at me ;ᴗ;

I forgot to point out that Elichea (in the picture i posted) got changed to Elika in CBT2 as well, but yeah she's fun. High ping can make the game unplayable ofcourse :3
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:48 am

The lack of customization really kills it for me ; _ ;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 am

Renny instant teleports for a dash and can use fire... Momiji... That you? Jokes aside, I think Ice Renny seems to be more fun to play although difficult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:22 am

@Admin wrote:
I've played nothing but Cezanne for 180 hours so far. I have the starter pack so.. rotation wont bother me anymore. I need to get Cezanne's premium skin though, the epic masculine Cezanne has to be mine.

stop tormenting me with jealousy D:

anyway ive heard they will add a in-game currency later, so free-fegs like me can unlock some characters (Steam... Y U CREDIT CARD ONLY D:< !!!!.... i just want Cezanne... maybe a Frost Renny's Idol Skin too.. but... meh...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and for those who got started and got ugly graphics (like pixelated graphics even though your settings are set on high)
the solution is:
1. Find installed folder. and find config folder.
In my case
C:\Steam\steamapps\common\ArcheBlade\ABGame\Config

2. And rename ABEngine.ini to other. (don't delete. it can be reason of game crash. if game crash, you can restore this file to solve crash)

3. Run game. It will generate ABEngine.ini automatically.

Every UE3 game generate some ini file when you run game 1st time. Sometimes (especially using notebook) that generate files with wrong option.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 am

@Seraphcrim wrote:
Renny instant teleports for a dash and can use fire... Momiji... That you? Jokes aside, I think Ice Renny seems to be more fun to play although difficult.

Ice renny is a bad character to start with, she's really strong at full potential. Need alot of skill though. That's why it's not recommended to start with her. Her fire counterpart is much easier, still not that easy but its easier than ice renny.

@FrozenEdge wrote:
@Admin wrote:

stop tormenting me with jealousy D:

anyway ive heard they will add a in-game currency later, so free-fegs like me can unlock some characters (Steam... Y U CREDIT CARD ONLY D:< !!!!.... i just want Cezanne... maybe a Frost Renny's Idol Skin too.. but... meh...)

Yeah they are planning to have an in-game currency later. Cezanne premium skin is beast :3
Back to top Go down
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 am

B-but I like to play characters with higher difficulty...

People would think I'm a troll though but that's fine with me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tickle
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 303

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks for sharing this game.

I am learning the way of Ice Renny. Her stunlocking, range harras and amusing evasive skills are fun, i am already competent enough to stomp newb rooms :3
I hate male design in this game though ;-;

And i feel like i will get bored of this game soon, might charge 2$ to buy Ice Renny though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:40 pm

I hope after CBT, they don't IP block SEA (likely though)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:33 pm

@Seraphcrim wrote:
B-but I like to play characters with higher difficulty...

People would think I'm a troll though but that's fine with me

Ice renny is FAR from what i would call troll though #em1

Elrath is a troll, can take down entire teams alone with Elrath

@Tickle wrote:
Thanks for sharing this game.

I am learning the way of Ice Renny. Her stunlocking, range harras and amusing evasive skills are fun, i am already competent enough to stomp newb rooms :3
I hate male design in this game though ;-;

And i feel like i will get bored of this game soon, might charge 2$ to buy Ice Renny though.

You might have trouble taking down the more decent players #em3 Game might get boring if you don't join any group to play with, but they will be adding more progression/rewards in-game later. I heard ranked games system would be in soon as well. Seems that Ice renny is popular among people here #em0 Dont forget the E button btw. Blocking and countering in the right timing is important, there are many openings in between combos that you probably missed. It varies between each character, that's why its good to learn every character though to know the correct timing when you fight them. Or of course you could do it the harder way and play one character, fight all the others hundreds of times to learn how to counter the every other character.

@Seraphcrim wrote:

They are already past CBT btw, they are in OBT now. And no they wont be IP blocking anyone, because its more of a global/international game, with servers for almost everyone. (Dev team is all korean people)
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 pm

@Admin wrote:
Ice renny is FAR from what i would call troll though #em1

Elrath is a troll, can take down entire teams alone with Elrath
Most female characters are trolls (except for Valle). With their blinks and long range attacks, they can just pew pew while running away.

and i joined a Duplicate-Champion room... and it was full of Elraths.... it was annoying.....

@Seraphcrim wrote:
IP Block is impossible... There are KR and TW servers/rooms in-game and theres even a SEA GMT+8 room hosted every night, the one problem you will encounter is tons of empty rooms >_>
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
God Poster
God Poster

Male Posts : 8633

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 am

System requirements posted here

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=6252&game=Archeblade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Seraphcrim
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:10 am

OP gunner is OP.
Other than that, I find this game enjoyable. I'm happy that this is sorta similar to S4 League (no prizes to anyone who guesses my IGN) which I play often. Now, to find where dafuq did I put my Steam (unless steam is uneeded now, sorry not up to date)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 am

@Seraphcrim wrote:
OP gunner is OP.
Other than that, I find this game enjoyable. I'm happy that this is sorta similar to S4 League (no prizes to anyone who guesses my IGN) which I play often. Now, to find where dafuq did I put my Steam (unless steam is uneeded now, sorry not up to date)

