Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Short and Sweet Epoch Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Short and Sweet Epoch Guide Empty
PostSubject: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:05 am

Offense:

-Shotguns and shotgun-type weapons are all you should be bringing. You'll want to use these on an air for maximum mobility and to eliminate the threat of melee/Rouche (despite appearances, Rouche can't shield the top of the PS on every map except one).
-Though powerful, "quad breaker" builds using asura amj'd custom shotguns/mmbgs are forced to land and sit still unless aided by a Lark Pit. Either consider the latter, use moving burst+air loop, or CV tune if you actually intend to use one - do note however that single shotgun builds are far safer and more reliable.
-Healers have no place on offense. Time not spent attacking the PS is both time allotted for the PS to heal and for defense to organize. That's not to say certain supports don't have their place (Burst Fire Melfi in particular is great on offense) but if you're healing you're only hurting the team.

A few example breakers (with imperfect stats, but pictures look better than calc no? Force tuned shotguns and lots of tec are all that matters most of the time anyway):

Shotgun Seraph:

Doesn't have to land, boasts anti-homing.

Alpha Breaker:

Non-shotgun alpha parts optional, can use anywhere from 2~4 shotguns. Either use MB+Loop or Lark Pit so you aren't forced to give up movement to shoot. UC builds are best off using Izunagi with x2 CSG.

Buriden:

Doesn't have to land, boasts longer range than other breakers.

Burizelt:

Imitation of Buriden using Blitzelt BS instead of Shaden BS.

Specific shotguns of interest:

-Shotgun: Basic, M-size.
-Custom Shotgun: Tighter spread and more damage, but requires an M/L-size bot. Probably what you'll be using if you aren't using Seraph.
-Omega Blaster (Mod): Powerful, large int means the PS' TGH has time to reset between hits. Wide spread and LL size means you'll need to get close though. Mod version recommended.
-Blitz Blaster (Mod): Not terribly powerful but the tight spread and long range makes it a very safe weapon to use. Mod version recommended.
-Multi Mega Beam Gun (Mod): Extremely powerful, M-size so it's Seraph usable. Mod version recommended.

Defense:

-The only objective: Defend the PS. No matter how many times you die, you can't lose if the PS doesn't die.
-The PS can be healed. Use Melfi, Kingyo, Repair Bits, etc.
-Rouche barriers are useful against grounded threats, but flying breakers won't be bothered by her presence. Fluene is highly useful for keeping melees off the bit and bolstering its HP.
-Aside from killing offenders, it can be equally useful to disrupt them. Bots like Sigma Clock, Nemlim, or Resha that slow or cancel main weapon use make breakers useless. Bots like Greinaut and Machintlet make it impossible for airs to stay above the PS. Bots like Kingyo or weapons like Daedalian AM2 or Beetlander HD can be used to punt breakers away from the PS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:23 am

I like how this is sweet but not sticky. I don't need to wash my hands after eating it #em3

No but seriously, pretty helpful an easy to understand advices, just as always when you post in this section.

Maybe I can open that cube now ö.ö
Back to top Go down
View user profile
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3759

PostSubject: Re: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 am

Only thing that could probably be added is that Burners make for some decent defense weapons, it completely screws up quad breakers and forces single-wield breakers to flee as well.

Oh and simple tips on items for offense: Farm your enemy's item containers, they frequently drop barrier which makes for an excellent assist item for PS breaking.

And Hurricane Blow is absolutely vital in offense on 1x PS Encircle Mountain maps against a good defense team.

(oh man I totally forgot about my blitzelt, I should probably tune him for PS breaking rather than swap parts on my MLG raystag all day everyday)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 5:36 am

Something I'd like to add as well: on Offense, sending bots that are good for murdering things but not breaking Power Spots - like Ivis and Eris and such - into the defending team's spawn is a nice way to distract and disrupt them. The less defenders crowding the PS, the faster and more safely it goes down.

Of course, it doesn't help if your whole team is running bots like this. Pack a PS Breaker or two in your commando just in case, and instruct your teammates to do the same before they get warped into the match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
Gerrion

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 7:42 am

Allow me to help here: Baculus, the weapon from Medinger's AM, is also awesome for PS healing, especially with the hypershot boost from the very same PS.

Just make sure you can avoid mellees while you're healing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short and Sweet Epoch Guide   Short and Sweet Epoch Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Short and Sweet Epoch Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Guides-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com