Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides



 
HomeSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 1493
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 25
Location : Dude.

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
@Shai wrote:
Time is valuable.

Nor does it take away my second point. 'Perfect Attendance Event' & half the playerbase not logging in 'cause they don't get anything from it doesn't work well.

like i wrote earlier, i find this punishment not even close to enough. and i was mild with saying they should block AT LEAST the second HU cube per 1 day ban.
why? because if it wasnt for the pitiful amount of players i would go for perma ban for bugabusers without a second thought.

If CS banned players for abusing something CS was too dumb to try to fix for TWELVE FUCKING HOURS then that would be unnecessary and would look very bad on them, and they would be expected to take action towards other exploits to make this incident look better. People exploit loads of things in CB, like lagshields and HU cubes, and if they were to actually give punishment for something so small then they would have to give punishment for all the bigger things, too, or maybe even just cosmetic glitches. They'd have to start acting like actual GMs instead of the lazy slobs they are now, and they'd have to have actual standards. And of course, if all those players were banned paid loads of money for the things on their accounts, there would be all sorts of drama. Nothing that CS wants or needs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 7765
Join date : 2011-01-07
Age : 20
Location : Japan

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:27 pm

It's actually in the TOS that abuse of exploits of that nature will be met with permabans, but I digress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:47 pm

...and of course, now there's the bazaar issue to contend with...haven't checked in the last few hours...is it working?? <_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
avatar

Male Posts : 1319
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 21
Location : Team Manager for WoW

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
...and of course, now there's the bazaar issue to contend with...haven't checked in the last few hours...is it working?? <_<

No. I doubt it'll be up today. Highly doubt tomorrow either. Maybe next week when CS employees have to go back to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2079
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 46
Location : Chattanooga, TN, USA

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Solo_Ace wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
...and of course, now there's the bazaar issue to contend with...haven't checked in the last few hours...is it working?? <_<

No. I doubt it'll be up today. Highly doubt tomorrow either. Maybe next week when CS employees have to go back to work.

Nuts...maybe I can still raise enough uc for the rt conversion roll I was hoping to take.... :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
avatar

Male Posts : 1319
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 21
Location : Team Manager for WoW

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:09 pm

@CapeMike wrote:
Solo_Ace wrote:
@CapeMike wrote:
...and of course, now there's the bazaar issue to contend with...haven't checked in the last few hours...is it working?? <_<

No. I doubt it'll be up today. Highly doubt tomorrow either. Maybe next week when CS employees have to go back to work.

Nuts...maybe I can still raise enough uc for the rt conversion roll I was hoping to take.... :\

It'll only take you like one hour, considering x3 makes you get like 2-4k per arena match.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 pm

@Suki_Eve wrote:
@Aurum_Sol wrote:

like i wrote earlier, i find this punishment not even close to enough. and i was mild with saying they should block AT LEAST the second HU cube per 1 day ban.
why? because if it wasnt for the pitiful amount of players i would go for perma ban for bugabusers without a second thought.

If CS banned players for abusing something CS was too dumb to try to fix for TWELVE FUCKING HOURS then that would be unnecessary and would look very bad on them, and they would be expected to take action towards other exploits to make this incident look better. People exploit loads of things in CB, like lagshields and HU cubes, and if they were to actually give punishment for something so small then they would have to give punishment for all the bigger things, too, or maybe even just cosmetic glitches. They'd have to start acting like actual GMs instead of the lazy slobs they are now, and they'd have to have actual standards. And of course, if all those players were banned paid loads of money for the things on their accounts, there would be all sorts of drama. Nothing that CS wants or needs.

whats your point? i thought i wrote my view pretty clear: if it wherent for the pitiful usernumbers i would perma ban players for exploits without a second thought.
they dont have a reason to play the game when they feel the need to exploit anyways.

personally i dont care about cosmetic exploits ... unless they involve making body parts invisible, which isnt exactly impossible either.

well, might just be me, but i vastly prefer exploit free gaming environments because i have no fun in playing with disgusting trash people that exploit to get the upper hand. yes, i am pretty much intolerant in this one matter. >in my opinion there is no place for exploiters in non single player games< its as pathetic and disgusting as doping is for sports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 941
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 22
Location : Not where Akhenderson is but close!?!?

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:04 am

I get 10 RO cubes for being lazy

sweet, fuck those shitty HU cubes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:21 am

@Aurum_Sol wrote:
@Suki_Eve wrote:
@Aurum_Sol wrote:
...
...

whats your point? i thought i wrote my view pretty clear: if it wherent for the pitiful usernumbers i would perma ban players for exploits without a second thought.
they dont have a reason to play the game when they feel the need to exploit anyways.

personally i dont care about cosmetic exploits ... unless they involve making body parts invisible, which isnt exactly impossible either.

well, might just be me, but i vastly prefer exploit free gaming environments because i have no fun in playing with disgusting trash people that exploit to get the upper hand. yes, i am pretty much intolerant in this one matter. >in my opinion there is no place for exploiters in non single player games< its as pathetic and disgusting as doping is for sports.

Sorry to say, but I think you're as ignorant as can be. ''Disgusting Trash''? Seriously? Your idea to permaban people doesn't justify anything and atm, you're being just as terrible as the ones that exploited the glitch. Might as well ban every lagger, [HU] Cube abuser, moe spammer and everything else that might turn into a better 'gaming experience'.

Stop trying to look like someone that wants to do justice. 'Cause atm you seem worse then the ones that took advantage of CS' mistake. But tbh, I'd hope what you say comes true. And that around 70% of the players get banned and the game completely dies. Btw, this would ruin any game. Even if there was a larger playerbase, around the same % would have abused it.

And it's pretty much as Suki said. Many of those would have been users that spend money on it. Do you think any game would even consider banning a huge amount of players where lots have and still will spend money on? It's like you're thinking normal people wouldn't take advantage of this and the ones that did are obviously criminals. I think your way of thinking is corrupt.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:12 am

@Shai wrote:
@Aurum_Sol wrote:
@Suki_Eve wrote:
...

whats your point? i thought i wrote my view pretty clear: if it wherent for the pitiful usernumbers i would perma ban players for exploits without a second thought.
they dont have a reason to play the game when they feel the need to exploit anyways.

personally i dont care about cosmetic exploits ... unless they involve making body parts invisible, which isnt exactly impossible either.

well, might just be me, but i vastly prefer exploit free gaming environments because i have no fun in playing with disgusting trash people that exploit to get the upper hand. yes, i am pretty much intolerant in this one matter. >in my opinion there is no place for exploiters in non single player games< its as pathetic and disgusting as doping is for sports.

Sorry to say, but I think you're as ignorant as can be. ''Disgusting Trash''? Seriously? Your idea to permaban people doesn't justify anything and atm, you're being just as terrible as the ones that exploited the glitch. Might as well ban every lagger, [HU] Cube abuser, moe spammer and everything else that might turn into a better 'gaming experience'.

Stop trying to look like someone that wants to do justice. 'Cause atm you seem worse then the ones that took advantage of CS' mistake. But tbh, I'd hope what you say comes true. And that around 70% of the players get banned and the game completely dies. Btw, this would ruin any game. Even if there was a larger playerbase, around the same % would have abused it.

And it's pretty much as Suki said. Many of those would have been users that spend money on it. Do you think any game would even consider banning a huge amount of players where lots have and still will spend money on? It's like you're thinking normal people wouldn't take advantage of this and the ones that did are obviously criminals. I think your way of thinking is corrupt.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.

its common occurence to ban exploiters because usually they hurt >the larger non exploiting part of your gaming community< and most likely destroy the games ingame currency (depending on exploit). at the VERY LEAST there are bans to scare of the broad masses from exploiting. well, at least one wouldnt need to worry about the ingame currency in this game since its options basically block most harm to it.
thats something that CS didnt do early enough and to be honest your opinion is in so harsh conflict that it >disgusts< me. i mean seriously - you want me to tolerate people exploiting right next to me? are you kidding me? how do you come to the conclusion that you have to accept that kind of behaviour? like, really?
there are rules set for this game and you are going to tell me to tolerate people not sticking to them?

on a side note: i wrote MULTIPLE times that i would (if i had the power to do so) ban those exploiters IF IT WASNT FOR THE GAMES PITIFUL POPULATION. i am obviously aware of the consequences to the game.

oh and: to the points of them being " criminals " : think about it, there is a rule and they break it >intentionally<. that pretty much does turn them into a criminal for doing so. not like i would use the term " criminal " for something on this scale and in that place. id rather use the term " exploiter " or when you feel like it " cheater " (which wouldnt be entirely correct per definition?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 403
Join date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:47 am

Just popping in to say that I agree with Aurum's view on exploiters. They make the game less enjoyable for normal players.

Imagine if CS did nothing about the unlimited RO cube glitch. Exploiters would be rolling in them while regular players get shafted. Would you(assuming you are a non-exploiting player) be happy with that?

Same reason why (good) MMOs crack down on exploiters/botters/goldfarmers etc. because they devalue the currency/take up training areas which negatively impact a regular player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:55 am

And that's where you're missing something. CS did do something about it. The abusers got their accounts rolled back. I do think the x3 was unneeded and should have been left out so that it would have been more of a punishment for the ones that abused the bug. Else it would have been big enough of a punishment. Plenty of people that would have had even their account de-level'd.

It's not about the low playerbase, it would kill the playerbase in any game with the high % of players that have done it.

Things like goldsellers and botters are a very low amount compared to the players self. A game can effort banning them 'cause they don't buy from the game nor do they spend actual time it. It are just bots. There's only one game I canthink of where half the playerbase were actually botters.

These are actual players we're talking about. So like I said, even if this game had a high playerbase, it would still kill it. As too much of a % from the playerbase would drop. Including the total amount of money they're getting.

The way you want things are too drastic and will destroy the game more then that it will fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:03 am

you do realise that for example blizzard does ban not only the seller but occasionally the ones that BUY the gold, too ? :> (occasionally means they do it less now but they did ban quite alot of people for buying gold in vanilla, a warning ban and when repeated also permabans)

a rollback is in >no way< enough punishment because it is basically >no punishment<.
they have no considerable drawback compared to those that didnt abuse shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 am

Permaban still won't fix that.

Banning people because the game messed up, and on such a big scale, will only break the game completely. I will not change my opinion about that.

I enjoy playing this game, and I'm perfectly fine with them having had a rollback. I couldn't care less about it now 'cause all they did was simply waste their time logging in and out and didn't get anything from doing it. They had their one-day fun, and then they lost everything they gained from it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
avatar

Posts : 403
Join date : 2011-05-07

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:11 am

@nzlk wrote:


Imagine if CS did nothing about the unlimited RO cube glitch.

@Shai wrote:
And that's where you're missing something. CS did do something about it.

I think you're the one missing something. I was putting forth a hypothetical scenario of CS letting the RO cube exploiters slide. I know for sure I would be dissastisfied with that outcome as a non-exploiting player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩


Male Posts : 7872
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 24
Location : Mars

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:29 am

And this is where we drop the entire argument and hug each other. I'll start~! *Hug*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
abdomenial
Newcomer
Newcomer
avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2012-07-21

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 am

*hug*
but what CS did (the rollback) would probably the safest way as the outcome of bug abusing, considering the majority of CBEN community held a great amount of rage toward the company, then they give 5 more RO cubes and WP cubes as dispensations. Ipso facto, CS managed to keep the initial players that once was
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gerrion
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2218
Join date : 2012-01-10
Age : 31
Location : Portugal (Europe)

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:29 am

Quote :
And this is where we drop the entire argument and hug each other. I'll start~! *Hug*

I agree! Let's all hug in happiness and kawainess.


Pic related to my action:

Spoiler:
 

On my opinion, i believe they should, after this is over, create a private server just for the sake of testing the rolebacks. Even if it's a rarely used measure (second time they used this from what several told me), they should make sure it doesn't go the wrong way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:45 am

I'm not the huggy type, so I'll let you do that. And I'd rather call it an enjoyable discussion. I don't get to have proper discussions very often. :3c

And I guess you're referring to the Bazaar not being there and the clan issue? What would be the most logical, is that they purposefully didn't do Bazaar 'cause the [WP] Cubes should be tradeable. Though they at least should have mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
avatar

Male Posts : 1319
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 21
Location : Team Manager for WoW

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:18 pm

So... Sunday and still no bazaar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:31 pm

Stop waiting for bazaar and do some 3x UC #em2 arena!
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
avatar

Male Posts : 1319
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 21
Location : Team Manager for WoW

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:33 pm

More money for next week I guess XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
avatar

Female Posts : 4410
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 23
Location : Lost Canvas

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 pm

I don't have UC problems, I want my Bazaar. :l

Nor do I get to play CB around these hours 'cause I must play Tekkit. Yes, must. :3c
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
avatar

Posts : 1761
Join date : 2011-05-26

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

@Shai wrote:
I don't have UC problems, I want my Bazaar. :l

Nor do I get to play CB around these hours 'cause I must play Tekkit. Yes, must. :3c

i never have uc, all my envy ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
avatar

Male Posts : 2857
Join date : 2011-03-24
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 am


Update: Because Bazaar had already been held
twice in September, it seems that it failed to automatically activate on
on 9/29. Therefore, we will be holding Bazaar on 10/6 instead.
(We will run Bazaar again on 10/13 too, in keeping with the every other
week pattern as if Bazaar had been held on 9/29). Our apologies for the
mistake!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance   

Back to top Go down
 
9/28 Unscheduled Maintenance
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: Events and Updates :: Cosmic Break English-
Jump to:  




Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com