Too many people complain about Elika (gunner) because they don't really notice her openings, she's pretty easy to counter btw

She has lots of openings, for example most of the people who use elika will spam her left clicks, between the second and 3rd left click gun spam attack, there is a huge opening(small time window). Also note that elika will always start attacking to your left. She's very predictable, once you get the timings of block and counter you should be fine. Just try her in training mode and check it out. Problem is people don't have enough confidence to get in her combo(after blocking first/second left attacks), too intimidating. Once you get the hang of it, you can abuse that opening as much as you want. Some characters are harder than others in countering her during her combo though, that's why it might be better to just wait for her spam to be done (most chars wont have that issue though)

I will quote Seven intentions here to help more. He says it best.

The §even Intentions wrote:
So, I of course realize that this is a free to play game. To that end, there is a specific way to approach balance critiques that I'd like everyone to be made aware of, so that we may increase the quality of any such discussions.

ArcheBlade is a merciless and punishing game. In a one on one situation, you can lose most of your life by being juggled (Constantly knocked up into the air before you have a chance to land and block), and even then your opponent could guard break you as you land and try and block. For almost all characters this means instant death. In larger fights, it's possible to get juggled by several people at once, meaning you'll never actually be able to do anything to save yourself. This is working as intended, this is what the game is trying to create.

People like to complain. A lot. Seemingly more in free to play games than any other. Having an opinion is fine, but I feel many people don't actually know what they want when they suggest certain balance changes. Maybe they die to something, and instead of being self-critical or thinking about how something probably isn't overpowered, their mind jumps straight to saying "I can't beat this, therefore no one and no thing can beat this, therefore it's overpowered." I'm sure you can see how such logic makes several assumptions that could lead to an overwhelming majority of players crying "overpowered".

With all this being said, a few steps and things to consider before posting any balance observations.

1.) Go into the game with the belief that nothing is overpowered, this will help you consider more, if not all, possibilities when making a judgement.
2.) Have you played at least one-hundred games with the character in question, against the thing you consider to be overpowered? One-hundred may seem like a lot, but it is this attitude that is required to fully make any worthy claims in regards to balance. Even then, it might not be enough.
3.) Have you tried _every_ other tactic? Every other class? This game isn't balanced so that every character can one v one against another. It's a team game, and team composition plays a large role in deciding who will be the victors.
4.) Keep playing. Keep trying to figure out how to win the game, not how to change the game.
5.) Never assume your enemy is hacking or exploiting, always look for an answer that's within the games systems and that you can replicate.
6.) Keep calm and continue carrying on.

Note about what you are about to read below this: This personal example was from before I had access to Elika, I since have gained access to her and while I came to the conclusion that she was fine, I still feel what I'm about to write has merit to still be said as it could apply to any situation with any characters.

A personal example for me is that, out of every character currently out, I have a feeling in my stomach that Elika is overpowered. I play Ice Renny a lot, and it seems like no matter what I do Elika will destroy me. I understand I have this feeling, and then I take a step back and try and look at the big picture.

1.) Maybe she's just better than me, or maybe I'm usually playing poorly when she's around and it's a coincidence.
2.) Maybe my character is made to have an extremely difficult time fighting Elika.
3.) Maybe I just don't understand the character (Elika) enough. I don't have her unlocked, so I don't know what her moveset is. She seems to flow so naturally it's hard to see where an opening is. That's not overpowered, that's a strength of Elika and one that I can rectify by paying more attention while I fight her.
4.) Maybe she's a high kill potential character like Renny, so she gets alot of free meter from killing people who play this game poorly, and so whenever I fight her she has a lot more resources to fight with than I do.
5.) Maybe she's overpowered.

The most important thing to note is that you should never completely get rid of the possibility that a character, combo, ability or something is overpowered. It's certainly possible, but you should exhaust every other option and possibility before coming to such a conclusion.

At the end of the day, just try and have fun. The game is obviously in beta, and we're here partially to try and help make it better.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:27 pm

It feel the most op is the map so far.

Some map just give certain character silly advantage over others, but other map would have been just fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:39 pm

@fhoeng wrote:

Some map just give certain character silly advantage over others, but other map would have been just fine.

Its true that maps have pros and cons for every character, but i don't know how you feel that's OP. What's truly OP is player skill, the player can make any character in there top tier. Right now there are many newbies and the more experienced players crush them with any character they know how to play with. I feel bad for newbies Sad but yeah the game needs alot of skill.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:52 pm

So far, I really like playing as Dick because of his quick movements with his dash and really quick attacks involving the shotgun and melee.
Very air oriented and he can get in the air relatively easy because of his dash, allowing for quick swipes at the opponent, however, he is pretty weak in close range, and has very little options at far ranges so his best position seems to be medium range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:50 pm

@Admin wrote:
@fhoeng wrote:

but i don't know how you feel that's OP.

It is just an expression, like you saying this game take a lot of skill. I know what you mean, just not entirely technically correct, hence an expression.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Archeblade   

Back to top Go down

Archeblade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Off-Topic (Non-CB related) :: Gaming Hotspot!-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com