Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2853

PostSubject: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:46 am

The bug in which the client would frequently freeze after the 11/01/2012 maintenance has been fixed.

From this update onward, the memory usage performance of the game client
has been improved. The Small/Medium/Large/Extra Large setting in the
additional memory option of the options page have all been adjusted to
make use of the additional memory.

Systems with greater than 2 Gb of RAM will benefit from the XL memory setting.

Systems with less than 2 Gb of RAM may experience difficulties on the XL
memory setting, so if you do experience any troubles than just lower
that setting to Small, Medium, or Large instead and then restart your
game client.

If there is insufficient RAM or the game client does not start properly:
1.) Delete the file named option2.ser from the programs folder of the
game client install folder (default C:/CyberStep/CosmicBreak)
2.) After the game client has loaded, please go to the Options setting and adjust your memory to the Small option.

Alternatively, after reinstalling the game client, restore the settings to their default values.

We are deeply sorry for the troubles that have affected all of our players.
We are always working to develop measures to keep the game client stable into the future.

We deeply appreciate your continued presence in CosmicBreak, and look forward to seeing you in game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2287

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:54 am

I hope this fixes the problem with the skins too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryu Haruse
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 am

@Kuzuha

It actually didn't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kuzuha
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2287

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:41 am

CS developers = dumb nerds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HashiriyaR32
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:15 am

Client's still fucked, but instead of freezing in place forcing me to use task manager to close it (or showing me the "application has stopped responding" window), it just goes *POOF*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.idforums.net
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:21 am

Adjusted Memory Usage size to M from XL(about 1GB RAM here); skins still disabled as a precaution...things seem fine here....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:43 am

As the patch notes state, if you have less then 2GB RAM it's not recommended to set the memory to XL.

I think people setting it to XL while they don't have enough RAM might be the reason for the graphical bug to happen. For the ones that changed it to lower seems to have fixed it so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HashiriyaR32
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 617

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm

8GB RAM
XL Memory since 8/16
Client now randomly goes *POOF* (post-emergency) rather than simply freezing and forcing a task-manager assisted shutdown (post-update).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.idforums.net
Reversal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 245

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

Does anyone find any success with XL Memory?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm

@Reversal wrote:
Me.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Running XL since ages.
Well, 12Gb Ram.
Running a GTX670 OC

Last edited by mikuri on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 897

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:36 pm

@Reversal wrote:

If you're talking about after this update, I dunno, haven't played in a couple of days. If you mean any time, I have 2 GB RAM (;_;) and when they came out with XL it helped A LOT. As time went on though, it went back to being horrible. Freezing every half a second sure is fun, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Here's my current conclusion: Your RAM doesn't play a role in it alone.

I think it's save to say that people that have below 2 GB of RAM can't use XL memory. People with the graphical bug that changed from XL to a lower one, seems to have fixed it or only temporarily fixed it. This doesn't go for everyone though.

Seems like there are people with 4/8 GB of RAM that seem to get the graphical bug on XL, as well as on L. So I think it might have something to do with the graphic card. Can't say anything for sure though.

Just kinda wanna figure out what's the cause of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsuikyu

Male Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm

@Shai wrote:
Here's my current conclusion: Your RAM doesn't play a role in it alone.

I think it's save to say that people that have below 2 GB of RAM can't use XL memory. People with the graphical bug that changed from XL to a lower one, seems to have fixed it or only temporarily fixed it. This doesn't go for everyone though.

Seems like there are people with 4/8 GB of RAM that seem to get the graphical bug on XL, as well as on L. So I think it might have something to do with the graphic card. Can't say anything for sure though.

Just kinda wanna figure out what's the cause of this.

Just changed to M, it fixed the bug for me, even though I have 4GB of RAM.
So, I think you were right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 pm

@Tsuikyu wrote:
@Shai wrote:

Just changed to M, it fixed the bug for me, even though I have 4GB of RAM.
So, I think you were right.

And another soul has been saved from the graphical bug!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryu Haruse
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 232

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:07 pm

@Shai

8 GB ram ; XL gets fcked up; L gets fcked up during epochs;
I dont even want to touch S/M
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 pm

For the ones that still have the graphical bug, do you have integrated or dedicated graphics?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Java is RAM intensive, nuff said.

@Ryu Haruse wrote:
I dont even want to touch S/M
The goddess of S&M is now a sad panda.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2853

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 am

LXE wrote:

/slap

No, it's just CS rarely cleans their client from garbage and unused resources and cleaning them got worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:51 am

@Aria wrote:
LXE wrote:

/slap

No, it's just CS rarely cleans their client from garbage and unused resources and cleaning them got worse.
That too.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1119

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:40 am

@Aria wrote:
LXE wrote:

/slap

What? Are you trying to imply that Java is not a bloated piece of shit? Haha oh you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:34 am

@VeryMelon wrote:
@Aria wrote:
LXE wrote:

/slap

What? Are you trying to imply that Java is not a bloated piece of shit? Haha oh you.

Minecraft.

Even though Java ain't the greatest thing around for games, CS really is just bad. :l
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:32 am

Well, i don't have much troubles so far, save for one: my client freezes and does not respond after a match. Kinda like 3 out of 10. At least i get to keep in the match and recieve the rewards.

I've erased the memory file before like CS suggested, and i'll try to do so once i have the chance (either tonight or tomorrow) to check if it still keeps bugging me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VeryMelon
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Male Posts : 1119

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

@Shai wrote:
@VeryMelon wrote:
@Aria wrote:

/slap

Minecraft.

Even though Java ain't the greatest thing around for games, CS really is just bad. :l
Tell me you're not serious. Did you actually LOOK at any Minecraft screenshot and then at its system requirements?
http://www.fortresscraft.com/
Here you go, a Minecraft clone that isn't written in a shit language. Runs better as a result while also not looking like ass at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 pm

@VeryMelon wrote:
@Shai wrote:
@VeryMelon wrote:

Minecraft.

Tell me you're not serious. Did you actually LOOK at any Minecraft screenshot and then at its system requirements?
http://www.fortresscraft.com/
Here you go, a Minecraft clone that isn't written in a shit language. Runs better as a result while also not looking like ass at the same time.
My laptop is a complete piece of sh*t and I might not be able to run at the highest settings, but I can play at least on medium so I'm perfectly fine. CB on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)   

Back to top Go down

11/2/12 Emergency Maintenance (Memory)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Events and Updates :: Cosmic Break English-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum